main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EPISODE 3 : A FALL FROM GRACE / (COMPLETED SCREENPLAY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Chiz, Nov 15, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiz

Chiz Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 1999
    TITLE CARD : A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....

EXT. Space

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title, followed by a roll up, which crawls into infinity.

STAR WARS

EPISODE III

A FALL FROM GRACE

Following the battle against the
    the Mandalorian army, Bail Organa
    has been pushing for the formation
    of a Rebellion in an attempt to stop
    the Galactic Empire.

Meanwhile, the Jedi have been
    quick to plan the re-establishment
    of their depleted army. However,
    they are blissfully unaware of the
    new threat that faces them.

The evil Darth Sidious is preparing
    to complete his ultimate goal ; the
    destruction of the Jedi Knights. But
    with the recent failure of his Sith
    apprentice, Sidious feels he has
    already found a potential
    replacement?

EXT. Space.

Against a black sea of stars, the camera PANS DOWN to reveal a lone Sith Infiltrator speeding across camera. PAN with the ship to reveal a distant Star Destroyer. The Infiltrator approaches the Imperial ship.

INT. Star Destroyer. Hangar bay.

The Sith ship lands inside the Star Destroyer hangar bay. A parade of Storm Troopers line up to the right in single file. Two figures emerge from the left hand side of the hangar bay and walk towards the still Sith Infiltrator. The ramp of the ship lowers and DARTH TREPID walks down. He then kneels in front of his master, DARTH SIDIOUS. Sidious? aide, Governor TARKIN stands in close comfort.

SIDIOUS : You may rise, Lord Trepid.

TREPID stands and faces his master.

TREPID : Master, forgive me for my failure.

SIDIOUS : (spreading his arms) Skywalker?

TREPID : I underestimated him. He eluded me.

SIDIOUS : Good for him. Not quite so promising for you.

TREPID : Lord, if there is anyway in which I can repay you, then you?

SIDIOUS : (interrupting) You can start by carrying out a mission for me.

TREPID : A mission? Where?

SIDIOUS : Alderaan. Since Senator Organa?s resignation he has caused me several problems. He wishes to form a Rebellion and is slowly gaining support from some select sectors of the galaxy. There is only one way we can stop his interference.

TREPID nods.
    SIDIOUS : I believe there is a meeting in the Royal House. You will find him there. Our spy will be present to assist you.

TREPID : I see.

SIDIOUS : Be wary. The Jedi Council are opposed to me also. They may have a member at the council.

TREPID : They will be of no problem.

SIDIOUS : Don?t underestimate them this time.

TREPID : Skywalker?

SIDIOUS : He may be there. However, I don?t want him harmed.

TREPID : But my Lord, I must?

SIDIOUS : (interrupting) Your mission is to Destroy Organa and any other at the meeting. Do that and Skywalker may not be needed. If you fail, I may need a replacement.

TREPID : (staring at Sidious) I will not fail.

SIDIOUS : I hope not.

TREPID bows to his master and re-enters his ship. SIDIOUS signals the Storm Troopers ; they then also board the ship.

TARKIN steps forward.

TARKIN : Skywalker is now a Jedi Knight.

SIDIOUS : I have my ways, Governor.

The Sith Ship blasts out of the Star Destroyer and into space, leaving TARKIN and SIDIOUS standing alone.

EXT. Space.
    The Sith Infiltrator speeds past camera.

EXT. Royal Palace. Gardens. Alderaan. Day.

In the gardens of the Royal Palace, ANAKIN SKYWALKER and his master OBI WAN KENOBI both walk towards the Palace side by side.

ANAKIN : Master, I never had the chance to thank you.

OBI WAN : For what?

ANAKIN : For believing in me. For telling the council.

OBI WAN : Anakin, you deserve to be a Jedi Knight.

ANAKIN : It means a lot to me.

They continue to approach the palace.

OBI WAN : You have grown strong and you will be essential in a training of future Jedi but you must not become overconfident.

ANAKIN : (shaking his head) I will never.

OBI WAN : Although you are a Jedi Knight, you must remember that you are still a learner and I am the master. You do have much to learn.

ANAKIN : But I?ve already learned so much.

OBI WAN stops walking and ANAKIN stares at him as they near the Pa

2. wolfie

wolfie Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE!!!
    Im pretty new to the computer thing but have made my own fan movie and want to capture it to avi so that I can improve it a bit .I went out and bought the studio 400 package but cannot capture the damned thing in 100% picture quality!!!have seemed to have tried everything.Im not using the studio 400 software to edit as i have got adobe premier 5 but still cant get good quality by going through this,am wondering if the studio 400 capture card doesnt capture 100%quality?am nearly tempted to go and buy another capture card to use with the adobe software but am afraid of making the same mistake if someone can help me in lay mans speak i would be forever gratefull,dont know how this board works so will give my email here as well.seand@ancc.com.au many thanks.

3. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    A couple of things that can improve capture quality: 1) Defrag your HD 2) Close all running programs except Explorer (using the ctrl-alt-del menu), 3) make sure you have ample RAM and HD space, and that your HD is fast enough (7500 rpm or better).

Hope this helps!
    -Lokmer

4. wolfie

wolfie Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    Have tried defragging no luck!!have 128 of ram 13 gigs hard drive still dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!

