main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome! The Donald here... er Tallon Kaardgamer, rather. You are all my apprentices! Heh heh! :D

Your job is to take a personal donation from my vast fortune and use a $50 budget to create lot of buzz about the Fan Force and Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

The final location is going to be Crossroads 20 in Cary for the midnight premiere, but your ideas need not be only on May 19, nor should events only be at Crossroads.

Can we get celebrities, local or otherwise? What events would you like to see? How would you best use your talents and contacts? Use your imagination and come up with some ideas.

A given ground rule: I expect the Carolina 501st and the Shadow Players live stage swordfighting troupe to be there for the midnight event.

Discuss your best buzz ideas. Good luck. You're hired!

The Donald
    er...
    Tallon

2. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I plan to be there as a TK or whatever I have else by then. If I am a TK I'll be taking it off the armor in time for the movie..

Robby

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Here's what I have in mind in the grand scale after brainstorming with myself. I've not talked with anybody on this ;) this is just spouting off.

Week 1.
    Star Wars gaming day - All Fun and Games, Cary.
    Entry fee $5 per game or $25 all day.
    Funds go to All Fun and Games. Play SW Trivial Pursuit, Risk, Monopoly, Electronic Battleship, SWCCG, SWTCG, SW miniatures, RPG.

Week 2.
    Star Wars discussion tracks. Borders, Cary.
    Entry fee : $5 to Borders perhaps free...
    1. Anakin Skywalker - Tragic hero or duped pawn?
    2. Star Wars vs Star Trek
    3. Stump the Emperor trivia contest

Week 3.
    Star Wars Prop building. Lowes or Home Depot, Cary.
    Entry fee: purchase materials - about $20 each.
    1. Blasters 11AM
    2. Lightsabers 1PM

Week 4.
    Star Wars Costume Coture - Handcock Fabrics, Cary.
    Entry fee : free, but encourage patrons to purchase material.
    Run by : ?
    How to build a Jedi costume
    How to build a

Week 5.
    Star Wars Collectable swap. - Toys r Us, Cary

Week 6
    Star Wars diorama displays contest - all Wake County Schools Art departments requested to get involved.

Week 7
    Revenge of the Sith week - May 19th
    Entry fee: $5 buy a special made patch, Ep3 line party
    Trivia Contest
    Costume contest
    501st trooping and fanforce trooping
    That's no problem, Robby, for AOTC all the troupers and fanforcers got in the movie for free. All 501st and fanforcers in costume will get in free with exclusive seating for midnight showing for ROTS.

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Don,

Those are great ideas! What about working with Toys for Tots this year? Or possibly going into schools to read to children? To support literacy?

That might be another idea.

I'm planning to get armor by next year so maybe have a few Armor Mod parties from now till next year.

-Janers

5. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I am loving your ideas, The Donald. I plan on being there with you guys for the line party and the big event. I hope I can show up for more, but that is up in the air right now.

6. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Phase 1: Steal underwear

Phase 2: ............

Phase 3: Profit!

Just kidding, I'll try to think of something to do.

7. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    all of that sounds great. The reason I wanna take off the armor after a few hours is because as many of you know I have bad ankles and it causes much pain to be standing for long periods of time. plus I wanna be able to see the movie in comfort lol.

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    No problem - Jim Epps and Felix did the same for the AOTC premiere.

We need a banner for the TTF. Any ideas on content?

Should we add Briar Creek Commons to the mix?

9. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Do we have some sort of logo for the TTF? That would be the logical centerpiece for a banner. We also need to agree on what colors to use. I will check with Sean here to see how much the Fandom Menace banner was. Ours has red, blue, and silver with our logo and name centered. It looks cool. Another suggestion would be for someone with computer skills to put together a really professional looking flyer. It is important for us to present a great image to recruit new members.

On another subject related to the premiere, I need suggestions for a new costume for my feline character Beenca Spunpatch. Please help me out, I am good with organizing and details, but I need a creative voice to spark an idea for me.

10. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    in my opinion it should be a lot of darker tones, to match the dark tone of the movie. No bright colors, as it isn't a very bright time in the Star Wars history.

11. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    These are great ideas! YOu can bet I'll be somewhere for a midnight release... I got to see Episode I for free by way of a raffel drawing and I saw Episode II in Canada at the Charity premiere 4 days early (Hayden's family took a whole row, I swear!)... I'm wondering what I could do unique this time!!

12. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Let me know where and when you are planning on doing the Costume Couture thing and Hancock Fabrics, and I may be able to help....

BTW, Costume Couture just so happens to be my costuming businesses name, so everyone of you that read Don's post and this one owes me a nickel. :p

Check out my web site in about 2 weeks once it has all the changes and updates added to it. http://www.costumec.com

13. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Great job on the website so far. Love the costumes.

Kevin

14. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Thanks! BTW, alex is going to be on there!

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I discussed with management at both Crossroads 20 and at Briar Creek Commons. Neither one wants to discuss getting into this plan until after the Christmas movie rush... and I don't blame them one bit! It a jungle out there! ;)

16. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting much but I'm taking some difficult classes this semester at State. Here's an update on what I've been doing in relation to Episode III Planning. This week I posted some of the ideas that Don and I discussed at Phantom of the Opera up at the 501st Carolina Boards. So far we got a few troopers interested so that front has been opened :) .

Don sorry about not posting in the CR boards this week again School has overwhelmed me a bit.

Anyways, I'll update again as soon as I can.

-Janers

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Crossroads's management team wants to get staff holidays and vacations out of the way and then by the end of this month, we should come up with ideas at a meeting with them.

18. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Don,

I had another thought, what if we did some more fundraising for Katie while we were trooping that night? I'm not sure if they will allow it but I think with the Episode III debut it would give us a good opportunity to raise money for Katie and her family with the 501st.

Just a thought,

Janers

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree that the theater event should be a ForKatie event. However I also stated sometime earlier that our chosen charity is the Carnivore Preservation Trust, therefore we need to target some lesser events during the year for that place, too.

20. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    It looks like theres a good chance I won't be around for the ep3 premiere :( . My start date at work I think will be May 16th (provided everything goes as planned) and they have told me they want me to be at the philadelphia conference that week which is an annual glaxo thing. We will be putting on a 2 hour data visualization lecture which I'll be hleping out with. Its actually really exciting at the same time I'm disappointed to miss out on something exciting like this.

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Dadgum! This is good that you've got a terrific job at GSK, Natalie! Bad for us that you'll miss the festivities, tho. We'll have to run a special festive one for the weekend just for you! ;)

22. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Fan Forcers! THIS IS IT!
    Crossroads 20 staff meeting for all those planning to be at the Episode III premiere event...

Thursday March 17
    Crossroads 20
    6PM

Pizza afterwards! We'll plan what we're doing, where our places will be and then execute!

23. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Don,

Do you want me to repost this to the 501st boards? I was thinking about calling Russell and letting him know so that way during the 501st Meeting at StellarCon Raleigh troopers will know.

I can't go this year because I'm short on funds and I'm kitty sitting for Chris and Natalie.

-Jane

24. JeepWithGuy

JeepWithGuy Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2003
    I have to work this Thursday, but what exactly
    is this event being planned?

25. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    I will not be able to make it either, but I may be able to help some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.