main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3 Spoiler thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    The Vader-ish-ness comes about out of necessity. He can't live without the armor. From what I've read on GG, he's chosen to make himself like this.
    As for ILM being able to pull him off? No sweat. All the armored clones in AOTC are CGI, so I don't think this will be a huge thing for them.
    I would have liked to seen Asajj Ventress make an appearance on film. I'm assuming she's gong to get whacked by the end of Clone Wars.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    There's a great 360 degree panoramic view of the General on SW.com. It's not that big but it's still a great shot.

3. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just read the new diary entry on Hyperspace. Lots of great info on the opening space battle sequence:

* Coruscant is the backdrop!
    * Approx 5000 capital ships!
    * a new "tri-fighter" ship

4. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    You know whoever mentioned that idea about MAul surviving and cutting off anakin's arm has an interesting idea there. It would make the situation a lot more complex for obi-wan and anakin if darth maul was involved in taking away anakin as well as qui-gon from obiwan....interesting indeed!

5. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    My opinion is that Hyperspace is a ripoff! Besides, other websites will post the pics

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    My opinion is that Hyperspace is a ripoff! Besides, other websites will post the pics

Sure they will. As long as they don't mind being swarmed by LFL LegalTroopers ordering them to remove the pics or be sued.

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Even TOS hasn't been posting a lot of the Hyperspace content for non-subscribers, which is kinda shocking to me. I thought they'd at least post the stuff at a later date.
    They've had some great behind the scenes photos that even I haven't seen anywhere before, and I've seen quite a lot ;) And there's been some awesome Ep3 stuff too. Now you're pretty much required to subscribe if you want to be in the Fan Club.

8. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hyperspace has a little shot of Obi-Wan and Yoda talking aboard Bail Organa's Tantive IV!!
    There's also a 360 shot of one of the corridors.

9. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Considering that this is the spoiler thread, I have some new spoiler things for people who would like to see them...
    ...POSTERS!!!! :)
    ~These are a description of the three posters found on the force.net at this link :
    #1 is the now classic upcoming toy packaging. A retro almost cartoonish Vader overlooks lava. You can see the reflection of two Jedi batting in his helmet.
    #2 is a shot of the two Jedi battling it out in the bottom left corner and Vader looking over them. This is in more of a painted style of artwork.
    #3 is a shot of Vader from below, his cape waving in the wind and red lightsaber ignited. Another lava explosion fills the background.
    ~Pictures of the posters can be found at the following links:
    Poster #1
    Poster #2
    Poster #3
    ~I hope that you enjoy these promo posters! :)

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I heard an awful rumor about RotS from a friend.

**********SPOILER***********

To escape Yoda rolls in mud and hides onto a wookie to escape being killed.
    That sounds so lame. :mad:

I think that is how it went anyway.
    I then drowned my sorrow of this on beverages.

11. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I read that same rumor last week in another forum. That same rumor also said that Yoda starts in with his "simplton act" that he used on Luke in ESB to fool the Clonetroopers trying to kill him. Right now I'm inclined to think it's nothing more than a rumor.

12. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, that particular rumor doesn't sound very credible. A lot of the details that have accompanied the rumor conflict with things we already know about the movie, so I'm not too worried about it. A scene like that has the potential to be funny or really really bad, and being familiar with George Lucas's style of directing in the prequels, it would probably turn out to be the latter. :p

13. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    you forgot the part where he farts. Hopefully that part wont be true. but him acting all simple-like,like he did in ESB could be pretty cool. If done right.

14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Ok, I probably could've started a new thread for this. But didnt want the "Non-Spoiler" people getting mad.

