main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Episode 3 Dresses (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by The_Lady_THX, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Thanks, Obi-Dawn!
    ~Laura

2. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Great pics! Thanks folks!

I still don't like those buns on Padmé though. They just stick out too far for my liking.

Queen Apailana sounds very lovely!

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Some scans from the ROTS children's book showing Padmé were posted in 3SA last night. The one below shows her revelation gown from the front.

Photos edited -- see this thread for details.

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Ooh! Got my insider today, and I hadn't seen this picture before, so I scanned it:

Photo edited -- see this thread for details.

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    That's wonderful. Her senate dress looks very purple in this particular shot. Thanks for posting it kelilla. :)

6. Naboo_Girl

Naboo_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2003
    Oooooo, I think I know what my next dress is going to be. LOL

7. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    I really like that costume so far - note that you can see the symbol in the embroidery on the sleeve! :)

Obi-Dawn - I just posted links to the Vis. Dict. scans just in case! :)

Maggie

8. Tenyon

Tenyon Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2003
    Gah! I really like the 'wings' in her hair :).

9. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I love this costume! Is it just me, or does padme's senate costumes have a lot of purple in them, since she has become a senator?
    ~Laura

10. Marin_Lemche

Marin_Lemche Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2004
    Distinguished Costumers,
    I'm am making the light blue flowy nightgown from Ep III , and my question is how do i get the arm gauntlets to stay up?! help me please, You're my only hope!
    (I'm just got off work I'm a little tired, and I still have a mountain of homework. I swear I'm not really crazy!!)[face_tired] Seriously though any help would be great!

11. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    You need to make the arm bands REALLY tight around the upper arm. They will hold themselves up. My arm bands really dont allow me to bend my arms very much lol

12. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i like that purple senate dress

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Has anyone else noticed that on page 56 of the latest Insider there are partial pictures of ROTS costumes? They actually remind me of the Costume Conundrum game pictures. [face_laugh]

Anyway, the fourth one down is a shot of the decorative closure on Padmé's Leia buns cloak. Looks like it could be beaded.

The topmost picture is a close-up of her peacock gown's front clasp, the second picture a close-up of her revelation gown fabric. The sixth, or bottom, picture looks like it's from one of Mon Mothma's costumes, the one she has on when she is wearing her silver headdress. I'm not sure what the third or fifth ones down are from. Anyone know?

edited: For lousy spelling. [face_mischief]

14. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    my insider hasn't come yet :(

15. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Yes - it was just like costume conundrum!

I couldn't figure out the same two you couldn't! I was wondering if they were Padme costumes or something else! One of them - the bluish one with the stripes - the pattern in the background looks like the pattern in the background of the page.

The other one had like a pansy pin or something. Don't know what that was!

I bet you're right about Mon Mothma! I thought it was very Padme wedding gown! :)

16. Aliabes

Aliabes Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Hello everyone! I've just came accros this sad, sad, saaaaaaaad) picture. I've always thought that the mystery water costume was for dead Padmé, but somehow I doubt this hairstyle would work with it.

On a lighter note, I've noticed that the last time we see Padmé in the CW series, she's wearing an empire line dress, perfect to hide a pregnancy :)

S_S edit: removed link to picture. Sorry to be a party pooper folks, but we have to be very careful right now, we're being watched like hawks.

See this thread for details.

17. -anthony-

-anthony- Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    No, Actually, Padme is not *dead* (yet) in the pic you have shown, she has not given birth yet, she is still in a coma.

I'm pretty sure the "water costume" is hers...even though we actually don't see any bit of costume there... I'm pretty sure the camera will go down (like in the Wedding scene) just so we can see her holding the Japor Snippet, SO we will see her costume at least :)
    (I read scans from the Novel, and she *does* hold the Japor Snippet in her hands in the coffin)

S_S edit: removed link to picture

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    If you scroll down on the link Aliabes posted, you'll see the image of Padmé with the flowers in her hair is also included. ;)

I've been reticent to post any of these latest images in here because of the LFL crackdown on copyrighted material. Who can tell what is safe to post anymore? o_O (Also because I know some of you have been hoping for a different outcome regarding Padmé's fate... :( )

That said, the image of Padmé with the flowers in her hair surfaced last week and I think she looks beautiful. It's typical that our first look at this scene is a head shot only. Par for the course, I suppose.

19. -anthony-

-anthony- Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Ooops my mistake, when I clicked the link the image was huge and I closed it because I had already seen it, so I did not see the "Funeral pic" was also attached to it.

Speaking of the Funeral dress, do you think we will ever see that full dresss (besides the Webdoc one that kinda seem to be *inclomplete* at the waist area) I'm hoping for a picture like the ones we had of the wedding gown.
    Coz that's sure they won't scroll the camera down to her feet just to show the dress details in the movie LOLL I'm sure they'll stop to her hands holding the japor snippet.

20. joelle

joelle Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    anthony when you speak of the webdoc pic of the funeral dress are you refering to the pic of the water costume? cos as far as i knew, we werent certain this was even padmes` let alone her funeral gown. could you just please clarify!

21. -anthony-

-anthony- Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Well, it's still speculation, I admit, but to me, I'm 350% sure the "water" costume is Padme's (even if not her Funeral attire) - it's just too obvious, com'on, The lady (I forgot her name) clearly said "Com'on, if you look at Padme's costume (while showing the costume) they're incredible and the DETAILS !"

So, There is absolutly no doubts for me - that is Padme's !

22. Aliabes

Aliabes Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I used to be sure of that myself, but right now, I think it differs too much from her other ROTS other costumes. Let's bet, spêculating is fun!

I just hope we'll get to see it in the movie.

23. nya

nya Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2001
    I am a little scared to post pictures on here as per the new rules, so I'll post the thread it's in. There's a great new GIGANTIC hi res (you know, the ones where you can see the person's pores?) of the Leia buns costume over in the 3SA pics thread.

Pic is about halfway down the page:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/12970297/p191/?4772

I am positive that this is what she wears over the kissy kissy gown. I also have been flip flopping over what color I think the kissy dress is. I originally thought it was dark purple, then after new pics of it appeared it looked black. Now this pic surfaces and I'm back to thinking that it's a VERY dark purple. I bought a very beatifully woven rayon material for this gown that I plan on dying, but I'm afraid to dye it the wrong color. Thoughts?

edit: Further down the page is a pic of screenshots of Padme's Revelation gown from the Trivial Pursuit dvd.

24. -anthony-

-anthony- Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah it's definatly the "Kissy Kissy dress"....Wouldn't it be cool if we see her at her Vanity and see her undo her hairdo..? Ah...Unlikely !

BUT, I recall a Spy report saying Anakin enters the room and see Padme combing her hair in her room....and to me, the Kissy kissy dress's hairdo looks weird, when you compare it to let's say the Green velvet dress's hairdo, both are loose hair..I would say they left the hair kinda "straight" with the black/purple dress just because she just had the Buns in the other scene.

I think we will have another color debat here over the color of this dress, I'm saying a very very very darek purple, I'm affraid it will look black on screen though. This time we will have to be careful and pay attention to the color.

In Aotc, it was hard because Padme was in several different lights, Shadow, Indoor, Heavy sunlight, I was going crazy ! I did that dress for my Padme doll, and I *STILL* haven't dyed it the right color yet, I think it's still too white now...

25. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I think it's dark purple. She wears a black shawl over it at one point, and it has black bead/jewel accents on it that really help separate the dress color from black. I'm not sure if those details are visible in any of the publicly available pictures...I wish I could share the ones I have, but I can't. But at least I can tell you what I see. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.