main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padme Amidala Episode 3 Dresses (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by The_Lady_THX, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Today (10:10:20) started a series of shots that show a dark haired female who is definately pregnant :D

2. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm looking at a few of those images zoomed in and such...

from 10:10:40
    • Either she's pregnant or maybe post-pregnant b/c she certainly seems to have gained weight. But actually, if you negative the pic, she definitely seems pregnant.

• It definitely looks blue.

• It looks like a very simple nightgown.

• It's sleeveless

• It has a nice flow to it

• Her hair looks to be pulled back loosely--it's not tight against her head, but it does stay behind her shoulders

From 10:11:00
    • Something besides her arms might be bare...Maybe a low-cut back or something? I'm not sure...

From 10:11:40
    • It seems she is either holding something black or has a black arm band or black clip or something...

3. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up! (And by the way real time, they are doing Kit Fisto's makeup right now)

I've been looking at those shots of Padme on the webcame, and I can't see pregnancy - but at
    10:12:40, you can clearly see Nat has her arm bent like she's touching the back of her neck, and her arm definitely looks bare to me. It definitely is the same set as the earlier scene with Anakin - perhaps it's a nightgown and robe? In the earlier scene she looked as if her arms were covered.

Hmm - after looking again, I take it back - in this shot (10:12:40), it looks like her stomach is sticking out and it looks like she is wearing two layers, both sleeveless, the inner one a darker blue than the outer one.

Fun fun!

Maggie

4. Spitsweet

Spitsweet Jedi Master star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    Here is a rendering of the scene I have made :

[image=http://padawansguide.com/art/anthony_ep3_hyperscene2.jpg]

5. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    Right now (9:18) the webcam is in the costume shop. There are several costumes hungnig the background. For a funny shot, check out 9:08:40. :)

6. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Can you guys post more pics please? :D

7. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    hey spitsweet, that's a great rendering!

spacelady, we're not allowed to post the pics from the Hyperspace cam. sorry!

8. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Ohhh, so your just drawing them?

9. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    No, what Spitsweet's actually doing is creating an image based on what's shown on the webcam. We have no idea if what he's come up with is anything like what'll end up in the movie. Check the main page of the Padawan's Guide to see some images he did before AOTC.

10. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    July 15, 2003 18:11:20

They are showing the costume shop again. Possibly Anakin's costume next to Padme's costume.

The white one in the middle is the one that could be Padme's. It looks kind of Greek, if you ask me. It appears to be cream-colored and seems to have a long (to the ankles)drape over the left shoulder that goes to the front, and another drape that hangs in the back loosely and extends to the bottom of the dress itself (which seems to be about the knees...)

The oddity of the length makes me think the costume is not complete; i.e., it will go over something else... ?[face_plain]

11. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Theres a better shot of the white dress at 19:21:20 July 15. It might be Padme's or Mon Mothas. liann

12. PadawansGuide

Sep 26, 2002
    Wow - that is really cool - and that is a good shot of the costume. I do wonder if it is Padme's or Mon Mothmas?

I did my own rendering of what this costume might look like on Padme. This is NOT anything official, just my own art. Like Anthony's.

[image=http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/speculation/white.jpg]

Maggie

13. Decoupage

Decoupage Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2003
    As someone who has not yet made the "jump to hyperspace", I really appreciate the efforts of those who make the artist's renderings of the webcam-viewed costumes. Please keep them coming as more costumes are revealed!

Also, a question for those costumers who were around pre-AOTC. How far before the movie's release were promotional shots of the various costumes made available? I know it's foolish to hope for anything official before 2004 at least, but I'm curious. Thanks!!

14. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thats pretty cool Maggie! :)

15. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    Maggie, that looks awesome! Just what I was thinking!!

*is very jealous, wishing she had any artistic skills. :(*

Thanks for the other timestamp, liannb!! Awesome...wow, I love this outfit!!

If this is a Padme outfit, and not an extra or other character, do you think she could be pregnant in this? It shows no skin anywhere.

16. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
  17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Decoupage, I remember the official promo shots for AOTC starting to show up in 2002. A lot of them didn't really start cropping up until a few months/weeks before the film opened. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Spy photos were around for much longer though. I think the first Padme spy photo I saw, in her white battle costume, was leaked while they were still shooting the film in 2000. So, if anyone at Fox Studios is able to take a pic of cast members walking arond outside maybe we'll get some more soon! *crosses fingers*

Maggie, that rendering looks great! :) Whether or not it is her dress, I really like it a lot.
    Alas, my cynicism prevails though, because I think it would be too nice of them to show us one of her costumes so soon and so close-up.

18. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I had a look at the webcam pics detailing the white gown, and while I agree it would be a stunning gown in white, I began to wonder if this was simply a muslin version of what was to come (I could just see the myriad of fabrics and detailing that could be employed with this gown). With the accoutrements and various shaping involved in this garment, I would more than expect that a muslin would be needed to streamline the pattern and for fitting. So I'm beginning to think that's what it might be. And full muslins are very common, since it's the best, most accurate way to finalize a difficult garment.

But I love your photo-rendition, Maggie! You could very well be right on the money! :D

19. PadawansGuide

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks!

Oh, I agree - that costume could be anything! It could be a Mon Mothma costume, and extra costume or even a muslin. Which is something I didn't think of. It's entirely possible since it looks like someone was attaching and detaching sleeves and fooling around with it.

Of course, Leia had white costumes, and if they are moving towards the Original Trilogy look...

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, that's for sure! :)

I do hope spy pics come out soon. I remember spy pics and "Select" pics coming out as early as 2000, since that's when I started my site. Good pics were later. :)

Maggie

20. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Looks really cool Maggie!

I second that thanks to the Hyperspace folks for keeping us up to speed!

Speaking of speculating, hmmm, if promo shots of actual costumes only come out months/weeks before film release, will I have time to make one of them before Celebration III? Hmmm....

21. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    That is a pretty awesome rendering of what was on the webcam. You should do it more often!!!!

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    "Speaking of speculating, hmmm, if promo shots of actual costumes only come out months/weeks before film release, will I have time to make one of them before Celebration III? Hmmm...."
    LOL! :D

Sola, that's exactly what I did for Celebration II. I made my first picnic gown with very few reference pics and as I was finishing it the real promo pics came out and shed light on everything I got wrong! Hence, I'm making another one. So beware! :p

23. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Nice pic Maggie,

Theres a new set diary out and it has some cosutming stuff in it. It says the costume department is full of muslim mockups, so that costume might just be that.

in the set diary there is a pic of a really cool sleeve they are working on for a royal person I think. its a sleeve full of holes.
    liann

24. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Those pics are great!! :)

When and Where is the Celebration?? Is it in California?? :D

25. skywalker325

Jun 16, 2002
    Rumors are strong that Celebration III will be in Denver, CO.

It's interesting that you guys just started talking about colorless mock-ups, b/c as was stated once before, today's set diary reveals just that! I think we might see at least one or two costumes in white; after all, AOTC had the battle outfit and wedding dress, and then there's ANH, which was entirely white. I think EP III will be somewhere between those two.

About the gown currently being made that had the cut-away sleeves...it was stated that Iain's concept art called for soft lilac colors, but George wanted darker colors like blue-greens. So all of you speculating on colors... :) This is not a main character's costume, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.