In the game Battle Front (awesome BTW), there is a planet called Rhen Var. Is this in RotS? I dont recall ever hearing the planet name before.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I don't know if it's in ROTS, but it's not a new planet. I just looked this snippet up in the starwars.com databank:

"Ulic, powerless, dropped from sight. He fled from his pasts and went into hiding. For a decade, he wandered, lost in his thoughts, his grief, and his guilt. A decade later, keeping his identity secret, Ulic hired transport from a down-on-his luck spacer named Hoggon. Hoggon delivered Ulic to the scorched jungles of Yavin 4, the site of Exar Kun's final defeat. There were too many spirits there to haunt Ulic, too many painful memories. He sought somewhere even more isolated.

Hoggon brought Qel-Droma to the frigid planet of Rhen Var, a world slowly emerging from the grips of an ice age. Ulic chose to live in an abandoned fortress atop an icy mountain. On a walk around the castle, Ulic fell into an ice cave-in. He lay still for hours, ready for his life to leave him. But it didn't. He imagined the spirits of those slain -- either by his hands or the hands of his accomplices. He saw visions of Cay, and Master Arca, but if they were the product of the Force or a dying mind, he knew not. Although cut off from the Force, Ulic still possessed his great inner strength. He willed himself to live, though he knew not why."

And also, from the Clone Wars game:

"In a surprising move, the Separatists attack the remote world of Rhen Var. As the Jedi soon discover, it is the first step in a Confederacy plot to assemble an ancient Sith weapon of mass annihilation -- the Dark Reaper. Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi lead their forces on the scattered battlefronts of Rhen Var, Raxus Prime, Alaris Prime and Thule to stop Count Dooku's scheme."

And from Star Wars Battlefront's official site:

"The frozen wasteland of Rhen Var was once a fertile paradise, but an atmospheric cataclysm devastated the planet's ecosystem millennia ago. Now prone to blizzards and ice falls, the landscape consists of icy plains, tundra, and glacier carved mountains. Long ago, the ancient Jedi built monuments that are now buried beneath the ice. Snow covered passages throughout the frozen wasteland allow forces to move quickly or succumb to a cold icy conclusion."

Probably way more info than you wanted, but hey, I'm bored at work. :p

Thanks for posting this in the spoiler thread by the way - definitely the right thing to do when you're unsure about what you're posting. :)

16. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    figures. EU seeping in everywhere :p

Oh well,its a cool map tho

Thanks for the long yet intuitive explanation :p

17. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I've got Spoilers!!!!
    TF.N reported a description of the ROTS comercial, they said:
    The first half of trailer consists of ... (begin spoilers - highlight to read) a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.

This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Saw this up on the TF.N homepage. Claims to be the teaser poster for ROTS. (Gee, I haven't heard that before!) Anyway, here's the link:
    ROTS Teaser Banner

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I saw that poster when they first posted it on tf.n...if it is the real thing... [face_drool]

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    A lot of people are shocked about the trailer description because it shows such a pivotal scene from the movie so early. I must admit, I'm one of them, but I think I'll have to reserve my full judgement until I actually see it. And with any luck, that will be very soon. I remember reading somewhere that it was expected to be shown before The Incredibles.

And the teaser poster...beautiful. :)

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    But really, what better way to drag back the Doubting Thomas' than to show that in a trailer ;)

22. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    worst Teaser Poster ever...

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/img/20041028_1_bg.jpg]

Yes folks, his is the real deal. Released by LFL tonight on the OS. Personally I hate it. The first 2 movies posters were much better.

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    HEADS UP!

For all of you who are not members of Hyperspace (like myself) this is a reminder that the ROTS teaser trailer will be airing on TV TONIGHT during "Access Hollywood" at 7:00 on Channel 7. Don't miss it! They showed a 3-5 second snipit of it last night and it gave me the willies. :)

24. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Also, if anybody who is not in hyperspace, like myself as well, the show TRL on MTV will be showing the trailer as well. The show is on at 5.

25. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just saw it on Hyperspace. I have to say this is quite a different approach for George, quite an interesting way to tie it all together.
    I love watching the new teasers and getting tingles down my spine :)

Wookies, lava and lots of lightsabers!!

Oh yeah.....

and VADER baby!!!!

(still feeling tingly, think i'll go watch it a few more times ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.