main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 needs a videogame!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Lord-Draco, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    First off yes, this is all about hype for EP3, but with past movies it has worked. Look at these movies:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, it had a videogame that came out around the same time that the movie came out to generate hype for it, people would play the game and would want to watch the movie or vice-versa. Two Towers was one of 2002s top selling movies.

Spiderman, same thing it had a great game that was centered around the movie. It was also a tool for hype and advertisment for the movie.

Matrix Reloaded, same thing again. A videogame that is based around Matrix 2.

And the thing about these 3 games, these weren't just your normal videogame thats based off of a movie, the developers that created these games took great time and effort with their provided license to create a true to life feeling that the movie had.

So I was thinking, Episode 3 should have a videogame that is based during EP3 and it should come out like a week or the same day that EP3 comes out. Yes EP1/EP2 had games but they weren't what I'm talking about.

Look at EP1, first off all of the TPM games came out AFTER the movie was released, which defeats the whole purpose of it being for hype. I mean TPM came out in 1999 and Star Wars: Obi-Wan came out in 2001.

Look at EP2, this is even worst. All of its games came out like 4 months after the movie came out. Then with the games did start coming out, they weren't even based during EP2. Star Wars: Bounty Hunter was before EP2 and Star Wars: The Clone Wars was after EP2.

And lets look at the truth, all of the EP1/EP2 games, none of them were big like the Spiderman, Matrix, and LOTR games. Why? Because the hype for them just wasn't there. They all came out after the movie and the games weren't based around the movie enough.

What do you guys think?

2. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    maybe GL and the rest of the Lucasfilm team is focused more on the movies instead of the game. I know its a little farfetched to think something like that but who knows????

3. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    GL and the LucasFilm team doesn't have to focus on the game, thats what LucasArts is for. They are the ones who will have to take the time to do the game.

4. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I agree with the original post.

LucasArts could learn a lot from TTT game. All then need to do is polish Jedi Power Battles up to that standard, get hold of some animatics or something and there's an ideal bit of synergetic marketing right there...

5. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    there was Jedi starfighter for AOTC... but it gave away the the plot of the moive! of course u didn't know it at the time, i'm glad i got it afte the i saw the movie.

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Of course it will have a video game, all mayjor films down, in some cases, two. Just go to a store and look around, There is at least a gameboy game for everything these days, they make them, the real question is "Does anyone actually buy them?"

I was in Walmart with my Brother the other day, waiting for him to find the game he wanted, and I noticed that they already had Playstation games for The Hulk and Finding Nemo two mayjor movies that have yet to be released. This struck me as odd for a few reasons, Since movie games follow the movie story, wouldn't just playing the game be considered a spoiler? and another thing, why release them so early before the movie?

So if they do realease any Games for Ep.3, I will definately being staying away from till after I have seen the movie ;)

7. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    After TPM?

I got Ep1 Racer a week or so before and TPM on PS came out at the same time as racer didn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.