main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3- What's up so far...(Possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    The third film??.what happens!

O.K.- I know this is early, but the person I got this from is fairly reliable ( the fact is she does know people at LFL, and they have started on the film). So all I can say is take this for what it is, but it sure sounds like fun! (At least for the imperials!) Here it is!

1. Anankin sports a goatee

2. He bulks up and looks far more muscular

3. Anakin does not fall into a pit of lava, it more or less pours on to him- during the battle between him and Obi-Wan

4. Anakin kills both Mace and Count Dooku-then kills the rest of his enemies, being the Jedi?then converts to the dark side

5. Padme is dying by the end of the film- (N.Portman has signed to do pickups for ROTJ that will be re-inserted)

6. The film will run close to 3 hours-this rumor is pretty much solid!

7. Padme gives the children to Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of the film, in a very tearful goodbye?at the same time she is seeing to her childrens safety, Anakin becomes Vader by using parts of those he has killed-i.e.- the techno union guy

8. Harrison Ford is being considered to play his own father?(this is a strech- but Indy 4 will be in production at the same time-it's also a smalll cameo) with the younger version befriending a young and hate filled Boba Fett

9. The title of the film is ?Fall of the Jedi?

Well there it is? I hope this makes for a lively discussion on this thread.
    Before I go the last and most disturbing news---the braids worn by Fett are not Wookie scalps, but rather Jedi braids!

Boy, is this movie going to be a downer! I can hardly wait!!!!!

Have fun with this discussion!

Edited title...just in case.

2. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    You're a bad, bad man, Eric.

3 more years...only 3 more years...

3. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    Thanks you....I try!

Just remember, not only 3 years, but 36 months!!!! And this is just a overview. Can you imagine what this will be like 2 weeks before the film! Aaaarrrrgggghhh.

4. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Oooohhh, keep 'em coming! I like what I see so far. :)

You mean 34 months, E. Almost 2 months have passed since the last release. Please don't make me wait any longer than I have to!!

5. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Ooooh, I love spoilers and tidbits! Thanks Eric!

But the thought of Natalie being inserted into ROTJ is just horrible. That's the worst! Yaack! Please leave it alone, George! Please!

And I thought Harrison was done with Star Wars in any capacity. Hmmm... Well, it could be interesting, but knowing him, I doubt he'll go through with it. I just don't see it, really. And befriending the damaged Boba is a little much.

Thank god these aren't all set in stone, but I'm happy with most of them, especially the lava pouring on Anakin rather than him taking a dip in it. It makes his survival that much more plausible. And I'm not suprised by the 3-hour run--I think we all called that after AOTC came out, since there was so much left to sort out.

6. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
  7. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    I am a huge fan (obviously), and like nothing more than spoilers. However, this is plain ridiculous.

I don't really care what "source" this letter came from, but Lucas hasn't written the script yet. Since no official script exists, the actual story exists only in George's head (maybe a written form in a suitcase similar to what they keep nuclear missle launch codes in :). The only thing "official" is the scene they shot in Tunisia (when Obi-wan drops Luke off on Tatooine), and that might not even be used - that came from the mouth of George himself. Just so everyone doesn't think i'm hating on this, here is what i found wrong with this whole letter:

1. Anakin sporting a goatee - that's not a "spoiler" Most of the Jedi Knights that play a prominent role, especially in the specific master-padawan order we know about all sport goatees once they are a "real" Jedi. (Dooku trained Qui-Gon trained Obi-Wan trained Anakin).

2. Regarding the lava thing. George himself probably doesn't even know if he will use that. He's stated as much in the past. He always says the MOVIES are cannon (you learn about that in the book - NOT cannon). It's very likely that's what they'll use, but no one but George at this point knows how it's going to happen.

3. As far as killing Mace, Dooku, the Jedi, and then converting to the darkside. Umm, hold on here. He's already killed an entire camp of innocent tusken raiders - he is atleast "half" dark at this point. He will be part of the darkside long before he kills ALL of the Jedi. The order on that one seems to be backwards. As far as him killing Mace and Dooku and the Jedi - that's obvious. We've already learned that no one except Yoda can take Dooku, and since Anakin will become more powerful than Yoda, he is the only one capable of destroying Dooku. Regarding the Jedi, of course he's going to kill them - Obi-wan tells us that in ANH. That's not a spoiler!

