main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EPISODE 3 : A FALL FROM GRACE / (COMPLETED SCREENPLAY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Chiz, Nov 15, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Ok, anyway, back to the topic (after having actually read the posts.)

I tend to agree with Rogue Jedi- "One-way past the Outer Rim" means one-way past the Outer Rim. To me, that seems to mean "outside the galaxy's boundary," which means Magellanic clouds or stars that aren't within the galaxy's boundary.

Continuing with my analogies to Asia...

China was an enormous and powerful empire. They could have, quite literally, taken over the entire world- they had the ability. They didn't. Why not? Philosophy. They felt that if their country was governed virtuously, everybody else would join them on their own.

Unlike the Europeans, the Chinese didn't have to prove how manly they were by going out to explore. If you think about it, there's really no reason to. The Republic probably had enough to deal with already without exploring.

Asian analogy #2.

Japan is a little teeny island chain with practically no resources. This didn't stop them during World War II.

Size matters not. This is straight from the movies, so I hope you won't argue with it.
    Even though there are few stars, they may still have plentiful resources to win. There are asteroids and nebulae that can be mined, etc etc.

Also, if you think that wars are won by weights of materials, you are HUGELY mistaken. I could point out precedent upon precedent of wars that were won with few materials, but enormous advantages in skills, tactics, and MORALE. Vietnam, the Islamic Jihads, Mongol conquests, the Revolutionary Wars of dozens of countries. Endor, Yavin, the entire Rebellion. You get the idea- materiel is one of the more minor factors in determining a victory.

-Hiroko

2. Tiker Kotnom

Tiker Kotnom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2000
    Mammoth gut, this is for you

3. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    Mammoth gut, this is for you

4. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Hm... it was ME who killed that thread. I don't know if I should feel guilty or proud.

5. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Hm... it was ME who killed that thread. I don't know if I should feel guilty or proud.

6. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    Ahh, found it! This is for the early January crowd, for nostalgic purposes.

7. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    Ahh, found it! This is for the early January crowd, for nostalgic purposes.

8. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Wow. This thread sure brings back memories. I wonder where Stilgar is these days. I haven't seen him around here for a while.

9. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Wow. This thread sure brings back memories. I wonder where Stilgar is these days. I haven't seen him around here for a while.

10. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    This is too important to just let driff into oblivion.

11. Tiker Kotnom

Jun 27, 2000
    This is too important to just let driff into oblivion.

12. Garm Bel Iblis

Garm Bel Iblis Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 1999
    The fact is that NO government could ever encompass an entire galaxy. It would just be too big, too unwieldy. Think of the beauracracy that exists in the United States today-a fraction of one small planet- and then multiply that to fit an entire galaxy.

13. Garm Bel Iblis

Jun 15, 1999
    The fact is that NO government could ever encompass an entire galaxy. It would just be too big, too unwieldy. Think of the beauracracy that exists in the United States today-a fraction of one small planet- and then multiply that to fit an entire galaxy.

14. Garm Bel Iblis

Jun 15, 1999

15. Garm Bel Iblis

Jun 15, 1999

16. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    Now that the NJO is coming out, any more thoughts on this topic?

17. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    Now that the NJO is coming out, any more thoughts on this topic?

18. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Wow.... I started it and I only posted in it like twice out of nearly a hundred posts...

19. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Wow.... I started it and I only posted in it like twice out of nearly a hundred posts...

20. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Okay: The following contains Vector Prime spoilers so for those who do not want to spoil a read, please leave.

Why the New Republic will Fail
    Vector Prime Edition

Briefly in the beginning of the book, we see the New Republic council and the way it is governed. The following is a list of the council members:

Borsk Fey'lya - Bothan
    Niuk Niuv - Sullustan
    Cal Omas - Human
    Triebakk - Wookie
    Pwoe - Quarren
    Fyor Rodan - Human
    Chelch Dravvad - Correlia

This is the supreme level of government of the New Republic. Of the glorious New Republic.

And yet at several intances in the book, we hear of this Council being a slow, inefficent and corrupt orginisation rather than being a unified, unbiased governmental body. Instead, we see Borsk and his cronies and some sane members to balance the chaos out. With an inefficent government like this, *pls read title again.*

Any more thoughts on this situation would help a lot...

21. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Okay: The following contains Vector Prime spoilers so for those who do not want to spoil a read, please leave.

Why the New Republic will Fail
    Vector Prime Edition

Briefly in the beginning of the book, we see the New Republic council and the way it is governed. The following is a list of the council members:

Borsk Fey'lya - Bothan
    Niuk Niuv - Sullustan
    Cal Omas - Human
    Triebakk - Wookie
    Pwoe - Quarren
    Fyor Rodan - Human
    Chelch Dravvad - Correlia

This is the supreme level of government of the New Republic. Of the glorious New Republic.

And yet at several intances in the book, we hear of this Council being a slow, inefficent and corrupt orginisation rather than being a unified, unbiased governmental body. Instead, we see Borsk and his cronies and some sane members to balance the chaos out. With an inefficent government like this, *pls read title again.*

Any more thoughts on this situation would help a lot...

22. Leia Solo

Leia Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 1999
    okay... to kill the post once again... the new republic will fall, and as a matter of fact has just fallen. if i were to die, or disappear per-sey, sure someone would take over. the fall wouldn't be brought about because of bureaucrats or anything of the sort. it would be eaten away by a threat that would go unnoticed until too late. what if luke were to also disappear? someone would haev to rake over the academy, and what if they were not ready to teach others? congratulations... you now have a new generation of sith on your hands. they can go unnoticed for a time but by the time they're notived, it is already too late.

23. Leia Solo

Leia Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 1999
    okay... to kill the post once again... the new republic will fall, and as a matter of fact has just fallen. if i were to die, or disappear per-sey, sure someone would take over. the fall wouldn't be brought about because of bureaucrats or anything of the sort. it would be eaten away by a threat that would go unnoticed until too late. what if luke were to also disappear? someone would haev to rake over the academy, and what if they were not ready to teach others? congratulations... you now have a new generation of sith on your hands. they can go unnoticed for a time but by the time they're notived, it is already too late.

24. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    this thread rocked the house! Even though I missed the entire middle debate...

it was here that I had my corn cookng problem too.... This one's definately an archive thread
    not because of the corn duh!

25. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    this thread rocked the house! Even though I missed the entire middle debate...

it was here that I had my corn cookng problem too.... This one's definately an archive thread
    not because of the corn duh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.