main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EPISODE 3 SPOILERS !

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by PADA-1, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Okay, I read over at SW.com yesterday that work has begun on set building. Five sets are returning from previous episodes, three from ep2 and two from the OT. Now, here's were the guessing begins. Of the two sets from the OT, one has to be built on basically advice from the people who built them because no blueprints or plans exist. This means to me that one set is most likely from New Hope. The other is definitely from Jedi because the person talking about it was a guy who only worked on planning sets for Jedi. Now which sets could these two be? I was thinking at work today,(Yeah I know I'm supposed to be concentrating on the job but the mind wanders!), from New Hope you've got Tatooine,Death Star and Yavin. My educated guess would be either the Lars moisture farm or Obi's home. The Jedi set has me puzzled, you've got Dagobah, but then Empire would have been mentioned as a returning set. Then Endor and Death Star 2, both of which would seem to have no place in a story set some 15-20 years after ep3. Oh, also Jabba's palace and the pit of Carkoon, also seemingly irrelevant. Anyone want to take a stab at the returning Jedi set because Im drawing a blank!

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I gotta go with Dagobah because of my theory that I discussed at our last meeting. The set of Dagobah in Jedi is different from the one in Empire.

3. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Different how? I mean it was probably a diferent set built but for the purposes of the movie it was meant to be the same right? I read yesterday that there is a good chance one set will be the bridge of a star destroyer, maybe the Executor so that could be the Jedi connection, although that was more heavily used in Empire, oh well just have to wait till May 2005.

4. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    You're correct, it was a different set built but it was meant to be the same setting, ect. I just think that they will have a big scene with Dagobah, but at the least a small scene showing Yoda there.

5. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    It would be too early for the SSD Executor that was being built during Ep 4. I believe you going to see Darth Sidious (a clone of Palpatine)kill Palpatine and take his spot without anyone knowing about it, Amidala does (had a clone of herself in Ep 1)and trys to unveil this plot and gets killed for it.<----That happends after Luke and Leia are born. Anakin blames Obi-Wan for her death and thats were they fight, I believe near a volcano on Yavin 4, or on a planet yet named. He becomes not like Vader yet but similar he has a helmet on his head and an apparatice covering his nose and mouth and you can see his eyes "very evil looking" and fights and kills all the Jedi. At the next meeting Ill tell you more this all came to me in a dream it was wild.

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    That is a excellent theory you have there. Alot of that could well prove to be true. But I don't think Palpatine isn't Darth Sidious, They have got to be the same person. Just my personal opinion though, I could easily be wrong.

7. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Hmmm, interesting theories but I would have to disagree. I thought Amidala's "clone" was her bodyguard Sabe, yeah they look alot alike but they are different,(the scene in the swamp when Amidala reveals herself standing next to her bodyguard), plus I thought nobody but Sifo-dious and Dooku knew about Kamino. Palpatine has to be Sidious, there's to many connections for him not to be. The biggest one is when he informs Nute and Rune that he will "make it legal". If that's not a huge giveaway I don't know what is. But Lucas floored everbody in Jedi with the whole Luke/Leia connection so I guess anythings possible.

8. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I recently read that the much anticipated Anakin/Obi-Wan duel that we have always believed would take place on a lava/volcano pit setting now in addition to that setting it will be snowing at the same time making the snow hitting the ground a really cool special effect.

9. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Yeah, I read awhile ago that some photos were taken of an Italian volcano for "reference". Just read that the outline was finished at the end of Feb. and the first ten minutes of the film are done whatever that means. Oh, also heard there WILL be a appearance of a character from the orignal trilogy.

10. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The actor who played Jango Fett is currently on the set of Episode 3! This could mean that we will see some Mandalorian Warrior action before this is all over. :)

11. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I read that Temura Morrison,(Jango), is appearing as an aging version of a clone trooper, which makes sense since they went from infant to young adult in ten years, so by Ep3 they would start to look older.

12. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Two words: TARKIN'S BACK! I read that it is a stone cold fact that Tarkin will appear in EP3, didn't say who plays him or how large of a role he will play, but that is some seriously sweet news. It's all falling into place for Uncle Palpy [face_devil]

13. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I eyeballed some cool new Ep3 pics of Anakin, Palpatine, and various other stuff at theforce.net. I think Anakin looks like Peter Frampton from the Frampton Comes Alive album cover! :p

14. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I found out some MAJOR spoilers today on TFN, these are so big that I will post them way down this page for those who do not wish to see them.

Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. The dark side shrouds everything, even Jedi eyes.
    - The new bad guy is the leader of the droid armies. He is the ultimate Jedi-killing machine. He isn't 100% droid but dont' expect his backstory to be revealed in the film. His backstory will be explained as much as Darth Maul's was in Episode I.

- Anakin kills Dooku, and really early in the film as previously reported. And the former Jedi isn't officially named "Darth Vader" until after the lava bath. But don't take this to mean he doesn't do some very very dark things before the duel takes place.

15. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Well the Palpatine/Sidious connection is a no brainer, you'd have to be blind and deaf not to have made the connection. As far as the new bad guy, it sounds alot like the Durge character from the Clone Wars cartoons coming out. He's a real bad ass as well in the Clone Wars comics series from Dark Horse. I read that Padme dies also, pretty dark stuff. What I want to know is who was Sifo-dious?

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Supposedly it's not Durge. I guess it's been 100% confirmed that Durge is not in Episode 3. What I personally am waiting to hear is what is up with Qui-Gon.

17. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Here's some spoilers from the multiple sources under one report. If you're wondering if you should read on, this may be the deal breaker. We've got rumors on the new bad guy, clone troopers, a new planet name, vehicle descriptions and plot points. This is a load of spoilers if they pan out. Read at your own risk!

-The General Grevious report is completely true. As of recently, his name was still General Grevious. Could it change? Could George re-spell it "Greevus?" Was a Saber-Dart once called a Kyber-Dart? Was Sifo-Dyas once called Sido-Dyas? Sure, but for now, that is the reality. All that is missing from that original report is the fight between Anakin and Dooku (definitely expect limbs to be lost). Palpatine is shackled to his chair (you saw it on hyperspace already) with a huge panoramic window behind him. The room is extremely evocative of the Emperor's throne room in ROTJ. The Seperatist ship that they are aboard is a long, slender, sleek vessel. The hanger bay is towards the back of the ship with giant doors that are open on both sides (so you could fly straight through the hole if you wanted.) Do not picture a TF Droid Control ship. They look nothing alike.
    -Obi-Wan and his troops (following orders from the council), track Grevious down. Obi-Wan gives chase of Grevious aboard an animal that would best be described as a large and fast lizard. Grevious rides in a vehicle that resembles a one-wheeled version of a Hailfire droid. During their saber duel, Grevious' forearms each split in two and he wields a total of 4 lightsabers in combat.

-Palpatine had the clone troopers made with genetic data that allows him to take complete control of them when he needs to.

-After Obi-Wan eliminates Grevious (confirmed, its a blaster up the guts. A real juicy death for Grevious. Expect his head to leak fluids too), he returns to his troops. Palpatine gives the order for all the clone troopers to kill their jedi masters. Obi-Wan narrowly escapes and all the jedi in the film from this point forward would be considered enemies of the Republic and fugitives. This scene is a bit tragic for Obi-Wan as he is forced to kill a clone trooper he had befriended fighting together in the clone wars.

-Quick shots are shown on multiple worlds of clone troopers turning on their Jedi generals and eliminating them in several creative ways. (for example, you'll see a new world, followed by Republic tanks with a jedi commander on board. The order is given and the tank next to it turns it's turret and opens fire on the jedi tank at point blank range.) Watch for prominent jedi council members to go out this way.

-Yoda has little difficulty dealing with the clone troopers that turn on him on Kashyyyk, especially with the help of the wookiees. You will see why Han warns about wookiees being known to rip people's arms out of their sockets. And don't expect wookiees to be portrayed as simply "tall ewoks." Their technology is very advanced as is their vehicles, and they make good use of the lagoons on their world during combat. Watch for Yoda to do his whole "Away with your weapons I mean you no harm!" bit to fool the clone troopers as Chewie comes up behind them and knocks them unconscious. Wookiee vehicles definitely have a propeller theme. They have a boat with 2 pontoons (it looks like a catamaran). And they have one-man helicopter vehicles they fly around in.