4. The film will not be 3 hours. All 5 of the films made are between 2 hours and 2.5 hours, and Episode III will fall in there too.

5. Padme dying, again, isn't a real "spoiler;" we all know it's coming, we just don't know at which point it will happen. Also, Portman, Lucas, and McCallum have all denied the "rumor" of her doing shots for ROTJ. I can't see them changing that, because it's not needed. Think about it.

6. "Anakin becomes Vader by using parts of those he has killed-i.e.- the techno union guy." Exactly what parts of Jedi is he going to use to make his new body??? This idea is stupid. He's not a techno-union guy. He needs the suit to breath, and I don't think any Jedi (I could be wrong) have mechanical lungs.

7. Harrison Ford IS NOT going to be in Episode III. Period. Boba Fett's role is going to be small as it is, and they won't waste time bringing in daddy Solo. That would be about as stupid as the Padme in ROTH idea. If anyone has an appearance, the logical choice would be Tarkin, since he was one of the first officers in the empire (this is from books, and NOT cannon, so i personally don't think either will be in it - if i had to bet though, i think we'd see Tarkin before Daddy Solo).

8. Althought the name "Fall Of The Jedi" would be a plain, simple title that makes sense, and heck, it could actually turn out that thats what it is, it's not official.

9. Obi-wan will not know about Leia, he will only know about Luke. (Think back to TESB):

Ben: "That boy was our last hope."

Yoda: "No, there is another"

Granted, Ben knows about Leia in ROTJ, but I think that comes from Ben asking (after Luke leaves), "What do you mean another... There were twins? What?"

And personally, I don't think Padme will seek out the Jedi to give her children away. I think Yoda will seek her out and convince her to give them up (for obvious reasons). This would help explain Obi-wan's not knowing of Leia (originally). Then again, Lucas could just "forget" about Ben saying that part in TESB. Maybe Yoda brings Leia and Luke with him, drops off Leia first, and then gives

8. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Hmmm...that's a lot to chew on, but I gotta think Anakin/Vader is going to confront Mace in the midst of a larger battle, only to turn over the killing of him to Fett, who will conveniently show up just as Anakin & Mace finish talking trash to each other.

I can see Anakin turning away purposefully and striding off to take on Dooku or Obi Wan, while muttering something akin to Padme's "We don't have time for this" in the battle scene in TPM. At least, that's how I'D set it up. Of course, I can't explain how a pre-pubescent Boba will take out a Jedi Master, but hell, I don't have millions of bucks, a staff of hundreds of employees, or a flannel shirt. . .

9. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    Kinda harsh, tello, but at least you are speaking your mind (which is what these forums are all about). Sebulba-X is the one who modified the title of the thread to add the "spoilers" part as just a caution for those who may want to remain as free of any taint as possible before the next movie.

While we may hear a lot about the upcoming movie long beforehand, and credible sources may turn out to be wrong, I like having the opportunity to dream about what may occur in the next movie and love to toy with what may be, according to those sources, even if it doesn't happen. We're going to be told a lot of conflicting things over the next three years. And Uncle George is not going to be a credible source of info as he doesn't want us to know exactly what is going to happen...he'll say and do things to try to throw us off. We have a lot of time to speculate and won't know the specifics until we walk into the theater in May 2005.

10. tello999

May 6, 2002
    Boba Fett isn't going to kill Mace Windu. There is no way a 12-14 year old Boba (even with all that excellent combat training) will be able to kill Mace.

Also, George has said that Episode III is an "opposite format" of AOTC. He has said that the big battle scene will be in the beginning, and after that it will turn personal. (Similar to TESB).

11. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    O.K. in my defense-

I know it is early, but Mr. Lucas does have people working on stuff already...Don't blindly buy into the whole "this is official" crap that the producer pukes out at every convention. The truth is many things are already generated. They will use unused designs and ships from other films.

The script was only finished a week before actual shooting the last time. Lucas is a bad director. He keeps his art dept, going full tilt and then changes his mind. That's why most people at the ranch DON'T want to return for part 3.

Do I believe most us this will end up on film...NO! But at this point in time much of it could be very credible. The fact is back in 1979 most people did not believe the rumor of Han getting froze- it was considered a STUPID idea. Well history will show with this franchise that a lot of stupid things end up on the screen.

