1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Episode 3- What's up so far...(Possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lucas saying "What, are you a fan?" means he doesn't know how the hell he's gonna explain it and doesn't want to tell anyone that ^_^;
  2. Skywalker1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rumored titles for episode 3 are as follows they are early at the moment though and have a high possibility of being changed they are:

Fall of the Jedi
    Fall of the Republic

? Episode 3 will be 1-2 years after episode 2

The cast and creators are as follows
    GEORGE LUCAS (Director, scriptwriter, creator)
    RICK MCCALLUM (Producer)
    ROBIN GURLAND (Casting director)
    GAVIN BOCAET (Production designer)
    JAMES EARL JONES (Dubs vaders voice)
    DOUG CHIUNG (Art supervisor)

? There is a fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin at the end of episode 3 here is a detailed description of the fight:

A supposedly unknown kalibur crystal is the cause for Anakins fall to the darkside. The location of the fight is volcanic world of sigma Vulcanus. There he uncovers the kaiburr cystal. Before he can bring it back to Palpatine he encounters his master Obi-Wan. they fight and anakin loses his saber. as he tries to reach for it a cataclysmic earthquake rocks the planet throwing anakin (with the crystal) into boiling lava. kenobi with tears in his eyes and anguish in his heart picks up anakins saber and leaves.

? And as others have already mentioned, Episode 3 will end with Luke Skywalker and Leia Skywalker being born.
  3. tello999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    a volcanic planet named Vulcanus? I'm betting that's a code name right now. George better come up with a better name than that...

Also, I'm not buying into the crystal theory... it's not needed to progress the story at all.

just some input...
  4. Kylash_327 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw something about the crystal in an E3 fanfic, thats prolly where the rumor comes from.
  5. tello999 Jedi Knight

star 1
    That or from the books... I think it was in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and another earlier book where they mentioned the crystals...

2.5 years of rumors left!!!
  6. Skywalker1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It could be from "Splinter of the Mind's Eye"--who knows...

More Developments:

"Coming Attractions" has learned that actor Jimmy Smits (N.Y.P.D. Blue) has been cast as a new Star Wars character that will appear in both Episode Two and Episode Three.

Breaking News that Harrison Ford has been approached to star in the sci-fi action project "Gemini Man".

Jimmy Smits played a character in Episode Two that appears only for a short time, almost a cameo role. Smits will be required to be avaliable for only a few days of filming, either this summer in Australia where a significant portion of Episode Two will be shot, or later in the year when Smits can perform his part when his schedule allows for it. If we were to compare the probable amount of screen time Smits' Star Wars character will have in Episode Two, we'd liken it to the number of scenes Samuel L. Jackson appeared in Episode One. (Please note that this does not mean Smits' character will be a Jedi like Jackson's -- all we're doing is comparing the amount of screen time the character will have!)

What's very interesting is the fact that Smits has been promised his character's part will be significantly expanded in Episode Three; again, very similar in nature to Jackson's role as Jedi Master Mace Windu in Star Wars, Episode Two which Lucas has said is an "emerging character". The nature of Smits' character and the name of this new Star Wars individual are presently unknown at this time.

Now we all know by now that Lucas is mining discarded story elements from his early drafts of Star Wars for the prequel trilogy, so chances are pretty good that we'll see the lava planet in Episode III. The question is, will it be introduced as Anakin's home after his turn towards the Dark Side, or merely the locale for the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin? PICTURE

And Mace's death? Think about it

Episode 3 will be shot in Sydney, starting June 2003.

"E! Daily News" interviewed Star Wars creator George Lucas and finally got an answer on the mystery surrounding what R2-D2 and C-3PO should and shouldn't remember of their adventures in the prequels. A slight SPOILER warning is given for what Lucas had to say...

"Well, one, his brains have, his memory system has been erased and so has R2's. So, they don't remember anything from the first trilogy. I'm telling you something from Episode III, but I shouldn't be telling you that, but I think most of the fans already know that."

Will Qui-Gon be back in Episode III? If you ask actor Liam Neeson what the chances are, he's likely to play a Jedi mind trick on you. When Sci-Fi Wire asked him if he'd be back in SW3, Neeson ducked the question by answering "I can't answer that. The Jedi code of ethics."
  7. LauedGiind Jedi Knight

star 2
    Definately sounds like Liam will be coming back for Ep III.

I was watching Star Wars last Sunday. When I was watching it, I noticed that Luke did not state which planet that R-2 and Threepio were on. It was during Threepio's oil bath when Threepio states that "As a matter of fact, I'm not sure which planet I'm on." Luke states, "That if there was a bright center of the universe you on the planet furthest from" (I tried to remember the direct quote but I know I didn't get it- forgive me please!!!). This could still give room to Lucas to not have their memory erased. However, it would make me wonder why they would not remember being at the Larr's homestead. But as I pointed out, there is always a possibility that George could change his mind and not erase their memories.
  8. Skywalker1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    DailyRecord.Co.Uk has indicated the following Vader casting rumor in its showbiz gossip section:

LOU FERRINGO, who played The Hulk in the Eighties, is rumoured to have won the part of Darth Vader in next year's Star Wars Episode III - but only his body. Star Wars veteran James Earl Jones will return as the voice.

