main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Episode 3 plot ideas? (possible SPOLIERS)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthFeldman, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Anyone have any input on what might happen in Episode 3? How Ani will turn? All that kinda stuff?

2. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    I don't think the Yoda/Dooku confrontations are over yet.

3. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    Heres what I think..

I dont believe padme will die due to the line in ROTJ when leia remebers her "real" mother. I also think that Ani will turn due to either Palpy or someone else convincing him that she has been killed either by ther Jedi or maybe even by Obi himself. Which will in turn start the BIG battle between Ani and Obi.
    Just my thoughts..
    and just who is this Syfo Dias guy???

4. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    i've heard a lot of rumours about even amidala committing suicide...in either case, it results in yoda and obi-wan hiding luke and leia...

i feel we'll see a lot darker things than we've seen in episode two... the death star under construction, palpy taking over completely of the empire, jedis being slain here and there...etc

5. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I think that Dooku and Sidious Duke it out in Episode 3. I think each have their own plans of taking control and at the last minute, Dooku tries to wipe Sidious out of the picture but obviously we know who wins that fight. I hope Yoda does in fact fight Dooku again but I don't want the fact that he can fight be drawn out too much. Don't get me wrong, I loved the fight in attack of the clones but let's not over do a good thing. I hope Sidious Kills Padme by means of electric shock in front of the new dark Anikan. This will give more meaning I think when Vader sees Luke on the 2nd Death Star beeing shocked to death... As for Jar Jar, I believe he will be serving in an office on Alderaan when it is later destroyed. That way, the fans are happy and the kiddies never saw it happen. :)
    LP

6. DeniedJedi

DeniedJedi Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Anakin continues his visit to palps. Palp helps Anakin feel better about the slaughter of the tuskens, then he tells Obi-wan about it and Obi-wan freaks on him... So Anakin tells Obi-wan to piss of basically and runs to Palp. Meanwhile Padme is starting to show signs of her pregnancy on her missions as a senate to other places... Anakin is then told she is killed on a mission (lets say Obi-wan restricts Anakin to go with her on this mission) and he gets pissed at Obi-wan cause now Anakin feels he has now failed twice. Again running to Palp, and Palp playing his strings bring Anakin to the dark side.... well this is what i think the basis is, however on my thoughts i have a crap more ideas about it but ill end it here....

=P

7. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    It was all summed up on Extra's special last night. They confirmed...

All the jedi die (except Ob1 and yoda)
    Anakin get's to wear the Vader suit and mask
    Lucas said its very tragic, which could mean Padme dies shortly after the twins birth.- Now there could be a plot hole, hence.

Liea: "I was very young when my mother died. She was always sad, very beautiful." (paraphrasing)

8. BrandonBa2

BrandonBa2 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    You Guys Are Forgeting The HUGE lightSaber Battle Taht Will Happen On Top Of A Volcano! When Anikin FALLS In And Obi Wan Pulls Him Out....Hence His Body....

9. Vrolokus

Vrolokus Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I thought Anakin would probably be looking to get some payback for his arm from Dooku, but I like the idea that Palpatine might do the honors. Besides, Anakin has to fight Obi, and I would imagine will fight Windu... so he might be too busy for Dooku.

I think it would be cool if Anakin gets Vaderized earlier than expected, and the last action sequence is of Padme and Obi escaping while Mace sacrifices himself to hold Vader off.

If Padme doesn't die, I think she should be dying - like injured, or sick, or grief-stricken. She's too much of a loose end to just let live and be mysteriously gone in the OT.

It seems like Anakin will have to either 1) blame the Jedi for Padme's death or 2) blame himself. Given what happened in AOTC, I wouldn't be surprised if it's #2, since that might feed more into Anakin's compulsion to become powerful (though witnessing how Dooku handled them could also be a reason Anakin is tempted).

I'm going to attempt a spoiler-free Episode 3 wait. Wish me luck...

gwh

10. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    I dont believe Mace will have anything to do with it.. I say Mace bites it at the hands of Boba Fett.. either in a group battle or sumthin.. not 1 on 1. Mace would whoop him in that case..

