main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3-The most anticipated movie ever?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Emperor_Yoda, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_terror2005

Darth_terror2005 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    Quote of the day:

Fan Question: George, on the Episode 3 DVD commentary, can we have an exclusive interview with Supershadow, the supreme leader of the world?

George Lucas: We might do that.

2. Darth_terror2005

Darth_terror2005 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    I will be happy if the movie is better than any of the movies in the Classic trilogy. I doubt it could be as good as Return of the King, or even Empire Strikes back unless some of the cheesy CGI cartoon kidiness is taken out.

3. GeneralJack

GeneralJack Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    I don't know about the rest of the world, but this
    is definitly my most anticipated movie ever.
    About the hype in the earlier post, Lucas seems he doesn't like to hype his stuff ever since TPM

4. Darth_Hamm

Darth_Hamm Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2003
    I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

5. Darth_Hamm

Sep 19, 2003
    JediPrettyBoy posted this in the Humor Thread, and I'm putting it here because it's true:

"If you think about it. 1977 to 2005 (28 years). We have been waiting longer to see the Obi-Anakin duel than Vader waited for Obi-Wan to exact his revenge. Time between ROTS and ANH (about 22 years)."

6. DARTH_CRISPY

DARTH_CRISPY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2005
    Its my most anticipated film, but I think Episode I would end up winning that honor, with ROTJ taking a distant second. The note that Empire went out on made people really want to see Return a lot and Spider-man behind that. Episode III is creaping up, though. I also since HUGE anticipation for Superman returns.

7. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I cant imagine any other movie having this kind of anticipation. People have been waiting for it since well before I was born (1988), no other film has done that. And I cant imagine getting this excited over any other film.

8. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    I still think TPM was one of the most anticipated movies ever, but ROTS is up there. But with all of the negative reviews of TPM and AOTC by movie critics, I don't think it's as anticipated as it should have been.

9. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    ^
    Probobly one of the problems with high anticipations. People set their expectations to high. I had no problem with TPM and AOTC except Anakin was to nice in TPM and Jar Jar was there.

10. Assembler

Assembler Jedi Grand Master

Nov 22, 2002
    I'm looking forward to ROTS, but was much much more excited about TPM. I can still remember the anticipation and watching the trailer for the first time... The first Star Wars in sixteen years... All the latest computer technology for George to create it exactly as he imagined... I almost died of excitement!

I think after the critical mauling TPM got, some people are now embarrassed to admit how excited they really were in the build-up.

11. MrC123

MrC123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    "Probobly one of the problems with high anticipations. People set their expectations to high. I had no problem with TPM and AOTC except Anakin was to nice in TPM and Jar Jar was there."

Yeah, I loved TPM and AOTC, too. Just don't get me started on movie critics :)

12. GeneralJack

GeneralJack Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    *The Most Anticipated Movie Ever*

HELL YES!

It is the movie i sure can't wait to see

13. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    BIG,BIG Y E S ! ! !

For me anyway..................................... :D

14. Darth_Hamm

Sep 19, 2003
    I still can't wait!!! It's coming closer!

15. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    [breathes life back into thread]
    BUMP

16. Darth_Hamm

Sep 19, 2003
  17. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    i still think TPM was the most anticipated movie ever.

18. EvilSkillZ

EvilSkillZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I think its the real most anicipated movie ever. TPM was a fantasy anticipation. This is the real deal.

19. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I think RotS was the movie that a lot of folks thought that I TPM was. So this movie has 22 years of anticipation behind it.

20. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I cant ever remember being more excited about a movie, i remeber when i was waiting for ATOC to start all i could think bout was how cool ep 3 was going to be. we get to see the jedi die and anakin turn its going to be soooo cool.

21. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    It's good, really good, to finally again see hype for a Star Wars movie that's overwhelmingly positive. With Phantom Menace, the negative reviews started coming in fairly early. We knew something was wrong, the public knew something was wrong, but everyone wanted a new Star Wars film, no matter how flawed, so there was no stopping the hype juggernaut, despite the pervasive undercurrent of disappointment.

As a consequence of TPM's failings, the hype for AOTC was much more limited, and again the early negative response over the script, etc., cut deeply into the joy of the experience. And Star Wars suffered at the box office for the first time ever. AOTC will be the closest Star Wars ever comes to a complete debacle, even though by the standards of other franchises it still did pretty well. But fewer people than ever went to see it, and it left a bad taste in the mouth of many fans.

For Episode 3, the experience has been different from the beginning. After the shortcomings of 1 and 2, it was never a given that the public would fall for the allout hype of Episode 3.

But what happened is that advance word of mouth has been tremendously positive. The critical reviews have been, by and large, gushing, and the commercial hype doesn't have that disconcerting pandering to little kids that marred the commercial tie-ins to TPM.

And no Jar Jar Binks. How can you put a dollar value on the absence of Jar Jar Binks? It wasn't enough to save AOTC but the older kids and the fans recognize that this movie will come closer to the tone that made ESB great than any other of the prequels.

People around the country are ready to forgive Lucas for TPM and AOTC, as long as ROTS delivers. And it seems like, for the most part, for most people, ROTS really is, finally, after six long yers, finally going to deliver us a prequel worth watching.

But that's just me falling for all the hype. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

22. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    All I know, is that there are a lot of people out there (critics and box-office buffs) that are really underestimating what this flick will do at the box-office. Unlike TPM, this movie really has a chance to draw in the average movie-goer because there is something real familar in the marketing...VADER.

People who aren't necessarily even all that interested in STAR WARS, seem curious about how Vader became Vader. The curiousity factor alone is going to push this movie over the top, in terms of anticipation and box-office numbers. I really have no doubt that this flick will be #2 all time at the box-office, second only to Titanic.

-matt

23. Warn_Cora

Warn_Cora Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2004
    Hey all! I know this is my most anticipated movie ever. I've been waiting for this longer than some of my friends have been alive. I just wanted to say thanks for making the wait enjoyable.

24. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Look at it this way.

Titanic made $1.8 billion dollars worldwide by letting people commune with one of the biggest cultural phenomena of the 20th century.

TPM made nearly $1 billion worldwide by letting people commune with the original Star Wars, one of the biggest cultural phenomena of the 20th century. Ultimately, it fell short as a way to relive the greatness of the original "Star Wars."

But maybe ROTS will come closer. It's not impossible. I think if ROTS had been the first prequel movie, it could have capsized Titanic, but now there's too much baggage floating in the debris field of the prequels, as the result of the disappointing and forgettable TPM and AOTC.

25. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    In short, yes.

This is the one everyone has been waiting for. Specifically Obi Wan Vs Vadar round 1.

The other 2 PT were just filler. This is the one fans have been dreaming about for 20+ years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.