main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Episode 3 Planning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    When do they go on sale? What time?

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, Sherry wasn't there this evening so I wasn't able to ask her in person about the tickets, but I did ask her via email.

Jeff: According to the article tickets will go on sale on Fandango as soon as theatres program show times for this movie in their system.

~Doc_Bev

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just went over to Tinseltown to drop off the color versions of the Hitchhiker posters and spoke w/ Sherry while I was there.

Hope you're all sitting down while reading this...
    because I was just told that each costumed volunteer's name that I give her will get in free for EIII (and Hitchhiker's too). [face_dancing] This will totally alleviate the problem of trying to get tickets while we're out at CIII. I am still thinking of doing a bulk order of tickets for non-costumed volunteers, family and friends but I think that will have to wait until I'm back from CIII.

~Doc_Bev

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I thought I heard that tickets went on sale this weekend? AND ME WITHOUT A COSTUME!!!! ARGGHHHhHHH!

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Well Scott, if you have until CIII I'm sure we could come up with something....

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Tickets for Regal Theatres and Cinemark are on sale as reported last night. Is it possible to purchase the advance tickets at the Box Office instead of online?

7. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    Hello, I will be new to the Rochester Fan Force, and don't have a costume but would love to meet up with people. Sorry but I don't remember where TinselTown is, on Ridge Road?? I do know the area, actually grew up there. Or if there is a group meeting up in Henrietta or Pittsford??? but will go anywhere. are tickets sold out at all? does anyone know??

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Moleman I haven't tried getting tickets at the box office yet, just looked at fandango.com and cinemark.com.

Modernism You don't need a costume at all to be part of The Rebellion. It just happens that many of us in the Rebellion are also part of the 501st and Rebel Legion so we have costumes for that.

I also may be able to get free passes for non-costumed volunteers - so keep on the look-out for that.

Tinseltown is a relatively new theatre connected to an IMAX out in Gates off Buffalo Road. All of us will be out at Tinseltown, I'm not sure of any group viewings in Henrietta or Pittsford. I don't think Tinseltown has sold out of tickets yet, as I don't think they started selling them - but don't quote me on that one. :)

~Doc_Bev

9. Jacensolo86

Jacensolo86 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I have been reading the newsboards for years, and here I am finally giving back. I am sure that everyone knows, but Tinseltown put ticks on sale yesterday. You can buy them online or at the box office. If you buy them online, cinemark is charging a $.75 fee (I don't remember them charging that before).

For all of those going to celebration III, have great time - I am mad jealous. It should be he best yet.

10. Darth_Mopsi

Darth_Mopsi Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I too am posting for the 1st time and coming out of the shadows :D

11. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Welcome Darth_Mopsi!

A number of us are down at C3 right now - so Internet access is somewhat limited.

I'm sure that you'll get a proper welcome early next week once we all get home.

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome Jacensolo86 and Darth_Mopsi!! So excited to have new "faces" on the boards. Ditto on what KnightShade said - we're at CIII, so we'll have to chat more with you once we get back.

~Doc_Bev

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Always seems to happen with a new film on the Horizon. Well better late then never I suppose. Welcome and hope that you join in on the Fun next month and beyond.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I know that Jacensolo86 posted this news while I was gone, but here's the link. So, for those who are not volunteering for the Fan Clubs that night (volunteers who sign up with me are getting in free) make sure you buy your tickets online or in person soon for one (or more) of the Tinseltown midnight showings.

~Doc_Bev

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    KnightShade is going to be starting work on the new posters for Tinseltown to announce our appearances for the EIII premiere weekend. Please check out the new thread I started for volunteers. I need folks to chime up so that I know if we have enough manpower to justify each day's appearance times.

Other thing that KnightShade will need to know for the new posters is if we are doing a raffle. I have already contacted Foodlink (haven't heard anything back from the email I sent 04/26) so that info will be added to the poster once I get confirmation that we'll have a barrel. But, if in addition to that we want to do a raffle (best way to start a mailing list btw) I'll need to know if we have enough prizes to justify holding one. I have a couple items I'm willing to donate. Also, I'm going to try to get around to area business to ask for donations, but I could really use help on that part. If anyone has any contacts, please consider asking them for donations. You can say that it is for a charity raffle that will be held throughout the EIII premiere weekend at Tinseltown. It was suggested that if we were going to have the Foodlink barrel that the raffle money should also go to Foodlink so that we didn't have "competing" charities that we were trying to collect for.

