main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode .5 ... real or rumor?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by Illd_Saber, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    Anybody else seen this:

George Lucas is set to make another 'Star Wars' movie after promising fans the latest instalment would be the last.

The director is reportedly planning a seventh sequel of the popular sci-fi series after telling friends he wants to develop the story further.

Lucas has already outlined the plot of the as-yet untitled movie, which will take place 100 years before current film 'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith'.

A movie insider said: "George believes there are even more stories to tell.

"His latest idea would feature an almost all-new cast, apart from the Jedi master Yoda, who would be the hero of the new movie."

Lucas's plan is sure to excite 'Star Wars' fans as the tiny green character is a cult hero among devotees.

In the saga, Yoda, voiced by Frank Oz, famously trained Jedi knight Luke Skywalker to defeat evil villain Darth Vader.

However, a spokesperson for the movie-maker refused to confirm the plans.

2. qcJediJes

qcJediJes Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Yeah, I had heard about that. The original report popped up over at cinescape.com. In that report, it was mentioned that it would take place 800 years before "The Phantom Menace." Moviehole.net then copied that report with a typo: 88 years. Which is why all the newer versions of the report are saying 100 years.

Personally, I don't believe we'll see it in live-action, unless it turns out to be a series of TV movies. I could very well see Lucas doing it as a completely CGI movie with Lucasfilm's new animation division. What better way to kick off that department than by having its inaugural movie be a Star Wars flick?

3. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    << Shakes head and begins to sob >>

4. redhed14

redhed14 Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2004
    Actually, I remember when I was a kid hearing the the whole story was really a 9 piece deal and that IV, V, and VI were the middle of the saga. I also read in a review by Roger Ebert that Lucas told him that there still are more stories locked up in his head, but he's not sure he'll ever make anything out of them. Ebert seemed to think that 20th Century Fox would put a great deal of pressure on him to Make Star Wars VII, VII, and IX because of the tremendous cash cow that Star Wars has become.
    I however, don't really see where the story goes from there... I mean, there seems to be some real closure to the series at the end of Jedi. But what do I know? I'm just some guy who likes watching the movies...

5. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    I wonder what kinda pressure 20th Century Fox can put on him. They dont own any of the rights. All they can do is beg for him to do more movies.

6. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    NO! NO! NO! NO!

THERE WILL NEVER BE A ANOTHER STAR WARS!!! EVER!!!!

Lucas even said so himself at SWCIII NO MORE!! EVER!! Get over it, Star Wars?@is dead...

7. darth_Doh

darth_Doh Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2003
    BLAM
    Oh sorry just had to shoot it twitched a little, now Star Wars is dead.

Wait. Wait. Whats this, Oh god its standing back up again.
    BLAM BLAM BLAM

It wont go down.

BLAM BLAM CLICK

It just wont end!

8. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    There's this site called theforce.net (heard of it?) and even they're "cautiously" reporting it: http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Lucas_Talks_PreEpsiode_I_Movie_92964.asp

Can't blame a guy for hoping ...

9. Darth_Neckless

Darth_Neckless Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    steve i hate to be the bearer of bad news but saying there will never be another star wars movie is a little naive.....i'm not saying that lucas will make it himself but he does have kids and someone will buy the rights to the movies after georgie boy kicks the bucket...the fact is that he's right it is a huge cash cow.....plus lucas has to say there will never be another right now cause if he doesnt he'll be painting himself into a corner....anyways thats just my humble opinion..

10. qcJediJes

qcJediJes Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Lucas has a way of saying one thing and then doing another.

Like the changes that were made for the DVD release of the trilogy. Lucasfilm denied them left and right, until the DVD was actually released.

Shoot, I remember reading an interview about four or five years ago in which Lucas and McCallum were asked about the possibilty of Star Wars going to TV and they said it would never happen - that Star Wars was a theatrical experience. Now there's that live action TV show in the works.

Sometimes, I think Lucas just gives certain answers so he doesn't have to keep dealing with all the questions from the media and fanboys like us.

11. Equinn_Ankh

Equinn_Ankh Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh, he's got to be getting tired . . .

I wouldn't mind it, but, I'm voting it's just a rumor.

12. xIntoxicationx

xIntoxicationx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    If anything the "new episode" is probably the upcoming tv show, but that's taking place between 3-4

13. xIntoxicationx

xIntoxicationx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    Lucas even said so himself, there would never be starwars dvd's , lucas even said so himself, there would never be any more starwars after rotj...

14. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    I meet Lucas, Trust me on this, there will never be another SW movie. The TV show is still in the works and may not even happen, the only think new for star wars is The Clone Wars 3D show, which we have all ready seen before.

Let Star Wars DIE ! ! !

Its dead for me once you let go of it the better off you will be.

Besides the QCJO as a "whole group" is dead.

15. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    How do you mean this?

16. YUCreespaGreedo

YUCreespaGreedo Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Tim Taylor lays down the 2x4 he was going to bonk Al with, and grunts, "HUHH??"

Steve. Saying Star Wars is dead, and the group as a whole?!

All I can say is, "if is so prophesied, so mote it be."

Remember though, the adventure continue in novel form,and on video/DVD. Enjoy the adventures for what they are.

To any interested, though I will not simply stump for, nor "pimp," for the other scifi groups I am part of...I will in general say you need to go outside the box sometimes to realize it may be a bit too small.

If you know me, aka qcjo_orion_guy or quadcityteecee1, You know I stand in enthused point of view for contiuing shared comraderie and group interest. The area needs a strong group in the public eye showing what it is to be scifi fans. If you are wanting to, check out the links to these groups I belong to in the old page, or PM me for info under YUCreespaGreedo if any of you are sincerely interested in furthering your interest in Star Wars, or scifi in general.

That invite goes for all of us, Steve and Chris included.

Let's get back to basics and show what the "force" of fandom is really about.

Till later--YUCreespaGreedo/TeeCee.

17. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Whats this I hear the Order is dead well that new to me. Well even if the order is dead thats not stopping me from liking the Star Wars sagas I'm in the process of building my own R2-D2 functional unit. I've started constuction of the R2 unit which is looking like it will be able to go from three leg to two leg and be able to move around. So I hope that the order is not completely dead but it was fun while it lasted.

18. YUCreespaGreedo

Apr 22, 2005
    Lance--

I second your emotions there, my good man. No sour grapes, pointing of fingers or blame game here...I think if change must come, trying something new can benefit anyone. I am having a blast with the groups I am in, and encourage all to keep Lance's example in mind as we find other Star Wars and general scifi things to do.

Hoping to hear from any QCJO vets sometime--TeeCee.

19. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    The Jedi have been purged!From here out,all Jedi are traitors of the Republic. Wipe them out, all of them!

Have a Happy Empire Day!!!!

20. jedimartymcfly

jedimartymcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    if another starwars is done it'll be another 15 yrs. like what George did with the first trilogy.

21. YUCreespaGreedo

Apr 22, 2005
    Addenda, from scifi.com, 08-02-05:

Lucas Details TV Plans

Star Wars creator George Lucas told a conference that he will turn his attentions more to television projects, including two Star Wars-themed series, Variety reported. Lucas made the comments in a keynote talk at the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference and trade show. "My life's too short to become a film studio," he reportedly said.

Lucas added: "Lucasfilm is going more into television, but it's not a vision I'm running, either as executive producer or by laying out the groundwork."

The first series is a 3-D animated Clone Wars series that will be made at Lucas Animation's Singapore facility. He said he'll start scouring Asia for talent and try to build up 3-D animation there. In his proposed Star Wars live-action series, he said: "We're going do something that would normally cost [$20 million-$30 million] and try to do it for $1 million." Lucas said he'll shoot the series on a Sony digital camera system that anyone can buy at an electronics store.

---I think there may be more Star Wars in the works...You Think?:)

Till later--

22. TT_Boy

Feb 13, 2004
    he well do a "Young Indy" type show in 2007 but only Star Wars. As far as Movies there will NEVER BE ANOTHER "NEW" movie, he may put them back in the theaters but never a new movie. Also I think doing another clone wars is dumb, I would like to see "Drodies" come back.

23. YUCreespaGreedo

Apr 22, 2005
    I would like to see a live-action version of Droids--but how to explain how Threepio and Artoo were given by Yoda to Captain Mantilles but ended up, in the 'toon, with that speederbike racing, landspeeder crashing young guy? And then end up with Mantilles again before EpIV: ANH? It would be interesting to say the least.--Till later--

24. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    uuuugggggh-not another release of the Trilogy on DVD!

25. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Look, 1st of all I am not sure if people still use this topic. 2nd I am not sure what George is cooking up but I read a quote from George Lucas saying: "There will be no more Star Wars movies. Episodes 1-6 were all based on one person. Darth Vader." That may not be an exact quote but that is mainly what he said. But reading what everyone has typed here about George saying that he won't do one thing and he does, means that maybe there will be another Star Wars movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.