main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Episode 3 plot ideas? (possible SPOLIERS)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthFeldman, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Now that would be interesting...making Luke and Leia his grand kids of sorts.

MJA

2. Vrolokus

Vrolokus Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I like the idea that Anakin was "fathered" by the Force itself... but then again, I'm a "Campbellian", and the idea that Anakin is the product of a virgin birth lends a lot to the messianic imagery surrounding him. But the main reason I am opposed to a Sith being his father is that it is just silly, taking ESB into account. Not only would it reduce the impact of Vader's revelation to Luke, but it becomes so soap opera-ish.

Palpatine: "Anakin, none of the other Jedi understand you like I do, because... *I* am your father!"

Anakin: "What!?"

(Enter Yoda)

Yoda: "And known, you should have, that you couldn't fool me forever, Sidious... for your father AM I!"

Palpatine: "What!?"

(Enter Jabba the Hutt)

Jabba (in Huttese, subtitled): "I will not have my grandchildren fighting like this! There will be a big spanking for all of you if you don't let your mother and I get some sleep!"

Anakin, Palpatine, and Yoda in unison: "Sorry, Pa."

Also, just because a Jedi deleted the files, that doesn't mean it had to be Mace... Dooku was a Jedi, and I'm willing to bet Master Sifo-Dyas (a Jedi) and Palpatine are the same person, so he could have edited the files too. (I know, I know: if Sifo-Dyas is Palpatine, why don't they recognize him? I dunno. But the knowing, concerned look Yoda and Mace share when Sifo is mentioned makes me think that it will come up again).

I think Mace is a good character and he will die as a hero, despite the admittedly weird vibes he seems to give off.

What still bothers me is what someone else mentioned: it seems like a LOT has to happen in Ep3. How does Leia remember her mother but Anakin doesn't know he has a daughter? Does Anakin know he has ANY kids at all? And I really think Padme has to die in 3! It's all making my head hurt. ;)

gwh

3. Vrolokus

Vrolokus Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    PS

As for how Anakin will turn... I think there are two solid possibilities:

1) A scene that parallels ROTJ, with Anakin exacting some revenge on Dooku before Palpatine... but unlike Luke, Anakin takes the bait: he slays Dooku and takes his place at the Emperor's side. The rest goes downhill from there.

2) The Padme factor. George Lucas spent a lot of time in AOTC showing how Anakin's love (fixation) on Padme clouds his judgment. His preoccupation with death and not being able to prevent it seems a weakness too. If she died, that would send him spinning like a top. If he thought the Jedi were somehow responsible (inadvertantly or not), he'll be going after them. If *he himself* was responsible, he might be especially prone to fall to his darker nature.

The only problem with the above is the twins. Anakin, from watching the old trilogy, did not know he had any kids. Did he leave before they were born? Did he think they were dead? In any case, the fact Luke has a sister seems a total surprise to him. If Anakin witnesses Padme's death, then obviously the twins must already be born, and it seems he would know about it.

Maybe he is led to believe Padme is dead, when she goes into hiding from him? He goes berserk, attacks Obi-Wan... she dies later?

I have to say, the whole Padme issue is the most confusing element of the next movie... I have no idea how it will work and be consistent with the old trilogy! Thoughts?

gwh

4. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Just to throw more fuel on the fire so to speak, I was reading one of the original script postings for AOTC. In it Obi Wan doesn't recognize the name of Sifo Dyas, in fact he calls him Sido-Dyas..which is strangely close to Sidious with some phonetic alteration. I wonder if this is what Lucas intended it to be. It just got changed on a rewrite for reasons we don't know.

MJA

5. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I was just thinking wouldn't it be neat if Boba and Mace fought and the fight ended with Boba "disintegrating" Mace with some new weapon? Hence DV's "no disintegrations" line in TESB. Also explains the death of one of the most powerful Jedi.

6. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I really think im gonna gowith the Mace theory. He seems a little shady to me. I have also heard stuff about Qui-gon possibly working for Dooku. WHich would make sense considering Qui-gon is Dooku's former apprentence. I dunno...

7. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    How old will Boba be in the next one? I doubt we will see much of him.

8. DARTH_SIEGEOUS

DARTH_SIEGEOUS Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Maybe the Empire starts to use the Wookies as slave labor and there is an all out revolt of 1000's of Wookies kicking the clonetrooper/stormtroopers buts the way it was meant to be. Chewy might even be involved. Don't Wookies have long lifespans?

9. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    In case anyone didn't catch the front page;

Lucas Comments on EP3
    Thu, Jun 06, 02 07:15:09 PM EDT

wild_karrde alerts us to the following:

Just saw a *very* brief comment by George Lucas on Entertainment Tonight about Episode 3. He said that the (highlight to read) Clone Wars would end at the beginning of the film, and it would then become very small and personal. Looks like the big battle will be at the beginning, (end spoiler) like in ESB."

Also, IMDB.COM Has listed Hugh Jackman in the movie. I remember it was a rumor, not official, I dunno where they get this stuff. ;)

10. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Oh, yea. Found this at the OS

This is Vader's profile, and bascially tells the story of what will happen in EPIII.

Skywalker was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Fueled by rage and discontent with the pace of Obi-Wan's training, Anakin challenged his master to a duel. Despite newfound power bestowed by the dark side of the Force, which added to his already formidable abilities, Anakin was grievously wounded in the fight. His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal. He abandoned his former identity. When metal coupled with flesh in the form of cyborg implants and enhancements required to sustain him, Skywalker's transformation was complete. He was no longer Anakin. He was Darth Vader.

At the time of his transformation, Vader never knew he was due to be the father of twins. Obi-Wan Kenobi hid the children from the Dark Lord and Vader's master, Emperor Palpatine. Vader somehow discovered that he had a son, Luke Skywalker, but never suspected he had a daughter, Leia, who was secretly taken to be raised by Bail Organa, Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan.

In the chaos that accompanied Palpatine's rise to power, Vader became one of the Emperor's most loyal servants. The Emperor entrusted him with the elimination of the Jedi Knights. During these dark times, Vader and his agents destroyed the Jedi order.

11. MrMovieMan

MrMovieMan Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    If there was some way that Palp is Anakin's father that would be interesting (although why would he be slumming on Tatooine to sleep with Shmi?) If that were the case then I think that would make the scene in ROTJ all the more powerful when the Emperor is nailing Luke with lightning and Vader kills the Emperor. It's Anakin having to choose between destroying his father (the Emperor) or his son (Luke).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.