Episode 3 spoiler rules?

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by PADA-1, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since the next 26 months,(sounds better than 2+ years)are going to be ripe with spoilers for Ep3 I was wondering if we should talk about them on the boards or would everyone prefer to leave them alone? I tried to remain spoiler free so far but I just read some juicy stuff at SW.com and am dying to talk about it.Maybe for those who want to talk spoilers we could put a big all CAPS warning on the subject matter?
  2. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    It is against TFN rules to openly talk about spoilers, but I am gonna go ahead and make a compromise for this Fellowship. Pada-1, go ahead and post a topic in CAPITAL letters saying EPISODE 3 SPOILERS, that way those who wish to discuss spoilers can go ahead and those who don't want to know anything don't have to look. That way everybody is happy, Just make sure that you don't mention anything about Episode 3 spoilers in any other thread or forum other than the designated one. :)
  3. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just thought I'd bump this thread seeing how I visited another city forum and was spoiled by the first post on the page. PLEASE follow a few simple guidelines.

1. Don't put the spoiler in the title.

2. Mark the Title with SPOILER so those who want to avoid them can.

Thanks, that is all.
  5. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just a tip if you don't want to be spoiled. AVOID the Cincy board. It's in plain sight in the title.
  6. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, and I'm pretty pissed off about it!!!
  7. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't looked at the Cincy boards but I assume your talking about the news posted at Stare Wars.com today?
  8. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeap. Although I wouldn't personally know as I don't goo to that site.
  9. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    TF.N's policy is that anything on the Official Site is no longer a spoiler. Forum wise, spoilers are only to be talked about in the Spoiler forum.

My view, however, is that clubs like to talk about things amoungst themselves without 1000s of users saying a topic is redundant or whatever...so, I've been granting each forum a single thread for any and all Episode 3 discussions about spoilers and news. Everything outside of that thread will be closed and edited so those who want to be non-spoiled can remain so.

Or, if you want to me to enforce a no Ep3 discussion policy here, that's fine...Other Midwest FF forums have Official Ep3 threads, so it could be done on one of those. It's totally up to you guys.

Stuff is starting to trickle in, so I'm glad to see you guys talking about this before anything major comes to light.
  10. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.