5. Jawa Jedi

Jawa Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2000
    The problems not your computer its the capture card. The Studio 400 is an anolog capture device with a maximum of 15 fps capture rate. it is possible to pipe it in to premiere but the quailty rate is HORRIBLE especially if you want to pipe it back out to a VCR for any type of use. I have the same thing at home and i found all this out after chatting with the sales representative and telling him what i wanted to do (make a SW movie) he told me to buy a non-linear capture card. I'm only a student and i don't have a full time job, so i don't have a lot of money to spare so i'm going to get the Studio DC 10 Plus it's really good and it's about the best you can get from them without having a SCSI-UW HDD. it'll capture up to 640x480@30fps if you have a SCSI HDD and will capture right below that with a EIDE HDD...i forget the resolution but it is still pretty high. you can buy the DC 10+ @ buy.com for $117 $50 less than the MSRP or the next step up is the DC 30 for $350 if you got plenty of money to spare.

6. Jawa Jedi

Jawa Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2000
    The problems not your computer its the capture card. The Studio 400 is an anolog capture device with a maximum of 15 fps capture rate. it is possible to pipe it in to premiere but the quailty rate is HORRIBLE especially if you want to pipe it back out to a VCR for any type of use. I have the same thing at home and i found all this out after chatting with the sales representative and telling him what i wanted to do (make a SW movie) he told me to buy a non-linear capture card. I'm only a student and i don't have a full time job, so i don't have a lot of money to spare so i'm going to get the Studio DC 10 Plus it's really good and it's about the best you can get from them without having a SCSI-UW HDD. it'll capture up to 640x480@30fps if you have a SCSI HDD and will capture right below that with a EIDE HDD...i forget the resolution but it is still pretty high. you can buy the DC 10+ @ buy.com for $117 $50 less than the MSRP or the next step up is the DC 30 for $350 if you got plenty of money to spare.

7. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    If you really want the best quality, and you have the money, it's probably best to go firewire. Firewire is a direct, digital computer link. You can probably buy a firewire expansion card that has the firewire port. Firewire works with digital cameras (I don't know which cameras; could anyone help me on that one?). Firewire is also called iLink and IEEE something by different companies, but I think they're all the same. Besides not being analog and losing not losing quality, it's also a lot faster.

8. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    Just remember, to use firewire you must have a DV camera (either MiniDV or Digital8), otherwise the exercise is academic.

9. wolfie

wolfie Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    thanks guys for the help looks like ill have to go and buy a new capture card any more ideas on the subject would be great!!!

10. tony the jedi

tony the jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    With all the money you are spending on new capture cards you should just go out and buy a DV camera and a DV card so you can do it right the first time.

11. wolfie

wolfie Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    Thanks guys for the help but I have already filmed my movie on normal video tape ,I guess analog I`m not up with the tec talk but I think my movie`s pretty cool, will put on the web IF I GET MY CAPTURE CARD SORTED OUT!!!!!!!!!!Can`t afford a digital camera will spend about $500 Australian on another capturew card but am crapping myself about buying the wrong one.I guess I`m after a card that is simple (because I`m new to this computer thing!!)Can anyone tell me if there is a card that is like my video player,you have audio video in and a/v out, do cards work that way!!!!As far as I know my PC is up to the job as far as stats are concerned so will look forward to hearing back from someone!!thanks again!!!

12. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    Yes, cards work that way. If you spent $500 on the card, the problem is most likely in the way it's set up rather than the card itself. It sounds like you need some on-site debugging. Do you have a friend who's a computer geek, or a local computer shop you can take it to?
    -lokmer

13. Mr. Star Wars

Mr. Star Wars Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2000
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/marv_g400/home.htm http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/marv_g400/home.htm

14. tony the jedi

tony the jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    You say you'll spent $500 on a capture card but can't afford a digital camera??? You can get a Mini DV cam for $400-$450 if you look around.

15. wolfie

wolfie Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    Hi tony!
    Im in australia and would buy a dv camera if i could find one for that price.to buy one here im looking at $2000 plus!!!!and besides Ive lready filmed my movie on ordinary video tape!!!

16. lokmer

Mar 15, 2000
    look over at http://www.dealtime.comwww.dealtime.com usually over there you can find DV cameras for $600-$800 US for the lower end (but still very adequate) models.
    -Lokmer

17. wolfie

wolfie Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2000
    thanks will try it out but have to find a pal version,iI guess by the time I convert aussie dollars to U.S Ill be broke!!!

18. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    That was really great! Although I must admit, I didn't read the whole thing-I skimmed through it so I could read the end. :0 The only thing is: didn't Queen Amidala die in Episode Three? I'm not critisizing-I can just tell I spelled that wrong-but I'm just wondering about that.

19. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    That was really great! Although I must admit, I didn't read the whole thing-I skimmed through it so I could read the end. :0 The only thing is: didn't Queen Amidala die in Episode Three? I'm not critisizing-I can just tell I spelled that wrong-but I'm just wondering about that.

20. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    All I can say is 'wow'! One mistake that I found was Bail Antilles was a senator in TPM, not Wedge's dad. That is awesome!

21. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Can't read any responces: maybe this will help!

22. Deren

Deren Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Wow! It took me a few days to read it, but it was wonderful! I liked most of the plot elements, adn I think it would be a fabulous script for Episode III. Keep up the good work. Have you thought of an Episode II script yet? Overall, great job.

-- Deren

-----------------

Deren, formerly Jedi Halcyon

23. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
  24. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.