Again, I am not defending this as gospel, but anything could go at this time. And I hate to say it but he can still change the films. He has already destroyed his version of ROTJ novel by making Owen Anikin's half brother, not Ben's brother.

So don't think he can't do anything...he has managed so far to screw up the biggest franchise ever with 2 films that either have really bad reviews or as in AOTC case...poor return.( by Hollywood standards this film did not do good at all-here in the states) projected totals where between 4-500 million!

I want discussion, and I think it's healthy. But one thing I've learned after being a fan ALL THESE YEARS...he can do anything he wants, and he sure doesn't care what the fans think!

Could Boba kill Mace-sure..why not. The Jedi are stupid at this point. Lucas will do anything to make the moviegoers go
    "OH MY GOD"! and he has...Jango just gets cut down 1,2,3...Maul falls into a pit after being killed by a padawan? C'man anything is possible.

I still think Padme will live several years afterwords. Does Ben know about Leia?

He might, but may not consider her a possible replacement for Luke.

Well, enough said...I've told Mauller 2, and some others. At Filmcon we are having the granddaddy of all discussions. A 2.5 hour long debate on all this stuff. I really want everyone to attend. That's why I love it so. Yes I have been disapointed in the films as of late, that doesn't mean I still don't like them. But discussing and provoking thought are the best things aout this fandom.

Lets keep having fun! And most of all-lets keep talking about it!

12. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    I think there are some interesting points being made here so i thought i'd throw my two cents worth in.

after AOTC the character of anikin is portrayed as a angst filled teenager dominated by his emotions. when his mother died he went out and slaughtered a whole camp of tuskins and from my way of seeing it was saved from the dark side by padme's presence in his life. with that in mind i think it would be fitting to have padme die or leave anikin about half way through the film taking away the one thing that was him into his last feverish decent to the dark side. perhaps "from a certain point of view" anikin blames the jedi council for her death or for taking her away from him to conceal the twins and this prompts his jedi holocaust.

-mike

13. Red05

Red05 Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2002
    Anakin cannot kill Mace. Boba Fett deserves his revenge.

He was probably about 10-12 years old in clones. I believe the next one is set 10 years later, that would make Boba Fett 20 something. That's plenty old to kill the man who killed your father, err you.

14. tello999

May 6, 2002
    Actually, E3 takes place 2-4 years after E2, not 10. That would make Boba 12-14.

I agree the revenge idea makes sense, but I cannot see Boba killing Mace. Maybe a tag-team of Anakin & Boba, but I don't see Boba doing it by himself.

I know Jedi, according to Yoda, are becoming more and more overconfident, but I don't see Mace getting wasted by a kid. But, you never know what can happen in that galaxy that's far, far away.

15. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    we should all look at it this way. In three years who is going to rember all of this.

16. fenster5199

fenster5199 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    This is kind of off-plot, but in ANH, C3-PO states that their last master was Captain Antilles (Wedge, I guess)...how will the droids memories and ownership be changed?

17. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Not that I doubt any of these rumors but doesn't anyone get the vibe that Mace is actually bad? I've heard alot of talk that he's actually a sith, even though Dooku may be one. I dunno, it's late and I'm rambling..........

18. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    If wedge is a captin then how is red five above him in the chain of command in ANH

19. tello999

May 6, 2002
    Actually, if you go by books and comics, the Captain Antilles they refer to is, if I remember right, a Captain Bail Antilles (he was in one of the "Droids" comics series in 1995 or 1996). When asked about the Antilles name a few years back (when Episode I was just coming out), Lucase mentioned that Antilles is a "popular" name in the Star Wars galaxy, and that they weren't related.

It's not canon, but I figure I'd fill you in.

And yes - in a little less than 3 years, this thread will be utterly pointless. :)

20. gold1

gold1 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    like I said before about maces death (and this would be a great connection)
    dont know if ya caulght it
    vader: you may used whatever needs nescesary, but I want them alive (to boba) NO DESINTEGRATIONS!

21. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Some interesting rumors... not all good ideas, IMO, but like that really matters... :)

"1. Anankin sports a goatee"

To be expected, I guess. Because as we know, all film characters with goatees are evil-incarnate... ;).

