main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Episode 3 Dresses (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by The_Lady_THX, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I thought I'd post some pics from the Vanity Fair :D
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/miscpics/large/VF1.jpg]
    What is that thing by Natalie's feet?

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/miscpics/large/VF2.jpg]
    A few more costumes in the background, kind of hard to see, though one is the Brown Outfit.

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/miscpics/large/VF3.jpg]
    The ad on the back of the magazine LOL

2. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    You are correct - it was the April 1999 issue of Vogue. They had a model in the costumes. But they were neat arty shots and I love them. I was so hoping they'd do the same thing with the AOTC costumes, but alas, they didn't.
    Doubt they will for Ep. III either.

Benae Quee, thanks for emailing me the pics! I was just about to ask you for them! Actually, I noticed the sleeveless brown outfit on the dres form - but I'm curious about the other costume you pointed out on the other form!

So that's the only Padme pic. Major bummer.

3. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Today, for a birthday present, my dad got me a star wars triva calendar- you know, the ones with a question per day... anyway, while browsing through it, they had a few images from episode three, the most interesting being one of a red faced senator who was born out of concepts for darth sidious. He is a rather shiny looking red color, with sharo teeth and the like- and another picture of Mon Mothma. The texturizing on the collar area (or what I could see of it, anyway) reminded me a lot of the collar piece on the red theed palace gown in episode one.

I thought it was kinda cool. The calendar also had some pics of chewie, and as far as I can see only one of padme, that being in the revelation costume.

~Laura

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Happy Birthday jedilucass! [face_alien]

LOL! I have that calendar too and flipped through the whole thing on new year's day looking for ROTS pics. [face_laugh] I think all of the ones in it have been seen before on either Hyperspace or in the Insider. It's cool that they included them in it. :)

There's a gorgeous hi-res version of the VF Padmé pic over on ThePadawansGuide.com. Thanks Maggie for posting it! The details on that dress are so pretty.

5. jedilucass

Dec 1, 2002
    Thanks, dawn! Too bad my birthday presents are all books for my classes... all 18 hours of them... but, yeah, that's what I did today. It's still cool to see them in print instead of a computer screen.

6. joelle

joelle Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    happy birthday! hope you have a great one

7. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    happy birthday, jedilucass! :)

I have a rather... ummm... stupid question. What kind of fabric would be a good substitute to use on the Padmé Ep3 green cloak if one couldn't find suitable velvet? I know it's weird to be asking that, but thanks anyway for any answers. :D

8. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Happy birthday jedilucass! Hope it's a fun one!

9. PadawansGuide

Sep 26, 2002
    Yes - happy birthday Laura!

10. Aure

Aure Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    Yes, happy birthday Laura! And indeed you are right. It is so thrilling to see E3 pictures printed. It kind of makes you realize that it really is coming.

11. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I was just reading the overveiw of the Insider #80...
    Episode III watchdogs will have a lot to chew on in this issue, from Rick McCallum's Prequel Update to Hyperspace's on-set coverage of the making of the final prequel. Classic trilogy design motifs really become apparent in the pages of Episode III photos, from hairdos to hardware. New Star Wars baddie General Grievous takes center stage in the comics section, and for the thousands of fans planning for the ultimate Episode III experience, Celebration III gets an update that will get you packing your bags early!

I thought some people might find it intersting :D

12. jedilucass

Dec 1, 2002
    *smiles* Thanks everyone for the well wishes! As for the question about a substitute fabric for the green robe, I've seen a few suedes that have a nice color to them. I know the woes of finding a suitable velvet- the good stuff is so expensive! There is a thread for this costume... I need to post something there, so I'm off to bump it up.

~Laura

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I just saw the story at the Official Site about ROTS sketch cards (from the trading cards line). Padmé is in a few of the sketches and although most don't show much more than her head and neck, there are a few that show a teenie bit of her costumes. I thought it interesting that the artist (Thomas Hodges) who drew her with the Leia buns made her costume look purple and drew another one of her with similar buns and a red(?) costume.
    I wonder what she's supposed to be wearing in the sketch by Dan Parsons?

I know they aren't the same as real pictures, but it's fun to wonder about them anyway. :)

To see them you have to click on the card that shows Chewie, the pencil sketch of Vader and Aayla.

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not much, but Padmé is the character on the Celebration pass for Friday. I think she looks awesome and I can't wait to see better pictures of her in this costume. (The hairbun costume.)

C3 passes

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Ep 3 Padme figure can be seen in this pic:

http://www.yakface.com/2005/walmart/20.jpg

and if you want to hear your pocketbook scream out in agony...

http://www.yakface.com/2005/walmart/walmart.shtml

16. PadawansGuide

Sep 26, 2002
    Someone sent me this new pic that shows more of Padme's Senate costume - most of the headdress, anyway!

click me

17. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    cool, very different from anything we've seen before.

18. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    It looks like the wings of an angel. :)

19. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    That hair accessory reminds me a bit of the Rebel Emblem - but it's missing the center part of the crest.

They do look like stylized wings don't they!

I can't wait to get a better look at some of Padme's costumes. All the couching on the coat in Vanity Fair is just mind boggling!

- Kay Dee

20. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Reminds me of a halo. I guess they're really trying to make sure we get the fact that Padme is good and Anakin is evil. lol :p

21. PadawansGuide

Sep 26, 2002
    Actually it reminds me of the emblem as well!

22. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    and if you want to hear your pocketbook scream out in agony...

The gluttonous consumer in me just squealed with glee, though. ;)

23. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    I can't WAIT for the Toy Fair in NYC (I'll be there) wish I could take a few things home though LOL. I forsee a cupboard FULL of SW food items =P~. Wish they had more Padme figures, some portrait dolls like TPM ones would be great :D

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    My pocketbook screamed in delightful agony when I saw all the merchandise! Bring it on.

I really like the new picture of Padmé and Bail. Her headdress looks like angel wings to me too. So pretty. Bail's costume also looks fantastic. :)

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I came across two new Padmé pics in 3SA today. (Thanks to those who orignially posted these!)

Both show her in the light blue nightgown and jeweled headband. She looks very pretty and the gown has some delicate looking details to it. Very feminine.

ROTS Storybook cover picture

picture from a foreign magazine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.