main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Episode 3 speculation - Spoiler Free

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    Basically, unless the first time we see a Clone(Storm) Trooper appear in his new armour, and the film pauses while George himself walks onto screen and pints at them saying "These are the stormtroopers, they were always supposed to be clones, just deal!" The whole thing about how much on the mark EU writers are will continue to be debated ad nauseam.

I think it's cool if you know of an Eu character and you see them on screen, but I really hope George pulls a good story out this time instead of just trying to wrench money from fanboy pockets.

2. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    When you break down AotC, and try and look at it from a different view, it actually holds a lot of stuff in it. Damn it, I swear I put that link in my favourites..
    apparently not.
    I read this paper written about it, and how it draws from classic mythology, similarly to how GL did with the OT. It proved a lot of points which add to the depth of the film which are easy to overlook... blasted thing, I wish I could find the link!!! :mad:

Edit:

I knew I had it! [face_blush]

Found it!

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I remember a few years back I was on a forum chatting with Ann Crispin (who wrote the Han Solo trilogy). She mentioned that she was specifically told not to write anything about the time Han spent at the imerial academy. I assumed that was because it would be in the prequels.

4. MisFitToy

Jan 5, 2003
    That could very well have been the thinking at the time. Plans for film change though.

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Something else just occurred to me. When Luke fights Vader in ESB, he's using Vader's old light saber. I think that may be why Vader commented on him having made his own in ROTJ.
    In AOTC, Anakin's light saber gets sliced up. Perhaps in Ep3 we'll see him using or even making the same one that Obi-wan passed on to Luke.

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    One of my xmas presents answered that question for me ;)

7. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    While I regognise the prezzie you got (and you know full well that I want badly!!) it isn't Luke's from ANH....

There seems to be 1 missing prop that we are yet to see...

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Dude, I know it's not Luke's, gimme more credit than that! :p
    What I'm saying is, let's think about what that prop actually is, consider that it's the stunt/fighting version. and then look at Steve's speculation again ;)

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I take it the prop in question has spoiler info. :p

10. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Sorry for pointing out the blatently obvious Sith........ it was a late night brain fart..... :p

11. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    On Hyperspace there is some pictures of Anakin with Vaders lightsabre :) its pretty cool actually.. and fark he looks evol! i cant wait

12. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Figured as much Dan ;)
    I best not elaborate here for the spoiler free ppl :)

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Ok, if you look down at the news links on the bottom of the page, you'll find this link to a news story regarding some voice acting for the Clone Wars cartoons and Episode 3 characters.
    The character that John Dimaggio is voicing is interesting, but I just can't see Bender from Futurama doing this role :)

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've got the first 10 episodes. Have any more aired yet or does anyone know when they will?

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Thought you all might get a laugh out of this comic I found in my wanderings :)

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    :D

I like that. Reminds me of the Southpark episode where they're all annoyed at directors who go back and change their films.

17. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    soneil: I was just browsing around and came across this bit of info that answers you above question....

"The ten new episodes of the "Star Wars: Clone Wars" micro-series begin on Friday, March 26. They will be available online to the official site's Hyperspace subscribers in high quality with optional exclusive audio commentary from creator Genndy Tartakovsky."

And apparantly thats all they are making.....20 episodes in all.... bummer.

DS

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    They're each pretty short too. Only about 10 or 15 minutes each.

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Not even dude, I have the first season and they run max of 4 minutes each.

20. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    movie poster Count as a spoiler? if so, dont look.. Dont know how long its been out, I only just saw it

21. MisFitToy

Jan 5, 2003
    I saw that in the spoiler boards, apparently it's a fan made poster, but the maker claims he saw it on a wall at ILM (no explanation was given for his being there) and he reproduced it from memory.
    So, it could be real and it couldn't be, seems to fit with the other teaser posters though.

22. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Nice poster, pity about the film...

23. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Dude, you can't say that yet, as far as we know it could be the best out of all six..... I know its unlikely (I mean how could it be, look at "Empire", but me the eternal optimist) but no judging until we have seen th3e finished product, please.....

DS

24. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I know the story line, characters, have spoken to ppl involved.

Expect no better this time around. Please.

SM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.