main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3: The Ultimate Campout!

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by BNut, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNut

BNut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    We had a pretty sweet setup going at Carmike10 for Episode 2.

Couch, an electric generator, xbox, PS1, VCR, nice size TV, computer, laptops, tons of fold out chairs, BBQ pit, and a camping tent.

I'd love to see everyone get together and over the next three years plan something spectactular for Episode 3.

Ideas like:

- Large Tents (so our dedicated campers don't get sun burned and to block the glare form the sun so we can actually see TV/Computer screens during the day time as well as provide us with protection from the elements if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate)
    - Multiple generators (in case one dies and so we can maybe have a enough power to have LAN party if enough people bring laptops/computers)
    - Folding tables (for setting up computers, TV, laptops, gaming consoles, board games, card games, you name it)
    - Fast Food sponsorship/catering. (Ex: Krispy Kreme for Breakfast, Pappa Johns for dinner)
    - Bed Matresses (so you can actually get some decent rest at night)
    - Dorm size refrigerators (to keep those drinks nice and frosty)
    - Port-a-let (Avoid any potential problems with theatre management over use of their restrooms)

Despite the much smaller turn out for EP2 compared to EP1, I'd have to say the enthusiam level IN the theatre during the movie was 100x better than EP1 was. If EP3 improves as much as EP2 did, we are in for a real treat!

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Oh yes by then we will have been established for 3 yrs. I'm sure we will have a grand campout!

3. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I agree 110% with you BNut. I think we should follow the example of the original FanForce Chapter, Fort Worth, TX. They set up what is known as Rebel Base in an empty field next to the Theatre. Notice we have the space next to Carmike. The fans Q up and sign a guest book there which maintains order. When tickets go on sale, they move orderly over to the ticket booth. This way we can get as big as we want and not interfear with the operations at Carmike Cinema. This will also generate support for our activities from the Cinema management.

This thread is an excellent idea. I hope many people pitch their ideas here an we can see if bringing them to reality is feasable.

May the Force be with you all. :D

---------------------------------------

Also, BNut, do me a favor and post in the RollCall thread to make your sign-up official. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.