We are having a lot of fun with the new ARC troopers, which are elite commando units of clone troopers. They're all... well, more cool.
  9. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    About Jimmy Smits from nypd blue he plays Bail Organa(Leias adopted father) in episode 2 and three and i think as far as episode 3 goes i like the lava idea but also theres still room for the falling into lava one cuase with bacta and synth flesh they can do a lot just as long as it doesnt cook him still leaning more to the pouring idea though i like it also what do you all think about Josh (from the force.net) idea about fire and ice like as the battle on the lava planet rages its like snowing i personally like that idea and hope it come true i guess there was a roumer about a snow fight with sabers i donno but either way i think a snow fight would be cool also i have to disagree with the junk suit idea.

Forcebewitya!
  10. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    :eek:

That is one heck of a run-on sentence! Dude, punctuation is your friend.
  11. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    NO Doubt!! And that post was hard to read cause the grammer was HORRENDOUS!!(if that's a word) :eek:
  12. ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yeah Tracy, that's a word.
  13. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, and it's spelled C-O-R-R-E-C-T-L-Y. Note the period and comma that I've employed in my post thus far. Pardon me if this sounds like a flame, forcebewitya, but I liken your writing style to a staph infection: It won't kill us, but it will make us wish we were dead. I'm sure you're a fully functioning member of society. As such, if you have anything to add to these boards, please do so in a manner that is legible, if nothing else.

Thank you kindly.
  14. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Plese lurn to spel rite. Tank u.
  15. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    And we wonder why people stop posting. It's all good Forcebewitya. You're going to have to excuse the incredible anal grammar/spellcheckers around here. They sometimes forget that some folks don't type, spell, or write as good as they do and they tend not to be a forgiving lot about the whole thing. I got what you meant, I'll admit it took a read through or two but I got it.

M
  16. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Yes, please refrain from the grammar attacks, as we all probalby have had issues with finger to keyboard coordination. Slam his content, not the presentation. At least he didn't type it in all caps.

...but sersiously, man, proofreading...it's a necessary life skill...look into it. ;)

As far as snowing on a volcano...I'm always wary of SW speculation that starts with "Wouldn't it be cool if....". I'm pretty sure the "lava fight" will occur in the bowels of Coruscant in a similar fashion to the old McQuarrie painting conceptualizing the Emperor's throne room before it was moved to the DS2.
  17. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would maintain that one cannot extract a clear idea from a post if one cannot understand it. One does not need to be a grammar and spelling snob (which I certainly appear to be), but it would be nice to read about other folks' ideas and be able to make heads or tails of them. I certainly don't discourage anyone from posting, I just want to understand the posts! That said, I think we're all in for a great ride--Lucas knows about all the speculation, and I'm sure that he won't disappoint us regarding crucial fight sequences. My favorite duel has always been Darth Maul vs. Obi Wan & Qui Gon, but I have a feeling that will be replaced by whatever huge fight takes place in EP3. I just hope it's not as over-the-top as the Yoda vs. Dooku fight was.
  18. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I think the Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan will be the end all of light saber fights...I'm hoping for flashy moments like the Ep1 duel, but I hope the talking and taunting, etc. draws it out in a similar fashion to the extensive Vader Vs. Luke duel in ESB.

Other battles will have to include:

- Mace dying (either in saber combat (hopefully) or in battle)
    - Dooku dying (I'm guessing against Anakin)
    - Space Battle (rumored to be a huge one to start the movie off with, being the last battle of the Clone Wars)

There's a lot to fit in to Ep3, and that's not even including the Padme baby tangent.
  19. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ditto what Bwing said.
  20. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, that is a huge truth, Lucas has a WHOLE lot to get into Ep. 3. As much as I'm looking forward to it, I really hope he doesn't screw it up!! I mean besides all the "loose ends" he needs to tie up, he better remember the story and not get all hyped up on CGI and special effects that he loses the story. As Sebulba said, I hope all those mentioned fights show up, but with the story behind them. Know what I mean?
  21. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, alright settle down, gosh your worse than my english teacher. Usually when people talk on-line they dont use all the puncuation but really, if its that big of a fricken deal to you all, I will use some good grammer, anyway just get over the grammer, and look at the actual post.

Thank you,

(notice the use of punctuation)

Forcebewitya!
  22. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    lol...first thing I thought of was SNL's "Simma'down now"...which is appropriate. Playing nice is a two-way street....let's all just move along.

Will Shredder aka Cobra Commander Battle Armor aka "Durge" the new bounty hunter villian from the Clone Wars Multimedia Extravaganza be in Ep3? I for one hope not.
  23. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Agreed. He looks like an EU/Comic Book cast-off to me. I think we've done the whole bounty hunter thing to death by now. Just toy fodder is all--no time for new characters!
  24. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    Alright... Good God People. Let's settle down. Grammar is important- but I don't want to scare anymore new fans away.

He's excited, and young- trying to get his words out- I for one am not great at typing or spelling...but I can sure talk a blue streak. So....here is the big guy saying-calm down!

Now as for the post...true many things will happen, but remember we won't really be able to tell much until someone steals a script...so about July we should know everything! If things follow as usual.

A snow planet would be great. True he's already done it once, but since Lucas tends to copy everything from himself, I suspect nothing less.

The big deal for me is if they show Palpatine declaring himself Emperor- and thus declaring an Empire!

How would he do this? With troops? With a surprise in the senate? Who know's.

There is my rant and post for the day!

Eric
  25. REBADAMS7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Without the Jedi to protect the "Senate" - Palpatine can declare himself Emperor.....
    perhaps..... (How many days?)
    Reb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.