main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 Spoiler thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    This thread is for those of us(like me) who are to weak to resist the temptation of spoilers. No plot point is out of bounds. So let the spoilers fly...

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Sidious = Palpatine!

*runs away* :p

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    So let's talk about the fact that Chewbacca will be in the movie in some way. I'm thrilled by the news as I have never forgiven Lucasfilm for allowing him to be killed of in the E.U.

4. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    With the stuff that has been going on in the EU, its a wonder that all of the main characters aren't dead. Someone had to go or it just wouldn't seem right.

5. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Should be very cool to see Chewie there. I wonder how he will be shown? A prominent character? Or more background?

Will he be a slave at this point? I don't think he would...

6. azn_halcyon

azn_halcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    Well, according to Galactick Battlegrounds, he was some Wookie named Attichituk's son...

7. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    ok, rumors say there will be a EU character added to the film.Anyone have any idea who this could be? My first thought was Thrawn.I'm not a big fan of the books but if their gonna throw an EU character in who better than him?

Then I heard another rumor that Nute Gunray has new bodyguards in EPIII.Wouldnt it be cool if they were Noghri? There is supposed to be some real hideious looking bad guys i this film.And from what I remember of them, their some very ugly species.

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Does anyone here have a subscription to Hyperspace? I've noticed that they are starting to show more updated pics of the characters during different scenes in the movie. I'm not asking you to share any of the pictures that are up there, I'm just looking for a little insight into how they look.

9. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I wish I had Hyperspace :(

I wanna see! :D
    but a good description would be cool to ;)

10. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Hyperspace?

I stopped getting Insider a while back. I should probably renew by subiscription, I just don't have time to read it.

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm in Hyperspace :) What kinda dirt you looking for? They recently posted an awesome pic of Anakin holding a saber that looks extremely similar the Vader's.

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm curious about a couple of things. There was an article posted last week or so about a pic of Darth Sidious' lightsaber being shown on Hyperspace. Then there were (I think) more pics of a battle-worn Anakin. Like I said earlier, I'm not looking for any freebies that might get you in trouble, just looking for some insight as to what they look like and/or what they might tell about the character.

13. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    In the saber pic, someone is still constructing it. You can see it's mostly finished. It has the sleek prequel saber look to it.
    The Anakin shot, he's lookin like he had a rough day. He also sporting a Vader-ish looking gauntlet over his mechanical hand. He has scar about 3" that goes from his outside of his right eyebrow up toward his forehead.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks for the info! I'm starting to think that I just might have to sign up for Hyperspace after all. Sounds like it's worth it.

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    At first, I thought "Uncle George is milking us for more money and I'll get to see it all eventually"
    * Well, it's $20/year. When you work it out per day (or even month) it's not a lot.
    * I'd say 95% of the stuff I've seen on Hyperspace has not been made public yet! There are some great behind the scenes photos from both trilogies. I've seen lots from the OT that I'd never seen before. And believe me when I say I've seen a lot!
    * The on-going web documentary on Ep3 is great! Usually it's a one page description of something that's being done that day and maybe a couple of photos. Not too heavy on the spoilers.
    A tidbit: The day Chewie first walked on set Sam Jackson gave him a Wookiee holla and Peter holla'd right back at him! How cool is that? LOL

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    That is pretty cool! It seems that of the big name actors that have become a part of the SW universe, Sam Jackson seems to be having the most fun.

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Who wouldn't be? LOL It's like being a kid all over again except this time you're not playing with toys.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I know that I sure would be. I'd love to be able to help the actors practice their saber combat moves. There's a great pic of Ewan and Hayden really going at it on the practice mat in the new edition of Insider magazine.

19. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Ok. I know one of you guys must have gotten this new footage leaked on the net. If you do please give me a link or something. I'm going crazy looking for it!!!

No need to post it here, a PM will do nicely ;)

20. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm still looking for it myself. But if anyone finds it could they please PM it to me aswell?

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Anyone have an opinion on this Greviuos(sp?) dude?

At first I thought,"Oh man, wtf is he thinking?". Then I saw the Clone Wars image. At first I hated it.Then remembered its only a cartoon, and it grew on me. Then I saw that pic going around from the Insider cover and now I'm not sure. He looks pretty cool,I guess,but can ILM deliver on this. I mean, they do some amazing stuff over there, but this guy is gonna be a key role in the movie.

thoughts, opinions?

22. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    He's a visual appealing character,no doubt. I just think that there should have just been the same two main villans until Anakin turns to the darkside.

I think it would be much more powerful if Darth Maul had not only killed Qui-Gon but also took Anakin's arm.

I think it would also be more emotional for Obi-Wan to have his Master killed by Maul and then have his very own Padawan replace Maul as Darth Sidious' apprentice. He took Anakin as his apprentice because Qui-Gon made him promise to.

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, I can see your point.Maul definately should've had more screentime thruout the entie PT.But, I kinda like the Dooku character.Arrogance and style all roled into one.

But greivious(sp?) isnt a sith lord,from what we know so far he has no force powers at all,unless you include using a saber(or 4) but that can be programmed into a droid.

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I don't know if he's a Force user or not.However he's not a Droid.I'm pretty sure he's an alien with cybernetic enhancements.

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Unless I've missed something. Everything I've read so far says he's mostly droid. His brain and eyes are all thats left of whatever alien species he is supposed to be.

Think this is a prototype Vader-ish thing? ("More machine than Man")

I think if it is it may take away from the whole Vader thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.