main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    Even better! :p

TK327 and Echo Base like this.
  2. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Hopefully the execution will be much, much better.

The details we have are so sketchy, though, that is just pure conjecture on my part, of course. The similarities do seem rather striking to me based on the few crumbs of data we have, though.

UPDATE: True. I hadn't thought of Search for Spock. Maybe it is even drawing on the European myth of the "once and future king" where Arthur/Barbarossa/Charlemagne is missing yet will return during his people's darkest hour from Avalon (in the case of Arthur) or from a cavern inside a mountain (in the case of Barbarossa and Charlemagne.)

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It'll bring people here at least..............

4. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Anyone else feel like starting a petition asking Disney to name EP7 The Missing Hand ???

After reading the majority of these posts, I'll probably end up looking for a floating hand during the movie...

5. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    If I can be naughty just once, I really hope Luke does turn out to be married in this film. Because if he has no wife and no hand, he is going to be one very frustrated galactic hero...

6. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done... :D

Lord Tuvitor, Visitant and Echo Base like this.
  7. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Episode VII: Dude, where is Luke's hand?

8. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Maybe the reason he has been missing these thirty years is because he is on an extended honeymoon with a "Do not disturb" sign on he and his wife's hotel room door...

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Episode VII: Hand Job.;)

10. Visitant

Jun 20, 2014
    This thread is getting too silly. Let's get serious and go back to discussing the hand falling from the sky. :p

11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  12. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Am I the only one who's completely unaffected about this guy calling us "the dumbest people alive"? If anything, I think it's kinda hilarious. WTF do I care what this guy thinks? Until yesterday, I had never even heard of him.

13. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    My prediction of what he got right? That Han, Chewie, Luke and characters played by Daisy and John are in the film.
    Everything ele? Wild Mass Guessing with the hope that just enough sticks that people won't remember that he got 50-75% of it wrong.

14. Visitant

Jun 20, 2014
    Well, I for one am greatly relieved that this Star Wars-hating troll has apparently given Episode VII his stamp of approval! :p

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. And that might bring new people here, giving us more exposure.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Devin Faraci is also in Jodorowsky's Dune, an excellent documentary that actually shows how an unproduced adaptation of Dune in the 70s went on to influence Alien, Star Wars, Raiders, Flash Gordon, more. Also, since he's started throwing around insults, the documentary also reveals that Devin has incredibly comically small stubby fingers.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  17. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    More tweets from Devin and friends:

steven martini ‏@stevenmartini 2h
    @devincf this story info seems to undermine everything that mattered in the original trilogy. Much like the prequels did. That excites you?

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 2h
    @stevenmartini it doesn't undermine anything.​

Ryan Croft ‏@ryan_j_croft 37m
    @devincf How excited are you for Episode VII on a scale from 1-10, knowing what your sources tell you?​

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 37m
    @ryan_j_croft like a 7​

18. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I personally dont think this rumor is true at all. Who is this Dan guy? And has he been credible in the past? We have heard so many rumors that turned out to be false and said to be from "inside sources" This could totally be false and be the same crap again and again.I dont see how this guy is any different.i am waiting for someone to debunk this. I don't buy it. Not saying its not possible but for a movie of this caliber and this is ALL that they come up with with a huge creative team? I just do not see it happening and i am calling BS.​

19. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    As with all these rumours 100% accuracy is very unlikely. If he's been corrected on some aspects, that's no bad thing and I can see him writing a follow up with those corrections - will they be right? Who knows at this stage? If I had to guess as to what is accurate?

The JB as Stormtrooper stuff, and the quest for Luke triggered by the lightsaber somehow. Possibly the super weapon. I think he was most likely off on Tatooine not being the desert planet and possibly anything that got more detailed - ie the exact way the hand played out for example.

I think the buzz re JB and the characters will have been spot on.

20. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    What I find interesting is that the official X-Wing Mk.II video came out the same day (and perhaps even after) this rumor was posted.
    Remember how immediately after the bunch of leaked set pictures went public on the internet, including the Millennium Falcon pictures, JJ posted the Dejarik table ?

Immortiss likes this.
  21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    They would have released around then anyway I think - it's the final push for donations

22. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002

Boyega enters interior and finds LUKE SKYWALKER in the kitchen .... cooking eggs.

LUKE: Use the Force .... to pass me the oregano.

Boyega looks on dumbstruck

Aaaaaaand, end scene.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  23. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    What bothers me is not the physics defying hand and sabre or even the kids-returning-lost-property quest, but the fact that Luke and Han are not buddies, hanging out post ROTJ but instantly lost contact.

That's sad. It makes ROTJ not a 'happy ever after' ending.

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I actually kind-of-like that implication.

25. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, happy endings are not great for drama. I like the idea of episode VII opening with lots of questions - questions the movie would then go on to answer (satisfyingly one would hope).

I find it interesting that not many want to think: OK, if that is the case...

Why?
    How?
    What happened after ROTJ after that happy ending that left the galaxy and these characters in such a state?

Because IF there is truth to these rumours, those are exactly the kind of issues the film will be dealing with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.