main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3: Infiltration of the Jedi Temple Question

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Dmasterman, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dmasterman

Dmasterman Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 8, 2008
    After Obiwan and Yoda surviving, the two decide to go back to the Jedi Temple and pretty much clean up and edit the distress signal within the temple.

When the two Jedi return they have quite an easy time clearing out the troops. So my question is, why was it so easy?

After the Clone's raid on the temple, did they just leave a small group of clones to kill any returning Jedi? Or were most of the clones killed by the Jedi which gave Yoda and Obiwan a small fight?

Or did Yoda and Obiwan just simply overpower all of Clones? IF this is the case, how is it two Jedi Masters easily swooped through an entire Clone regiment? When the remaining hundred Jedi couldn't kill them? Even though there were probably mostly Padawans or Knights, I'm quite sure there were still a FEW Jedi Master around.

Thoughts?

2. VadersPappy

VadersPappy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    Great question. I know that Yoda states that they will have easier access to the Temple while Palpy gives his thunderous applause-causing speech, but the lack of clones still doesn't make sense.

The clones had set the beacon for all Jedi to return, so shouldn't they have a lot of troopers at the Temple waiting for them? Also, wouldn't they radio for help once Obi and Yoda are there? After dispatching with the clones at the entrance, it seems like Obi and Yoda can take their time wandering throughout the Temple. Wouldn't the clones at other locations have contact with the ones at the Temple, and when they lost contact with them, wouldn't they investigate?

I am assuming this is a length of the movie issue that caused this problem. But it still seems like clone amateur hour.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In the novel (IIRC) they use the Force to evade some clones that are still on the premises.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Well, if I do remember the ROTS video game, Yoda and Obi-Wan don't necessary fight clones outside the Temple. They arrive inside and it's a hell hole from Operation: Knightfall; however, clones ambush them like they were expecting them. But, of course, that's probably game mechanics.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    According to the bonus levels, Yoda had to fight some clone ninjas equipped with carpal-tunnel-inducing dodge skills.

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Obi-Wan had to fight the clone assassins too near the single beacon, which was part of the missions. After defeating them, the game shows a clip of ROTS. Obi-Wan says "I've re calibrated the signal.." when Yoda shows up.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, but they also take a small group of clones by surprise by walking up to them pretending to be a drunk old man (Obi-Wan) carrying an ugly baby (Yoda). [face_laugh]

In the movie, I just assumed that most of the clones had left once the operation was done. This fits with the line about it being easier to get into the temple during Palpatine's speech to the senate, since the senate building would have higher security (courtesy mostly of the 501st and the clone shock troopers). They had probably left a small group of clones guarding each entrance. Also, keep in mind that any Jedi that heard the beacon and returned "home" would not be prepared the way Obi-Wan and Yoda were, since other Jedi would probably not be expecting any clones they saw there to try to kill them. If they knew about Order 66 they would presumably have not survived to receive the beacon in the first place; it was just sent to trick the ones that had not already been killed.

8. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Going by the movie, the excuse given was that since there was a special Congress session where Palps was gonna shift into the Empire, most of the Clones at the Temple were at the Senate building. They probably didn't think too many Jedi would recover quickly enough from Order 66 to get back to the Temple by then so it wasn't heavily guarded. Guss they were counting on the top 2 Jedi Masters aided by a Senator.

Going by the ROTS game, there were tons of clones guarding the building. Perhaps they just weren't shown in the film. The attack itself by Anakin was barely shown, yet we got the just of it.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I tend to think the beacon resetting was a long shot at best; just Palpatine covering his bases. I mean, when your home looks like this:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/Parno2/Jedi_Temple.jpg]

....I doubt anybody with half a brain would be very inclined to go anywhere near it. :p

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree with the above points.

11. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    ...I doubt anybody with half a brain would be very inclined to go anywhere near it. tongue
    Good point, and probably what Palps and/or the clone commanders thought too.
    Whats surprising and odd is why, with a limited number of clones left guarding the place, any clone troopers would confront Obi-Wan and Yoda at all, instead of just relaying to Palps and the commanders that they are there.

12. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    There are also several deleted scenes of ROTS that contained "Disguised clones" which are basicly clones in Jedi robes that fought Yoda and Obi-Wan near the enterence of the temple. They can be seen in some photos in the ROTS production photo slideshow on the DVD

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Those disguised clones were also incorporated into the Lego Star Wars game.

14. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    Its also much easier for two Jedi to sneak their way in than it would be for a large group. Especially when one of those Jedi is as small as Yoda. The Clones do not have Jedi senses, it is entirely plausible that two Jedi could get through the defenses.

15. DRSTROMM

DRSTROMM Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2009
    I would have liked to have seen more padawans fighting the clones..the name has slipped my mind, but the one young padawan put up a good fight against the clones guarding the landing platform...It looked like he took out a dozen clones before he was gunned down...kinda funny, but he put up more of a fight than any other jedi in the temple. If i'm not mistaken was the libarian[old lady] a retired jedi knight. They could have given her a good fighting death scene. Also you would think a jedi head quarters/accademy/school would have some kind of security force...or atleast some kind of ''hall monitors'' Maybe some older padawans to keep the younger ones from skipping class...or wondering of campus. It just would of been to obvious seeing a squadron of clones march into the temple.It seems clones where never seen inside the temple, so you could imagine how fast that would spread from one section of the temple to another.and blaster fire sounds would have gotten everyones attention. point is that if one padawan was able to take out ten clones,and we know that there where hundreds of students[younglings/padawans] thats about a thousand clones for every hundred padawans.and that does not include anakin/vader but I am sure once the bell sounded,the jedi knights and masters would have closed in on him.

16. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Yes, but they also take a small group of clones by surprise by walking up to them pretending to be a drunk old man (Obi-Wan) carrying an ugly baby (Yoda).

Before ROTS was released, that was one of the online spoiler rumors going around. I was soooooo disappointed that didnt make it into the movie. :_|

17. ChosenOne314

ChosenOne314 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2009
    So my thought is this:

First of all... it's Yoda lolol.

Second of all, I always thought Ben and Yoda made it to the Temple, fought off the Clones at the Temple exterior, or just enough of them to escape into the Temple where the Jedi would know better than any Clone how to get around (ventilation shafts etc.). Just as Ben did in the Death Star. And I'm not even concerned about Palpatine being contacted that two Jedi got in, because he'd probably assume that they'd not make it out alive... or he's just too busy announcing his Empire. lol.

Just what i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.