main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 3's Effect on the Saga (SPOILER FREE)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by mrfootball, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Hey guys

I noticed a similiar thread like this, except with spoilers. I just want one without the fear of spoilers :-D

2. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Yeah when Episode III hits, it will have an effect on the entire saga.

That's about all I can say without getting into spoilers.

3. The_Resident

The_Resident Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm hoping it'll give another layer of depth to the OT and add some meaning to a lot of the seemingly useless scenes of the PT.

4. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::I'm hoping it'll give another layer of depth to the OT and add some meaning to a lot of the seemingly useless scenes of the PT.

OK.

Before this thread dies instantly: Such 'useless scenes' as...?

5. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I can say that Ep. 3 will have elements of the first two but connection with the last 3. By Ep. III, there will be a balance (pun intended).

Things will be much more clarified and much less talk of separate trilogies.

I'd like to add, Obi Wan mentioned "civilized age" in EP. IV. Well I think the first two showed remnants of that. We see saw with Dooku, how he talks, when he's polite he sounds like it, but what is hidden is his deception. He seemed "civilized" - "how nice of you to join us", "I will ...a petition to have you set free", "you have fought galantly". etc etc.

So what we had, was the opportunity to witness is how things had started to dwindle. How chaos slowly but surely dismantled the Galaxy. Everything that transpired in the first 3 eps. "service" what happens later. Albeit with a few changes for the latter.

So in short, Ep. III eventually will have a "righten" feeling to the Saga.

6. Rintrah

Rintrah Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2005
    Ep. III will provide the SW saga with a sense of semantic contiguity, a feeling that many SW fans (including The_Resident, apparently) have found to be lacking in the prequels thus far. The PT has provided many variations on the symbolic content of the OT, offered many metaphoric allusions and intertextual echoes of themes and signs that are familiar in the GFFA. But so far the narrative is simply incomplete. Without the birth of Darth Vader ("the moment" of the PT) all the metaphor in the world cannot unite the SW saga into a coherent whole.

7. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    On the very basic level, and I'm being spoiler free, just the fact that Lucas has said on 60 Minutes and in Vanity Fair that we get to see hell (Hades), ROTS is going to have a profound affect on the saga and I think just because we all want to see the fall of Anakin and how he becomes Vader.

And because I've been pretty much spoiler free, I've been enjoying watching the OT and just speculating on how things will come together. I can't wait to watch them again after seeing ROTS. Oh man, see Vader in ANH, I'm giddy just thinking about it.

8. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    :::Ep. III will provide the SW saga with a sense of semantic contiguity, a feeling that many SW fans (including The_Resident, apparently) have found to be lacking in the prequels thus far.

Yes.

Even now, 3 years out from AOTC, I can not fully see the real significance of the connections between (I won't say "the OT and the PT", because that's a load of BS) the five Star Wars films.

The ROTS trailers have (and it is their sole purpose) allowed me to see *some* of the connections; and the 60 Minutes interview a lot more that I would have liked to see, between EP II, and Ep IV.

Regardless, I've never been this excited/filled with dread to see a SW movie.

I mean, I keep asking myself questions like:

Whose 'point of view' will I relate more to in "the duel": Anakin's, or Obi-Wan's?

Will I cry at some point for someone I didn't expect to cry for?

These are deep questions.

I can't wait to find out!!!

9. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I believe that Ep.III will be the best, and not to mention the most dramatic, of the prequels. I doubt it will be regarded as better than the OT, because the OT are classics (that's all you need to know). But I definitely know that it will be amazing. All my friends and are eagerly awaiting opening night!

(Erin Go Braugh! [face_good_luck] )

10. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    If there's one aspects of the Star Wars movies that Ep. III will impact it will probably be our outlook and understanding of the Dark Side of the Force. Lucas never really extrapolates on it in the movies besides it's generally bad. It will be interesting to see specifically how Palpatine manages to convert Anakin and under what pretences.

11. openmind

Jan 23, 2003
    If there's one aspects of the Star Wars movies that Ep. III will impact it will probably be our outlook and understanding of the Dark Side of the Force

Good call! We'll probably understand much more clearly why the Jedi can't see through the Darkside. Im sure we'll then look back at the previous eps. and see it developing.

12. orangefuzz

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm not sure if the trailer counts as spoiler material or not but... ahhh I probably shouldn't mention it just in case. But yeah I am looking forward to gaining some interesting insight into the dark side.

13. openmind

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm not sure if the trailer counts as spoiler material or not but... ahhh

I think I know what you mean :D

14. orangefuzz

Feb 21, 2003
    Oh yes, most definitley. All I'll say is that Palps is a cool guy :D

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I'm just hoping that it's a kick-ass movie that ties the two trilogies together...My answer in a nutshell! :p

16. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    i am fairly unspoiled for ep3 but from what i have gathered so far, grievious sort of goes against the previous unsaid "law" in star wars that only jedi & sith fight with lightsabers.

also, i have seen pictures of him with blue & green lightsabers from the jedi he has killed.

do any of u think it devalues a jedi's ability or the force to have a non-force sensitive creature able to use lightsabers so effectively?

also it just looks plain wrong a "bad guy" using blue/green lightsabers, although i suppose it does foreshadow anakin using a blue lightsaber even though he is evil.

any comments on this???

17. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I personally hate that Grievous can use a saber without the Force.

18. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    I think it will give you an entirely different view on characters such as Darth vader, Bail Organa, Palpatine, Chewbacca and Yoda.

-S-

19. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    "I personally hate that Grievous can use a saber without the Force."

me too, it is the one thing about ep3 im disappointed about so far

i think it devalues the ideas of jedi & sith

20. kainangmar

kainangmar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    "I hate that Grievous can use a lightsaber without the force"

The force does not control a lightsaber, it enhances one's ability to use one. Grievous might not fight as well as others because he can't use the force. He has green and Blue blades because he took them from Jedi he has slain. I think Grievous is a welcome change to the movies. He is awesome looking, he has an intriguing past, and he is a much better villian then Dooku.

21. DarthWolvo23

Jan 30, 2005
    no way

dooku has the most intriguing past of any of the bad guys

it is much more interesting to have a bad guy who turned from the light side for his own his reasons than a part machine cyborg created to be evil & designed to sell toys

22. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    It can be said that everything will fall into place.

All the questions will be answered.

23. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    The force does not control a lightsaber, it enhances one's ability to use one. Grievous might not fight as well as others because he can't use the force.

of course, he has an advantage (more organs to hold it)

24. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Count Dooku is beyond Grievous in many ways. Ofcourse Grievous is a bizar twist to the story, but he has learned all his lightsaber skills from Tyranus himself. He's just one of evil's henchmen. Maybe he's even more loyal to Tyranus then to Sidious if he even knows who Sidious is.

-S-

25. kainangmar

kainangmar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Labyrinth of evil answers whether or not Grievous knows Sidious. I'll admit that Grievous sells toys. Little kids become enthralled with Sith Lords and Bounty hunters, Boba Fett was my idol as a child. Dooku's past is intriguing, but i still like Grievous' better. Grievous is more than just a cyborg. He has deep, personal reasons for hating the Jedi and the Republic. Plus, he's bound to be more entertaining than an old(albeit healthy and powerful) man who just spouts about the corruption of Republic. As for being a henchman, both Dooku and Grievous are being deceived by Sidious, it's quite obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.