Here's what I've found to donate towards the raffle so far:
    Princess Leia Hallmark Ornament
    Gungan Submarine Hallmark Ornament
    Return of the Jedi SE poster
    Admiral Piett (Ken Colley) autographed photo

~Doc_Bev

16. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    we've got several of the original trilogy poster packs left, so add one of those to the list & I'll see if we have one of the OT standups left & I'll see if D has anything to add

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Tomorrow I will be sending out the press release for our appearances at Tinseltown. Does anyone have any suggestions (other than those listed below) for places to send the press release?

~Doc_Bev

AdNet Community News
    City Newspaper
    Democrat & Chronicle
    Freetime Magazine
    Greater Rochester Visitors Association
    Insider
    Messenger Post Newspapers
    Mygreeceny.com
    Myrochester.com
    www.rochesterathome.com
    www.roch.com
    Shopping Bag Community Activities
    Time Warner/Road Runner
    (Radio Stations)
    The Nerve 107.3
    WBER 90.5
    WCMF 96.5
    WPXY
    WRMM 101.3
    Zone 94.1
    (TV Stations)
    WBGT-TV
    WHEC-TV (10 NBC)
    WORK-TV (13 ABC)
    WROC-TV (8 CBS)
    WRWB (WB 16)
    WUHF-TV (Fox)
    WXXI-TV (PBS)
    R News

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I sent out the press release late last night, but could still use suggestions/contacts for more places to send it.

I've received one response so far. The Gates-Chili Post will be sending out a photographer to take pictures of us. I gave them the times for each day as listed in the Volunteer thread, but I'm thinking they're probably going to come sometime the evening of May 18th.

~Doc_Bev

19. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I know that we were talking about working with FoodLink - but I'm not sure how far we got with this.

I did a quick search this morning and found this:

http://www.foodlinkny.org/foodDrives.html

Did we want to look into having CoolCan come and hang out with the guys from a galaxy far far away for a few hours over the weekend?

I wonder if they supply the costume - or manpower too....

If they do just supply the costume - anyone interested in being CoolCan?

I'm thinking that Saturday might be the best day if we only got him out there one day.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    A couple of updates...

Heard from FoodLink last Thursday so we're all set there.

Gates-Chili Post is still the only response I've received from my press release. Anyone with more media contact ideas - please PM me. I'm going to start calling places Monday to follow up on my emailed press release.

Still looking for donations for our charity raffle. My post from 5/2 has the list of what we have so far. I'm not asking for individuals to make donations, but for help in soliciting donations from local businesses.

Please see the volunteer thread and let me know if there are any additions, subtractions or corrections to be made. That list (and Rebellion name badges) will be used to determine who will be permitted in the theatre without a paid ticket.

~Doc_Bev

21. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok after rechecking we don't have anymore of the standups, but I did make a prize pack consisting of
    1 Star Wars OT DVD release poster
    1 "" window cling
    2 different "" pinback buttons
    2 differnt Star Wars Comics (Star Wars Empire #8 & Star Wars Jedi Shaak Ti)
    1 copy of Star Wars Insider with June/July 2003 issue

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Raffle prize pack contents:
    (updated 05/09 9:15pm)

Princess Leia Hallmark Ornament
    Gungan Submarine Hallmark Ornament
    Return of the Jedi SE poster
    Admiral Piett (Ken Colley) autographed photo
    Star Wars OT DVD release poster
    Star Wars OT DVD window cling
    2 different Star Wars OT DVD pinback buttons
    2 Star Wars Comics (Star Wars Empire #8 & Star Wars Jedi Shaak Ti)
    Star Wars Insider (June/July 2003 issue)

Keep 'em coming! Although I'd like to keep the bulk of the prize pack SW themed, getting donations of gift certificates or the like from local businesses would be awesome too.

~Doc_Bev

23. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I would try contacting PXY again... I was listening the other day (I have no idea what would make me do such a thing, but it worked out ok) and the commercial was advertising the 98 PXY Premiere for ROTS, Spezzano in the Morning's Dark Side Trivia or Torture, and the Obi Wan karaoke weekend.

I looked it up, more info here http://www.98pxy.com/Detail.aspx?dct=6&mid=196 if the link doesn't work, go to www.98pxy.com and click on contests.

They're advertising the movie, so I'm thinking that they should be supportive of our efforts too.

Just my $.02

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    From what I understand PXY's promotion is going to be over at Regal Henrietta the same time we're at Tinseltown so I'm not sure either us or them are going to be able to be at both theatres at the same time. I know their sneak preview will be Wed evening the 18th a few hours before the midnight showings. I was really hoping their sneak preview would have been on Tuesday evening so that we could help out with their promotion, but it just doesn't look like it's going to work out.

~Doc_Bev

25. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    well that stinks!! I think that they should have a sneak peek showing Monday night so that I can go... but that's just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.