main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Episode 3 DVD Release

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LBJ, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Firstly, welcome! Feel free to have a drink in the pub, and stick up your personal deatils in the bios!

Secondly, I've heard rumors of a box set for next year, but Kart dude can fill you in that info. He seems to know everything!

2. Darth_Holden

Darth_Holden Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks Nat, will check them out.

Good news about the box set too. My wait seems to be nearly over. If one of these new boxsets is released, the good news is that if you didn't get all the slipcases for the previous release of the PT movies then it won't matter. That's if you're as much of a purist as what I am anyway!

3. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I didn't care about the Kmart/Target slipcase. The only thing that peed me off with the ep III slip, is that bloody blue classification that doesn't match the others. As long as I have the movie, nothing else really matters.

4. Darth_Holden

Nov 5, 2005
    Spoken like a true fan, Nat.

5. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Why thank-you. As you have a love of reciting SW movies, there's a Star Wars quote-a-thon on the Oceania, Tassie and UK forums!

6. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Hey Darth_Holden,

I went to the comic-con this year and George Sansweet (Lucasfilm fan relations) hinted at 2007 being the year for the 6 episode saga box set. i.e. to have it co-incide with the 30 year anniversary of Star Wars and all.

That said I guess things could change or there are others who probably disagree with me (it's happened before). I think there was another thread floating around on this very issue.

7. Darth_Holden

Nov 5, 2005
    Bugger, that's a long time away. But it makes sense though. He's a crafty one, that George Lucas. I don't know if I can wait that long...

Maybe there will be an Episodes I, II and III boxset before then (I hope!)

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    If only GL did DVD extras like Peter Jackson.

I watched the 'Within a minute' documentary/featurette yesterday and I was kinda disappointed that the focused on each department for such a short amount of time. I would have loved to have seen a few hours on the ILM crew and the art department for example.

That said, it was interesting to see just how many people were required to pull off less than 1 minute of complete film, almost 1,000 people if I recall correctly, once caterers and accountants etc. are included.

9. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    2007!!!

*faints*

*wakes up*

*faints again*

*stays fainted*

but thats ages away!!!!!!! what about the box set for 123???? surely that wont take years.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Probably need a bit of time to change every second scene before the next DVD release. :p

11. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    They didn't really say anything about a prequel boxset, just implied a 6 episode saga set like I was saying before.

I have no idea what their plans might be for a prequel box set but they are doing another classic trilogy box set due out this December I think, exactly the same as the last one but without the 4th extras disc.

12. Darth_Holden

Nov 5, 2005

Well, The Phantom Menace could only get better...

13. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I would have said the same about the music in Jabba's palace but the special edition proved me wrong.

14. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    "I know, we'll fix episode 1 by putting more Jar jar in it!..."

(not sure how legit they were, but about 2 pages back (if you sort messages by 50 a page) in the wierd emails or more thread, there was a listing of dvd contents for the November box set? But it could be all made up as it was sent to me quite a while ago)

15. JayaMioneDurron

Jul 19, 2004
    hint: dont read the line about JarJar while drinking.

they should do a prequal box set. didnt they do a double release of the first 2?

16. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    yeah! pretty pointless![face_laugh]

Stupid Fox

17. Darth_Holden

Nov 5, 2005
    I seem to remember seeing the Ep I and II set in Myer quite a while ago. I thought to myself,

"Who the hell would be stupid enough to buy that? George, what were you thinking?"

On this basis, I think that it's pretty safe to assume that there will be a prequel boxset, don't you think?

18. LBJ

Oct 12, 2004
    Anything could happen I guess.....but I would assume nothing! I remember the saga box set now (Episodes 1&2) but I thought it came out on the same day as Episode 2 on dvd so would've thought if there was going to be a prequel trilogy set that it would be out by now. But hey they might be saving it for early next year or something with some nice new packaging.

I just want the yoda sequence back in the Ep3 film.....damn that would be a nice scene to have in there.

19. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I don't think the point was to have a box. They were just packaged together in a "get both cheaper" deal

I actually bought it, only because someone taxed my phantom menace dvd, and I got both for a little more than the retail price of AOTC at the time

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I hope that when they release the complete saga boxset that it has a STACK of extras (LoTR style). Thats about the only way I'd be willing to buy it.

21. Darth_Holden

Nov 5, 2005
    I think that I would buy it anyway, heaps of extras or not, just because I'm a sucker. I know that there will be plenty of others just like me as well. The only problem is that GL knows about us too.

22. JayaMioneDurron

Jul 19, 2004
    yeah. how cool are the LotR extras!!!!

[:D] my extra hour and ahlaf of footage.

23. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    If GL and crew want to impress me, they can for a start include the extra footage they cut that should be in the film. I've said this before and I will repeat it, George spends too much time on useless scenes while he deletes character building scenes like Padme' taking Anakin to her home on Naboo, where we get to see her family and home environment etc.

George always argues that the audience doesnt need to see this kinda thing, HES WRONG. He spent a monstrous amount of time setting up the Podracer scene in EP 1 but wouldnt include the lousy three or four minutes showing how difficult it was for Anakin to win the race, when the cable attaching the engine comes loose etc. His other "arguement winner" is saying that audiences can assume what happens off screen and the kind.

What I assume is not seeing pointless scenes in Ep 3 where Battle Droids walk around saying "Uh oh" like sentient beings instead of a part of a collective that is controlled by a central mainframe aboard a ship.

If anythign George finally got right in Ep 3 was giving Artoo a little more fluid animation, as in jumping out of starships and the kind, and I believe he had more personality, which doesnt offend me in the slightest. If George really wants me to buy the box set, he can start by editing out Natalie Portman, Jar Jar Binks, and most of the dialogue from Ep 3.

Jace

24. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    No Padme in Episode 3 then?

And anyway, it's George's story. Let him do what he wants with it.

25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    If anyone is really that pissed off about the big blue ratings on their RotS (or any others) DVDs, cdcovers.cc has a plenty of covers, including a custom Aussie one without the blue rating. It doesn't have the same images as the actual RotS cover does, but it still looks good. Go to this page and look for "Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge Of The Sith Australian custom".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.