main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I wonder what he got right and what he got wrong.

Satipo likes this.
  2. Castiel

Castiel Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Sounds like a stupid plot, then again this is all fake.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I liked how in the EU Luke's hand never gets to Cloud City's/Bespin's atmosphere and instead is recovered by the Skywalkers.

Castiel likes this.
  4. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I'm watching Conan right now and this story is part of his opening monologue. Not kidding.

Lurknomore and Dra--- like this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I disagree. As Qui-Gon said about his meeting Anakin..."It was the Will of the Force". Daisy is related (an Orphan...perhaps Luke has been looking for her for 25 years) and Luke's lightsaber was meant to fall into her hands, if the rumor is true.

TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    what does he say?

7. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I can't wait until we can look back on this rumor and laugh.

I mean, I'm laughing already, but it's an uneasy kinda laugh. The kind that's laced with a feeling of "OMFG, please don't be true….."

8. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
  9. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Sure! Still cooler than a stormie. I don't want a hero that can't shoot straight! :D

Castiel likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  11. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women?

Oh, wait... THAT Conan.

12. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    This Devin bloke just tweeted again:

"Last thing: all of the stuff my sources tell me - published and otherwise - has me excited about EPISODE VII for the first time."

"@jonathancovey and it's a mystery story with a legit mystery: what happened to Luke? Where is he? That's intriguing."

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    what?

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's pretty bad that he has to insult people he's never met just because they don't like his rumor. Says a lot about you Devin and nothing about us. :)

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It is Jet Li's hand. Jet Li is playing Boba Fett. The hand falls onto Jedi Knights the Backstreet Boys. This will all be narrated by Charlton Heston who is now voicing Yoda.

#LegitScoopsFrom15YearsAgo

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Claire1976 and Yanksfan like this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I loved it so much I retweeted it.

18. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    I like the meta aspect of this: in real life, fans have been wondering for thirty years what happened to Luke and what further adventures he may have had after the end of ROTJ. If Devin is correct, it will be a mystery in the story, too.

Immortiss, Dra--- and TK327 like this.
  19. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    I thought he hated Star Wars.

20. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Based on the very, very sketchy information we have, the more I think about this film, the more it seems like Star Trek: Generations. Here are some similarities:

1. The opening shot shows an ill-defined object spinning through space. After a few seconds, we (the audience) realise it is something unexpected (a champagne bottle in Star Trek, a decapitated hand in SW7).

2. The villain has a weapon that can destroy an entire solar system (the trilithium torpedo in Star Trek: Generations and this new weapon in SW7.)

3. Soran was obsessed with immortality (which he felt he could achieve via gaining access to the Nexus. If the popular theory is true and Plagueis is the master villain behind events in SW7, we know from Revenge of the Sith that he, too, was obsessed with immortality.

4. Both Star Trek: Generations and SW7 will be about a changing of the guard, with young and old cast intermingled.

5. Again, this is just conjecture but one popular suspicion is that Luke or Han will die at the end of SW7. Likewise, Kirk died at the end of Generarions, making way for the new generation.

Gallandro likes this.
  21. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    He does.

Edit: Sorry - this was in reply to Visitant.

22. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Well, the best thing to do is write serious and thoughtful posts here to prove him wrong. Lots of people will be coming to visit this forum based on his rumours and probably on the basis of that post as well, so undertake some thoughtful analysis and show him up.

Abadacus likes this.
  23. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    Aw, man, not Generations... That doesn't bode well.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "People don't like what I posted, I'll call them dumb to make myself feel better!"

I actually don't have a strong opinion about the legitimacy of what he posted either way, but I do think if he's just slagging off on TFN forums then he's a fairly clearly being a petulant douche for no other reason than to be a petulant douche.

On the flipside, "Just visited the forums at http://TheForce.net . The actual dumbest people alive post there. - BadassDigestGuy" would make a hellova quote for the masthead.

Adi_Gallia_9 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Actually a blend of Generations and Search for Spock.

Echo Base likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.