main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3-The most anticipated movie ever?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Emperor_Yoda, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    137 days and 51 minutes; Brazil's summer time...

2. Emperor_Yoda

Emperor_Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    I hate Happy Gilmore.

3. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    The most anticipated movie ever?

HHhhmm, those are pretty big shoes. I think a lable as lofty as that would have to have the fans and the general public on the same page. They are not. So, that leaves the question only suitable amongst the fans. Is ROTS the most anticipated movie for STAR WARS fans? I dunno, I can only speak for myself. EpisodeI was the most anticipated STAR WARS film for me. By EpisodeII, I remained excited, but I am now without a fanatical edge. I casually await EpisodeIII and strangely enough I will enjoy it more than the other two im sure.

EpisodeI was most anticipated for myself.

4. JK33

JK33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah, I think that TPM may have been the most anticipated movie ever. I can't think of a film that caused so much commotion. Ever.

5. JediChick07

JediChick07 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    "For us, yes. For the general public...they couldn't give a hoot!"

my thought exactly...yeah for us it's the most anticipated movie ever...for them...no

6. wisemaster

wisemaster Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2005
    As sad as it to say,i have never wanted something more.
    Nothing.

7. LooopyJedi

LooopyJedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2005
    I don?t know.. I understand a lot of the points made when it?s argued that people waited years and years for TPM.. And only a few years for ROTS.. But this is the last one ever.. And I know at least 30 people, who don?t generally follow movies, who are absolutely shaking in their boots for the last episode. The originals were a smashing hit when they came out. Everyone knew and loved Darth Vader. One of the most memorable movie quotes ever is ?Luke, I am your father.? (And it didn?t even happen that way..) Vader is one of the most favorable villains in all movie history and I think people will probably want to see how that ?quote? came to be; see how their favorite villain was born. A lot of people don?t seem to think that anyone has an interest in this.. But I think it?s a pretty big factor.

The general public may already be anticipating the film because it?s talked about so much (however, not as much as it will be in a few months.) Once advertising gets going, it may be one of the most anticipated movies of all time. It?s going to be huge

8. mmsportsman19

mmsportsman19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
  9. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I would have to agree

10. Darth_Hamm

Darth_Hamm Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2003
    It's my most anticipated movie ever.

11. Darth_Hamm

Darth_Hamm Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2003
  12. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Think about it. Ever since the first STAR WARS where we heard "when I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master" we've wondered about THAT story, that movie.

I love these guys who tell ME what I'VE been thinking about.

Hey, ya know what, dude, YOU might've been obsessing over fictitious characters who end up taking your money, but speak for yourself, alright?

And if ROTS is the most anticipated movie ever, what does it say about the fact that, like, it won't even crack the top-25 of all time box office. (AOTC wasn't even #1 the year it was RELEASED....it was a distant THIRD.)

13. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    this is the THING i have been waiting for since i was 10

14. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I would have to agree that TPM was much more anticipated than RotS.

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I think that in terms of anticipation - TPM was highly anticipated, no questions there. The media was hyping it up, no end. It was an EVENT movie...For the first time in 16 years, a Star Wars movie was gracing us with it's presence. I think the reason why AOTC wasn't as anticipated, was, to be quite bluntly honest, was because TPM failed to meet general expectations...Let's face it, TPM has more than it's fair share of haters. I don't think anyone can deny that. Because of the negativity following TPM, people were wary of AOTC, and as a result, it wasn't as anticipated as TPM...Or as I like to think of it as, the "Once bitten, twice shy..." syndrome. That said, I like AOTC; a lot of people also do not, and because at the time, everyone was rapped up in Lord of the Rings, Star Wars was quickly taking a back seat to it.

I think that this was one of the underlining reasons why Lucas decided to go ahead with revealing Vader in the teaser trailer...EVERYONE knows who and what Darth Vader is. DARTH VADER IS A SILVER-SCREEN ICON! I think he was in there, not only to make us fans soil in our pants, but to remind John Q. Public as to why they saw Star Wars in the first place, and to entice those people back to Star Wars for one last time.

A lot is going to happen in the next four months...Good, or bad, I'm still very much looking forward to this film, and I cannot wait for it to arrive!

16. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I anticipate STAR WARS movies, including rereleases of STAR WARS movies, more so than any other movies. :) :cool:

17. Texas_Jedi

Texas_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 1999
    This movie will be and is highly anticipated. Its the return of Darth Vader.

18. Darth_Mimic

Darth_Mimic Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    "YOU might've been obsessing over fictitious characters who end up taking your money, but speak for yourself, alright?"

Or maybe we want to see the final piece of the Star wars puzzle that some of us have enjoyed for most of our lives. I get the impression that you don't already have your ticket...

19. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I don't think ROTS is the most anticipated movie ever at this point. Lucasfilm could change this real fast, imho, if they'd do things like have more trailers, spend the big $$$ to have an awesome preview during the superbowl, and bombard the airwaves with commercials.

They didn't have to do this with TPM, because the excitement was built up over all the years with no SW, but this time Lucasfilm and their advertising department will have a great influence on the anticipation of ROTS.

20. Renegade_Light

Renegade_Light Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2005
    Unfortunately over the last few years many people have come to see 'Star Wars' as a bit of a joke. The films themselves have still done fantastically well at the box office, but it has become acceptable to laugh at and belittle the films. I think the general population will anticipate it as they would any big summer film, but I do not see the same sort of hype developing as it did in 1999. Hopefully, more people will realise that this is the end of an era, the last ever 'Star Wars' film, and the excitement will grow exponentially. Personally I think 'ROTS' will be the best blockbuster film of the year, and *fingers crossed* be the best 'Star Wars' film ever!

21. Jedi_Lancer

Jedi_Lancer Jedi Master star 1

Oct 1, 2003
    Some of my friends have disagreed with me but I feel that Episode III will be HUGE because it IS the story some fans have been waiting for for a couple decades. Episodes I & II were only made to set up what we're about to experience.

If GL is a smart man, and I know he is, he'll market this one just right. It's a different world out there now and he's got to get the right people to market and promote it.

22. COUNTMATTYFAT

COUNTMATTYFAT Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    Would you guys think I was sick to admit that I have never looked forward to anything so much since the birth of my own children? I just hope I am a better Dad than Darth Vadar! You know the biggest crime of the rise of the Empire was the fact that Vadar never had to pay Child Support to the Lars and Organa families.

23. Uric-Qel-Droma

Uric-Qel-Droma Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I think TPM and ROTS are on equal footing, as TPM was the first star wars movie in like 20 years, and ROTS is perhaps the last ever..so if anything, the hype around ROTS is probably bigger.

24. BlueTrooper

BlueTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2004
    Episode I was the most anticipated movie ever for fans and the public.

Episode III is the least anticipated STAR WARS movie ever by the public.

25. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I forgot to mention in my last post Lucasfilm's huge card to play in increasing ROTS' hype-factor-- the fact it's the last SW movie ever. Unfortunately, based on the first trailer, Lucasfilm doesn't seem to be playing this card. Instead, the word on the street is that ROTS is the last film, but how many of the general population know this-- or if they do, how many believe it?

I think Lucasfilm should make it clear that ROTS is "The END". If they'd combine that with the return of DV and package it into a fierce marketing campaign, the hype could shoot up real fast, imho.

On a side note, I think if ROTS actually got a PG-13 rating, it would create a lot of free media "buzz" for the film, which could increase the hype amoung teens and young adults.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.