main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Marty_McFly, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty_McFly

Marty_McFly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Before i start on about Episode 3, I thought I'd say a bit about AOTC. I've already seen it twice, and hope to again. There was one small bit that no-one seemed to notice; when we see Anakin slaughter the Tuskens, it cuts to Yoda. We then hear Qui Gon shout "Anakin, Anakin", which sounds like it was cut from TPM when he shouts "Anakin, Drop".

Anyway, I have really been thinking about Episode 3. Having loved all of the other movies, yes, even TPM, I can't wait for its release.
    I was curious which time it would be set in though; there are 20 years between AOTC and ANH, and in ANH, Luke and Leia appeared to be 18(ish). This would mean that, if we are to see the birth of them, Episode 3 would need to be set only 2 years after AOTC.

Let me know what you think.

2. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Apparently, Lucas has stated that there's a strong reason why we hear Qui-Gon yelling "Anakin" at that point, which will be explained in E3.

3. Darth-Vega

Darth-Vega Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2001
    You are not alone, I heard that too :)
    It's the scene where it cuts from the Tusken slaughter to Yoda, and what I "think" I heard was Qui Jonn saying : "Anakin, Anakin" and then "NOOOO" which I think was Anakin's voice.
    This I think will be eluded too in Episode 3 because Yoda's reaction was something like "What this means..." or something.
    It may even have some connection with Anakin's statement during the confession scene : "One day I will even learn how to stop people from dying"
    Strange and interesting this mystery is :D

As for Episode 3...my guess it begins around 4 years after the events we see in AOTC.
    As to whether Luke and Leia will already be born when the new film starts, I have no idea

4. JAMIE1138

JAMIE1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    here's one to mull over...
    that geonosian thing gives DOOKU the death star plans which eventually 'fall' into the hands of the rebel alliance.
    i think DOOKU has more than a hand in that sequence of events.
    but hey,what do i know.

5. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    It is Qui Gon shouting. It says that in the book.

6. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    TPM was 32 years before ANH. AotC hence is 22 years before ANH. I think Luke/Leia were meant to be 16-17 in ANH (yeah I know they look old but go figure), so this puts EP3 about 5 years after AotC in my book...

7. AFIdude666

AFIdude666 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2001
    GREAT SCOTT MARTY!!!

8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    ep.III is set 2 years after AOTC.

Funny how only those who are mentors to The Chosen One (Qui-Gonn, Obi-Wan and Yoda) manage to come back after they die. It's as though the force is using them to guide him ;) .

9. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    oooh, good theory COJ.

10. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    // writes down COJ's theory

// makes mental note to pass it off as own at later date

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    oooh, good theory COJ.

Like all the best ones...

...I stole it from someone else :) .

12. Arun Dale

Arun Dale Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 21, 1999
    Arun has a theroy...

Do you think it's a remote possiblity that Anakin is even more of nut-job in episode 3

13. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Of course he's a nut job, he turns into Vader!

14. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    No doubt with plenty of prodding from Palpatine...

15. jinky32

jinky32 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2002
    Yeah COJ, wasn't it that fat guys theory?

I can't get away from Anakin's line about being powerful enough to stop people dying and the jedi reappearances after death.

The main problem is that he says this line `after' QGJ has called out from beyond the grave.

Oh well, in time honoured scientific tradition I shall simply manipulate the facts in order to get them to suit my theory.

16. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    Or it could refer to him somehow staying alive after being twatted by Obi-Wan in EP3...

17. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    a great theory I read from Chyren ages ago about episode 3 is that Vader hunts down Obi Wan and allows him to live. Giving him certain conditions and such. Kinda one final act of good from him.

I can't remember enough of the theory to do it justice but it involved Vader knowing about Luke and all sorts.

Twas pretty good.

18. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Yeah, I heard that a while ago. It would fit in with Vader's "you should not have come back" line in ANH, and his apparently knowing Luke is his son.

19. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    nope, no final act of mercy. Otherwise Obi Wan would not believe he couldn't be turned back to the light side in ROTJ.

To allow a final act of mercy would imply that he was reedemable.

20. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Is it actually confirmed that EP3 is taking place 2 years after EP2?

Cuz one of my theories is:

EP2 is 10 years after EP1. It takes 10 years to grow a full grown clone. If EP3 is set 5 years after EP2, all those half grown clones that we saw will be ready.

Also...that 3PO becomes R2s bitch!

LOL

21. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    i reckon it will be 2 years myself, mainly cos it will just be about the time that luke and leia are about to be born so he will know he is ment to be having a kid but he will turn before they are born so they can be hidden. This is why in ROTJ he doesn't know about lukes sister.

22. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    I've already explained above why I think it will be 5 years... though Cass' theory would also tie into it...

23. MaceWindy

MaceWindy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2000
    Here are my theories or what I would like to see.

Timeline is of no consequence to me, but i believe Padme will be heavily pregnant at the start of the movie.

The death of his mother may be enough for Anakin to vow never to return to Tatooine, but Anakin will return to Tatooine one final time where he do something that will cause Owen to seriously dislike him, I don't think killing the Tusken Raiders was really enough as everybody hates them, so why would he be afraid that Luke has to much of his fatehr in him. Something that Anakin is disgraced by like killing Lars Snr will happen and he will vow to never return. Allowing Ob-WAn to live there and of course Luke.

Mace Windu- 2 theories here, the first being that he is disintigrated by Bobba Fett, the second being that he turns to the Dark Side and is killed in the cave of the dark side on Dagobah by Yoda, perhaps he could be the Jedi who deletes files.

I would like to see Palpatine call the Jedi Council to his office, where he reveals himself to be Sidious and the Crimson Guard attack and display there sith powers, where only Yoda manages to escape.

I would also like to see a battle take place on the early stages of the Death Star (Which Commander Tarkin is overseeing), Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Dooku with the Emperor in tow, fighting it out. Count Dooku reveals that actually he set up Padmes death by having Aurra Sing wound her, allowing her to be captured, a battle ensues, with the Emperor telling Anakin to give in to his hate, Anakin sends Dooku in to a fiery grave, Obi-WAn tries to calm him down, but turns on him with the help of Palpatines Goading, obi-Wan pushes anakin into the same place as Dooku, collects Anakins fallen Lightsabre and heads for the hills. We see the Emperor use the force to lift somebodies charred remains from the fire.

Prior to this battle Padme had given birth to luke, which Anakin witnessed, but they were called away to the battle previously mentioned, Obi-Wan rushes in Padme shows him the second child. Obi-WAn explains that Anakin is dead (using his usual mistruths explains that it was Palpatine that caused it.) he says they must hide the children, Padme agrees, Obi-Wan takes Luke, leaving Padme with an irrepairable broken heart as she sets off to Alderran with Bail Organa.

And I won't even mention my Padme=Mon Mothma theory for fear of flaming.

24. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Cripes...I never thought of that: Padmé = Mon Mothma.

Most probably pants but sounds good.

25. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Do not believe that Obi-Wan did not actually believe Vader could be turned. He did (i Think....)

Luke though is a bit like his daddy - rebelious. Tell him Vader cannot be turned and, well, - he's gonna try and prove you wrong ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.