11. Vrolokus

May 20, 2002
    Indeed, Mace is a badass. But Anakin hasn't tapped into the Dark Side yet... even if he is the villain, he is VADER man! He's got to at least nail SOMEBODY in the movie, given that Obi will have to beat him. Taking out Mace would be a pretty impressive first act as Vader... and would make him seem far more dangerous. Otherwise, he just gets beat by Obi, has a lame duel in SW, plays with Luke in ESB, and gets his butt kicked again in ROTJ...

Vader in his prime, that's what I'm hoping for. Beaten by Obi, transforms and embraces the Dark Side, and puts every remaining Jedi on the run!

Is the kid who played Boba signed for Ep3?

12. Dvader20

Dvader20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    I read somwhere (now I forget where) but it said that Mace is actually working for Palpatine because he has become arrogant and wants teh head seat at the Jedi Council. I guess this is reinforced by Yoda saying to Obi/Mace - "even the older ones are arrogant now" (paraphrased). It is Mace who helps bring down the Jedi and then Vader backstabs him by doing him in.

Now I have to find out where I read that...

13. DarthFeldman

May 16, 2002
    Ya know Girard..

Thats an interesting concept..one I have not heard anywhere before..

I always thought KiAdi Mundi would have something to do with it.. but thats kinda out there now..

14. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I hope that at the end we hear that famous mechanical breathing. With James Earl Jones, uttering the words. What is thy bidding my Master?

15. BrandonBa2

BrandonBa2 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Is It Just Me Or Do You Guys Think It Will be Like a 3hr 30min movie Cause I Don't Think They Could Fit It Into 2hrs :-\

16. jm3eb

jm3eb Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    we will find out dooku is anikanss father

17. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    Hey guys, since the script hasn't been written yet, here is a link to a discussion that is incredible, and worth a read through, here

18. Vrolokus

May 20, 2002
    If Dooku or the Emperor or anyone is revealed to be Anakin's father, I'm going to have a fit...

19. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    Check out Imdb's plot outline for EPIII and see if you can catch any errors... Especially since the script hasn't even been written!

20. darth_leo

darth_leo Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    in the visual dictionary it says that mace's fighting style is similar to sith style, focusing on power. that got me thinking that mace might be a traitor, because someone mentioned something before about there being a possible traitor on the council. jedi aren't suppoed to have anything at all to do with sith techniques. then there's the issue with the sith holocron, which has all the lessons and teachings inside. only jedi at the highest levels know of it's existence. i'm assuming that the council knows of it, so it's possible that one of the members got a little too involved in it. i'm not sure if it's mace or not, but the traitor starts the purge. either way, the should have something about the holocron in the movie.

here's what should happen as far as the anakin/amidala theory: when padme gives birth, anakin should be already turned to the dark side. instead of having him bring the children along with him, she and obi-wan split them up. she leaves with bail to go to alderan with leia, and obi-wan takes luke to tatooine. when anakin finds out about this, he confronts obi-wan as he's leaving and they fight, and he falls into the lava pit, etc. padme dies from grief later on. game, set, match.

21. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    In other stories it is said that Yoda chases a Sith Lord to Dagoba and there defeats the Sith. I figure Yoda kills Count Dooku in the cave where Luke confronts his own anger. Yoda probably senses all that is going on and decides to hide by the lingering presence of the darkside left from Dooku. There he awaits for Luke to grow up.

22. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    something that kinda got me thinking about mace is just some of the bad looks he shoots anakin in TPM... then in AOTC when he finds dooku he puts his saber up to jango instead of dooku during the "this party's over!" line...

remember, only a jedi could have gotten into the archives and erased kamino from the charts...perhaps mace?

23. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    If I had to bet $ on anything Mace is a Sith Lord. Remember the look that he gives Yoda when Ob- informs him of a Master Siyfo-Dyas?- Something is up...

24. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah but remember, there can be only two? A master and an apprentice. If Mace is a Sith that would make him the third wheel.

And as far as someone turning out to be Anakin's father would certainly go over far better with me and a few others that I know rather than this immaculate conception idea proposed in Episode I. Who's to say Shimi wasn't forced? Emotional trauma is enough to block things from one's mind. Why not Shimi's encounter with...who? She never actually denied that Anakin was sired. She merely stated that there was no father not that he wasn't fathered. Qui Gon simply assumed it was a miraculous birth.

Just my two cents...

MJA

25. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    There can always be more than one master.

If anything, Anakin was a genetic creation of Sid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.