-The last mission that Palpatine sends Anakin Skywalker on is a mission to the planet Mustafar. He is to terminate the remaining leaders of the Seperatists who have gathered there for a meeting.

Palpatine has a lightsaber.
    Palpatine declares himself Emperor to the Senate, and puts blames on his actions on the shoulders of the Jedi Order.

Padme does indeed die in the film. She dies while giving birth to Luke and Leia. Leia's reference to her beautiful mother is probably Queen Organa of Aldeeran.

Anakin Skywalker demise most likely is the graphic one. This person said that it would be impossible that Episode 3 will get away with

18. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Hmmm, Padme dies or does she? I doubt Lucas will really kill her off, that seems TOO dark, but then again who knows. I read that Mace takes on Palpatine & Anakin, seems right that it would take a dark side tag team to take out Shaft, er I mean Mace. It seems the spoilers are coming out a lot earlier than for Ep1 or 2, I mean we still have a year and 7 months to go, alot could change in post production and editing. I am really excited about the upcoming Clone Wars toons in Nov., only 3 min. a piece though which will be frustrating. Guess we'll have to wait for them to be released on DVD eh?

19. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I can't wait to see Yoda leading a army of Wookies into battle, Talk about a force to be reckoned with! :)

20. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Here is more that I heard about.....

- The Battle of Coruscant will be the biggest space battle the Star Wars franchise has ever seen. Expect to see some cool capital ship vs. capital ship warfare. Each side has lots of varied looking warships. The Republic has ships that are more than just Star Destroyers. Might even see an old Ralph McQuarrie design or two get put into place here.
    - Expect one of the final shots of the film to be Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine on a Star Destroyer bridge looking out onto space at the beginnings of a Death Star in progress...(but not necessarily THE last shot of the film...) my understanding of the last shot before iris out will be on Tatooine.

- When Padme faces Anakin on Mustafar, Anakin is incredibly upset with her when he realizes she brought Obi-Wan with her. She led Obi-Wan right to him. From Anakin's point of view, he trusted her and she betrayed him. Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside (where she also hits her head.) Then, the duel begins amidst the corpses of the slaughtered Seperatist leaders.

- The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world (whose name has not been revealed yet.) They land there when they realize that Padme isn't going to make it if they keep pushing on to Alderaan. The natives of this planet resemble little grey close encounters/roswell aliens. Padme finally succumbs to her wounds suffered from Anakin during the birthing scene. She is able to share a few choice words with Obi-Wan before passing. Bail, Obi-Wan and Yoda hatch the plans for what to do with the children. Bail sees to it that C-3PO's memory is wiped. Yoda is dropped off via escape pod at Dagobah where he will await the proper time to do his part. The jedi have been utterly duped and defeated by films end.

- Medical droids turn the remains of Anakin Skywalker (now named Darth Vader) into the classic trilogy cyborg Darth Vader we know and love. His reveal is very "Frankenstein." (He lays on a slab that slowly rises up when he is completed.) When Vader rises, his first desire is knowledge of Padme's fate. Palpatine calmly and cooly tells him that she is dead and that he(Anakin/Vader) killed her. His sorrow and regret result in an awe-inspiring physical manifestation of the dark side of the force. The entire room buckles and twists away from his anguished screams. Every droid in the room is obliterated. Palpatine has to muster all of his powers just to shield himself from Vader's wrath. Vader's echoed scream segues directly into the next scene: Padme's funeral procession.

21. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    General Grievous is supposed to be on the cover of this upcoming insider, I hope we learn more about the guy other than he can fight with 4 lightsabers.

22. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I read somewhere that Grievous is a cyborg and Anakin's transformation into Vader is based on the technology that created Grievous. Also heard that there will be a brief preview of EP3 on the upcoming Star Wars DVD release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.