main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Episode 3 Dresses (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by The_Lady_THX, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    That bejeweled headpiece is SO pretty.

I'm glad she isn't absent on the storybook cover -- with the dearth of Padmé marketing LFL has chosen to do, I'm pleasantly surprised she's featured with the rest of the cast in this context.

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I know. I'm also pleasantly surprised.

3. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Ditto for me- I'm really surprised that she's getting on the cast photo covers... I just hope that she's got some coverage in the visual dictionary- the past two times she's had at least two sections- mainly for the senate padme and then the "normal" padme... and that should be released soon- I have mine from episode two signed by Rick McCullum at c2, and that was a few weeks before the movie was released.

~Laura

4. nya

nya Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2001
    A new image of Anakin and Padme in her revelation gown on millenniumfalcon.net courtesy of spoileriffic:

http://img222.exs.cx/img222/284/tender1db.jpg

This is just beautiful [face_love]

5. Aure

Aure Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    OMG! It's lovely! Does not show anything new about the costume, but it is still just *so* beautiful. Very aesthetic and serene.

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    I love that picture. [face_love]

7. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Awww... I love the new pic! So peaceful and so gosh darn cute!

~Laura

8. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    That IS a beautiful picture... makes me sad for the doomed nature of their relationship.

9. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Nice pic. Sigh.

10. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    <--- Is angry

I litterally JUST finished one of the episode 3 nightgowns.. and now a HIGH RES pic close up of the top came out.

Spoiler picture

*sigh*

11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh no! Samantha I totally feel your anger! The exact same thing happened to me back in 2002 when I made my first picnic dress. The DAY I finished the corset embroidery a huge pic came out of it online with tons of detail. Which, of course, highlighted every mistake I had just made on mine. [face_frustrated]

It looks like the inner edge of her neckline is edged with a stitched design. Could you add that to yours? You may be able to do it with your sewing machine and a good stabilizer/interfacing, like a tear away. I'm not sure about the rest of it...whether it's like an emboridered design or if it's woven into the fabric. But maybe you can just try and incorporate some of it into your pre-existing gown?

I think this picture of Natalie really highlights the resemblance between her and Keira too.

12. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I *might* be able to do something around the edge -- maybe find some kind of ribbon or stringy something-or-another. But its ok, You are still able to tell that its that gown.

For anyone who wants to see my gown, you can go here

Took me about a week to do. Probabaly a total of... 15 hours. (I made a 3 hour mistake) The total will be about $85.00 to complete. (I still gotta get some kind of shoes, Im hoping maybe something will show in the visual dictionary before c3) I also need to get a head band. I'm gonna go to the flea market for that.

Theres a few things i would fix, I would have lined the top part. Its extremly messy inside. And I would have sewed things together in a different order.

Edit: This is the first time in my life i am HAPPY to have curley hair! Its SO easy for me to do my hair for the episode 3 costumes then it is the other ones :)

13. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    [image=http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/3934-padme.jpg]

14. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    OMG too Cool! Now we can get a better look at the brooches :D :D :D Thanks for posting that! Now I have to completely remake mine LOL

15. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    *squints at teeny brooch/buckles*

Dude, do I spy the Amidala symbol in there yet AGAIN? [face_laugh]

16. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Awwww, she's cute. And I think you're right, ThePariah, it looks like the symbol is on the brooch/buckle thingie.

17. surlygirlie

Aug 1, 2000
    Everybody seen this?

http://www.starwars-union.de/bilder/news/20050211padmepromo_bg.jpg

You may need to copy and paste; this sight sometimes redirects direct linking.

That fabric sure is beautiful...

18. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    OMG! Drooling, that is sooo pretty. I love the fabrics :D Now its yet another costume I want to do LOL

19. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally! A full length promo shot. :D
    Thanks girlie!

I have to go stare at it now.

edit: The fabric of the underdress reminds me a lot of her black 'kissy kissy' dress material. Hmm. The neckline of it matches up with her black dress too. Interesting. Maybe she wears it under this cloak.

20. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    OOOhhhh so pretty!! Ahh, I need more velvet now! Lol.

The spotted part reminds me of the cape for the Tantooine 2 piece.

:)
    ecila

21. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    ooohhhhhhhh its so nice :)

22. Benae_Quee

Nov 15, 2002
    Obi-Dawn I think you are right about that. Though this picture makes it look like a dark purple instead of black.

23. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    I will be 5 months pregnant at Celebration III, so I really want to do a Padme costume to take advantage of my unique costuming situation.

But, since time is limited and I already have a number of costumes, I don't want to tackle one of the super technical detailed gowns. I am considering her tan jedi-looking outfit with the knee-high boots.

However, I have seen a picture of her in a black cloak/jacket with black flowers in the fabric from the back. She is hugging Anakin, her hair is down and curly. Has anyone seen any other pictures of this costume from the front? I already have a floor length jacket very similar to that one from the back, but without a front photo, I have no way of knowing what else I'd need to do to complete the costume.

Any picture links, suggestions for other simple pregnant Padme costumes, or ideas are appreciated!

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    mgmcpa, this is the only clear shot of that dress from the front. You can also see Natalie in it in webdoc 6, Video Village.

In fact, this is the dress in question regarding the new picture of Padmé. It looks like she may be wearing it under her cloak. (Which would imply that when she got back to her apartment she let her hair down and took the earrings off....)

25. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oooh - thanks for finding that pic Surly! It looks to me like the velvet is a deep blueish purple (a color I ended up dying my velvet by accident!) The nekcline and edging look almost like a leopard-like burnout velvet was used (the silk backing loves to take up the reddish dye). Maybe they like getting stuff from Silk Connection - check out the flagstone burnout velvet

http://silkconnection.com/products/fabric/silk/velvetbo/6399452.htm

- Kay Dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.