Abq Episode 3 smashes 1-day box office total.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jango_junkie, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/Episode_III_Smashes_1Day_Box_Office_Total_92701.asp

I am so happy that this movie has done so well! Even my anti-Star Wars friends saw it and liked it. It will blow away every movie this summer. I feel sorry for the Batman Marketing campaign because they have alot to compete with.
  2. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Yeah, I reported on that in the Discussion thread.

Talk about a LOT of money!
  3. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry Bob about getting in line with everybody at Cottonwood!!!! But yeah, get way to start the summer.
  4. Jaina Byrd Force Ghost

star 4
    As we say in the starfighter drafts...

BOOM!
  5. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I hope it beats Titanic. What a steaming piece of crap Titanic was.
  6. obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I never saw Titanic, and it's on my ' I'm never going to see' list.
  7. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Good for you. I wish I could have that 3 hours of my life back
  8. skirge5 Jedi Knight

I thought titanic was more than three hours. But then again, time slows down during times of intense discomfort. That and Pearl Harbor are two of my least favorite movies.
  9. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    the only things worth seeing in either films are the disasters because they were really well done. When the titanic went down and the harbor was bombed - only parts totally worth seeing
  10. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. Each one of those movies should have been about 30 minutes long
  11. KidPlagueis Jedi Padawan

Now ROTS.....that could've taken the time wasted in the two movies above and put it to good use. Like the wookies, I wanted to see more wookie action!!! Oh well though... :)
  12. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    even when the action scenes in Titanic were good, Jack Dawson screwed up everything because he had the girls crying while watching. Movie was way toooooooooo long. Pearl Harbor, I thought it was like Saving Private Ryan when I rented it. It was Horrible!!! Hard-core chick flick. Mad me so mad, that was back in the day when I used to rent off of Netflix.
  13. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Always the Deleted scenes. That is when you might get your bonus Wookiee stuff.
  14. black_8ight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Titanic sucked, the only thing that saved that sad piece of crap was Billy Zane. If only he had been in Star Wars [face_thinking]
  15. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Peter you're right. He could have been Bail Organa, or Captain Antilles, or hell maybe even Obi-Wan.
  16. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    At least Titanic had the "art" scene to placate the men who had to watch it.
  17. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked Titanic! [face_hypnotized] I enjoyed it from a historical point of view. Actually...I enjoy looking at sunkin vessels! "SINK THE BISMARK!"
  18. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    It was a sappy movie. That said, it was entertaining. I liked it.

Hey, Billy Zane was in it. He can make just about any movie good.

19. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    my friend showed me this site, that shows the top grossing films of all times with teh gross adjusted for inflation - look at whats #2:

High Gross Films

AOTC isn't even on the list but hte other ones are
  20. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Funny that Smokey and the Bandit is #60 and is way low compared to Star Wars (1977). These two were released on the same time and it was believed that Smokey would kill Star Wars in the box office. Guess not!
  21. KidPlagueis Jedi Padawan

speaking of deleted scenes....Mon Mothman had an action figure and pictures and an actress and everything, what's up with that? Deleted scene I'm assuming?
  22. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm guessing the same thing. That is a good Question.
  23. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    and to think Burt Reynolds could of been Han Solo!

she is in the film - in the crowd that greets palpy at the beginning, she is in the back.

at least she made it onto the screen. There are figs for Shaak Ti - I know a deleted scenes, there are pics in the making of book - Luminara and Barris but they are never even on the screen!

24. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Funny I brought up Smokey and the Bandit, it is on AMC right now. The next time that I see Episode 3, I will look for her. When I was watching that scene, I was looking for the Falcon and found it. I was so happy that I did not pay attention to the senators.
  25. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess that makes sense, cause I was looking for her and missed the Falcon... I was upset there wasn't more of her. I know there was a scene cut out with her and Padme.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.