main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Don,

I have an idea that I wanted to bounce off you. I think I may try to have some demos of the Star Wars TCG and Miniatures around the time that Episode 3 comes out. I'm sure there will be some interest to Star Wars gaming around that time. I don't know if this is something we could promote at the midnight showing then have a demo at a local gaming store shortly after the time it comes out. Let me know what you think. Also, I am a Wizards Delegate now so I can get official demo stuff to have and hand out.

William

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I plan to be there if i can get my helmet and car on the road and all. I am very close to getting my car and license avaliable. Obviously I cannot come to the staff meeting but I plan to be there.

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Meeting tonight is to plan all the events to be held indoors and outdoors at Crossroads.

So far, what we have planned are
    1. Trivia contest
    2. Costume contest
    3. 501st guys in costume
    4. us fan force guys optionally in rebel costume
    5. ForKatie.org charitable cause, upsidedown buckets for intermittent collection
    6. Audio advice with 11 foot screen showing ep 2.
    7. I'm doing how to build your own lightsabers bases.
    8. We need people not involved with anything above to man a fanforce tables to get membership.

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    From Tonight:

*****Please Note that Some of this is Subject to Change!!!******

Alright, tenatively, the meeting time for all of us is set for 6pm May 18th. It could be moved up or moved back as it moves closer to May. At Crossroads 20 in Cary.

Inside the Lobby:

1. 1 501st Table, 1 Fan Force Table to display flyers and promote the two club organizations. Flyers/Buttons, etc. We need people to man these!

2. Trivia Contest- So far this is an interact with the crowd thing. There has been an idea for a raffle for three prizes for those who don't get a question right and for those who get questions right, they would recieve cards or stickers from people working the line. This can also be an outside thing*

3. Lightsaber Table- Interactive Lightsaber Making table. Or a Lightsaber workshop to build lightsabers.

4. At least 1 Gaming Table to run SW Minatures/SW TCG.

5. Possible Hasbro Table to give out Freebies or samples from Hasbro.

Outside/Front of Theater:

6. 501st/Rebel Legion/Fan Force Costumers: Working with the crowd and interacting with them.

7. Costume Contest- The Details of this are still being worked out, more information to come as it develops.

8. ForKatie Bucket Drive- This is to help raise money for Katie Johnson. This is pending approval from Crossroads.

9. Shadow Players- We would like to get them again for Episode III, since they were there for Episode II, we will see. This is also pending.

Other Info:

Brad and Don are currently working on our new website which should be up very soon! Anyone with ideas is advised to chime in!

T-Shirt Design-

We are currently working on a design for T-Shirts for Fan Forcers who won't be wearing a costume but will be actively helping out with the events to wear. If you have any design ideas please IM myself and I'll e-mail them to Brad. I currently have a few design ideas with the Fan Force Name but new ones are always welcome. We need to get these done ASAP to send them off to be printed out!

Episode III Screening-

I think I'll let Don post about this but right now as it stands, Any Fan Forcer in/out of costume who actively helps out and participates gets in to see a Free Screening of Episode III. This also goes for the 501st as well.

Greenville Troopers:

I have a spare couch and plenty of room at the apartment to crash or store armor bins. Just let me know ahead of time. :) This also goes for Jacksonville People as well as Kinston People. :)

Don I think that's everything, but feel free to make any corrections necessary. Let me know what else I can do.

-Janers

Your Friendly Neighborhood Public Relations Director

5. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Jane,

Was much talked about about the gaming table/tables? I sent Don an e-mail yesterday after posting but I haven't heard back from him yet. Let me know what you all talked about. If I end up running demos, I may be able to get official support from Wizards.

Thanks,

William

6. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    William,

I arrived late yesterday to the meeting so I didn't get the full story. However, from what I've been hearing they are interested in having you run Minature Demos or a Mini-Tourney. Don't quote me on that but they are interested in a gaming table.

-Jane

7. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    new information. I paid off my bank loan finally so I should be able to get my car ready to go as soon as my taxes get back. YAY!! BUT....my classes begin the 19th, so I'm gonna be in an akward position...I can drive after class (i should be setting up my classes to get out about 2:30 or 3) so I can come after that and still have plenty of time to troop. BUT, the next day is gonna be very difficult going to class at 8am after having 4 hours of sleep, or by missing class that day. so I may haveta take the responsible approach and not go...unless, i dont have classes on friday, but i have no idea. ill post later when i register.

8. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, I've asked Wizards if I can get convention support for demos that day. If not, we may just want to have a display of cards and miniatures from RotS. Brad and I talked about it briefly yesterday, but I'm waiting to see what they say. I plan on having an off site demo too around the release date.

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    If you can pull off a demo the weekend of May 14th, that would be cool. Ebay has a bunch of commons for around $5

10. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey, I was just thinking that if we could get a small TV and DVD player and access to an outlet of some sort maybe we could play the Clone Wars DVD at the Fan Force table. That could generate some interest and at least get people to pass by our table to see what we are playing on the TV. Just a thought.

11. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Isn't the 14th the weekend before the release? I think it might be more difficult to promote that weekend than a later weekend since the release hadn't occured yet. Any promotion ideas? I'm probably going to try to do a TCG demo in April sometime since it's the demo of the month for April.

12. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    im confused here. I thought for like 3 months now this all was going to be thursday night may 19th and then a midnight showing right as it turns into friday. now i find out its wednesday we're trooping for a midnight showing right as it turns into thursday and the other. what is the deal?

13. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    Update: I should be able to come after all as I wont be going to school until fall. I filled out the wrong fasfa form. Oh well, at least I was able to get aid so that's good. As long as I can get my car and license and all taken care of in the next few weeks I'll be there with my armor :)

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've created a Cafepress TTF tshirt shop.

http://www.cafepress.com/starwarsttf

I urge those who are working with me on the planning activities, and not being in costume to get at least a Triangle Trade Federation golf shirt.

15. LiamBESTJedi

LiamBESTJedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    Hey Don,
    This is Ashley, we met at Home Depot a few days ago...I had the ROTS sweatshirt on.

Well I did what you told me to, and I'm here...but I'm unsure what to do next. Are yall going to have any meetings soon so I can meet up with everyone?

Thanks
    ~Ashley--The star wars geek

16. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey Ashley! Welcome! Hey everyone this is Ashley and she's another Star Wars Fan! Please Ashley tell us a little about yourself, tell everyone about how you got to love Star Wars, what's your favorite movie, and what's your favorite line or quote, and your favorite collectible, k? Thanks!

I'll post April 2nd activities in a separate thread!

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    We are still waiting for final approval from Consolidated corporate on our events...I'm hoping things will be finalized this week.

18. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Episode III is almost here!! I can feel the excitment!!!

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    If I don't get a confirmation by Monday that Crossroads is with us, I'm moving our events to Briar Creek.

20. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    Tallon:

I was our at Crossroads 20 today to see Sin City. I ran into the manager we talked to that night. He said that the GM has not had time to review and approve the festivities. He said he will leave a note, so you might not get a response by Monday. You might want to go ahead and talk with Briar Creek. We need to get approval ASAP from either theatre so we can get the word out.

Bodo Janx

21. Cerasi05

Cerasi05 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Hey everyone.

A few friends and I were at the IMAX showing of AotC on the first night back in November of '02 (thanks to everyone who put that all together, that was awesome!!)

Anyways, a group of my friends and I have been planning on going to the midnight showing of RotS for almost a year now, so I thought I'd check up on what's going on with you guys. So far, I believe our group will be about 10 people, with a few of us die hards will be in Jedi costumes.

Just curious if there is anything that we might need to do to help out, or whatever?

22. CarolinaVader

CarolinaVader Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Don,

this is jim from the 501st..

check your email ASAP and call me.

thanks

23. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Don,

Are we still on for Crossroads or is it now at Brier Creek? I'm confused...
    -Janers

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    All fan activities have been officially moved to Briar Creek Commons theaters due to insufficient support for our event at Crossroads. Jim Epps from the 501st has confirmed an ok for 501st costuming from Briar Creek management, and I thank Jim so much for spearheading the drive.

Luscasfilm has expressly denied any complimentary tickets, so there will be NO free movie tickets for management to give out.

I will make the club official offer to be in the big 60 foot screen with full Dolby Digital sound.

Tickets will be sold for the mindnight show starting next Wednesday.

To ensure a block of tickets I need to know how mnay of you are planning to be there. I am going to do the same thing I did for Trilogy Tuesday for Return of the King. I intend to stay overnight on the steps of Briar Creek and purchase all tickets in a block for Theater 6, the one with the largest screen and dolby digital sound.

Please give me a roll call of who at the club can be there with me. If you want me to purchase your ticket send me $8.50 to my pay pal account which is donsters@hotmail.com, and I will work with Daniel Tyson to buy them in a block.

25. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    I'll be there.....I'll paypal you the money soon.

William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.