"2. He bulks up and looks far more muscular"

Good... he needs to bulk up some to really give him at least some of the physical presence that Vader commands.

"3. Anakin does not fall into a pit of lava, it more or less pours on to him- during the battle between him and Obi-Wan"

That would make more sense that him being enveloped in a lava pool of some sort. Lava pool=Completely deep-fried Chosen One. With a "pour", there is the chance that some of him will not be in contact with the molten rock... leaving him in a helluva lot of pain, but only partially on the extra-crispy side...

"4. Anakin kills both Mace and Count Dooku-then kills the rest of his enemies, being the Jedi?then converts to the dark side"

I have to agree that I could see Anakin taking Mace down, but instead of killing him, he gives that "honor" to a young Boba looking for revenge. Boba vaporizes Mace, giving us the backstory to that one line from ESB that we all know. I still would love to see Anakin defeat Dooku, then have Sidious/Palpatine give Anakin the same choice given to Luke in ROTJ... kill him, and take his place as the new Sith apprentice. But while Luke resisted, Anakin gives in, kills Dooku, and falls completely to the Dark Side. Lucas loves dualism and mirrored fate... it just think it would be a great way put together the story, but I digress.

"5. Padme is dying by the end of the film- (N.Portman has signed to do pickups for ROTJ that will be re-inserted)"

Will be interesting to find out why she is dying. I hate the idea of Padme appearing in a flashback sequence in ROTJ... I wish GL would stop tinkering so much... either that, or release DVD's with multiple cuts of the films.

6. The film will run close to 3 hours-this rumor is pretty much solid!

While a 3-hour film would be pretty cool, I really have a hard time buying it.

"7. Padme gives the children to Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of the film, in a very tearful goodbye?at the same time she is seeing to her childrens safety, Anakin becomes Vader by using parts of those he has killed-i.e.- the techno union guy."

Padme's tearful goodbye... good.
    Anakin's transformation using junk... bad.

Maybe the Techno-Union people build the suit for him... I also have a hard time believing that Anakin, after his battle with Obi-Wan, will be in any condition to help himself in this respect.

"8. Harrison Ford is being considered to play his own father?(this is a strech- but Indy 4 will be in production at the same time-it's also a smalll cameo) with the younger version befriending a young and hate filled Boba Fett"

ehh... it could work... maybe...

"9. The title of the film is ?Fall of the Jedi?"

It works... although, it just seems too predictable for it to be the real title.

"the braids worn by Fett are not Wookie scalps, but rather Jedi braids!"

This has been a rumor flying around for months, even before AOTC opened. Not saying that it isn't true, but well... it's not breaking news or anything. It's a nice touch... adds to the depth of Boba Fett's character.

22. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/humor/extreme/extreme090802.jpg]

23. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Here's my two cents worth:

I think Mace will get vaporized by Boba Fett or Fett will help vaporize other Jedi.

If we look back to ROTJ, Padme does not die right away. We must remember that Leia states that her mother died when she was very young and that she was beautiful but sad. If they do have her die, I would really like to know how they would pull that off. I would love to see Anakin freak out and go to the darkside after Count Dooku does something tragic to Padme. I think the dualism there would be that Anakin's downfall would be his love for Padme and that he could not control his rage while Luke loved his sister Leia and controlled his rage as seen in ROTJ.

I really love the title "Fall of the Jedi." It makes sense with the other titles.

That's it for the time being of my thoughts to these so-called "spoilers."

24. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    There's some new fan art for Ep. III HERE
    ...and anyone have a better answer to this question than this:

Q: "I was disappointed that Clones didn't answer the question why some Jedi disappear when they die and some don't. Will this ever be answered?"

A: That's a good question. A really good question. Only George [Lucas] knows that answer for real. Hopefully it will be illuminated in Episode III. I've asked him a dozen times and he always looks at me like, "What? Are you a fan?"
    -Rick McCullem (Producer)

25. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Being so far in advance, all the speculations are just that...speculations. I don't particularly like spoilers because I like the raw emotional feeling I get when something surprises or angers me (like Jango's wimpy death!). But because the film is almost 3 years in the future I will enjoy the long session/discussion at Filmcon.

As to Boba killing Mace Windu....more power to him and I hope he makes it painful! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.