main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    JJ says he agrees with the '4 Rules' YouTube video. One of the rules is "The setting is the frontier." JJ might interpret that as "Bye-bye, Coruscant!" %BD *BOO-OOOOMMM, PRAXIS RINNNGGGG!!!!*

2. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I want new planets, frankly. I'd like to see Coruscant again, but that's kind of it for worlds we have already seen.

Worlds i'd like to see (Canon or not)

• Corellia
    • Korriban/Moriband
    • Nar Shadda
    • Ryloth
    • Ossus

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Coruscant is "the bright center of the universe", so it makes sense to see it again.

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I REALLY want Tython to end up as canon and I would love to visit it in official canonical media.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014

I can't imagine somebody like Luke taking out a planet that is inhabited by over a trillion beings no matter what villains are on it. A Sith may do such a thing, but no Jedi would.

Plus, I liked Coruscant and hope it appears in the sequel trilogy at some point. Maybe this time though, focus on the underworld. Coruscant is not only a city-covered planet, but it has many levels that go deep into the interior. They could go there and still keep it a dark, rugged movie.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    No idea what Tython is-never heard of it.

Is that a planet from TCW or something?

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the EU, it's the homeworld of the Jedi.

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think Corellia is a must.

9. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Ah, okay then. Scratch that idea. The homeworld of the Jedi is wherever that particular Jedi lives. No Tython.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If Moraband appears, will we learn about and/or see an illusion of Darth Ruin? I would love that so much.

11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    They took Korriban, renamed it and made it canon. Tython is the "Moraband" of the Jedi. It is the birthplace of the Jedi and is essential to lore. I would expect that in one form of canonical media or another that the birthplace of the Jedi will be revealed.

Rabs and Dra--- like this.
  12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    If Han is commandeering a Super Star Destroyer it would appear that the Republic reorganized and reintegrated the personnel and materiel of the Empire. Just as the Clones fought for the Old Republic ("before the Dark Times, before the Empire") along side the guardians of peace and justice, might it be again? Once Palpatine implemented Order 66, the Clones accepted their programmed purpose and were fighting for the foe. Human conscripts became preferable, but any political state that takes or overcomes another is bound to incorporate, not disband, that of the vanquished.

I can see General/Admiral Han Solo commanding a New Republic Fleet and personnel that share a similar look to stormtroopers and clonetroopers. What were once the iconography of the waning days of the Old Republic and the emerging First Galactic Empire, is now the new look of the Republic.

The Sith would be the only remnant left of the Empire, just as it had been before and during The Phantom Menace. Much like an organization like Hydra.

If folks saw stormtroopers on set they could easily say, knowingly or not, that the Empire was back, but perhaps not exactly as we imagined it.

BTW-I ******* LOVE THIS! If true.

EDIT: It makes complete thematic sense with the past two trilogies and is a definite progression from where we've been. This is brilliant in that we get to see our favorite characters interacting in a new way with the old iconography...The Empire. Talk about Fan Service!!! I love it.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't want a Republic when VII opens, but otherwise I agree with this 100%.

14. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I'm partial to "Galactic Alliance," frankly. Leave the Republic dead.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wasn't referring to name "Republic". Rather, I was referring to the concept of a galaxy-spanning governmemt.

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Er, no. We have a handful of information that may vary in validity. We know next to nothing and (as can be seen in this thread) we are all making assumptions as to characters and plots. As I must have not been paying attention to this detailed information that you have seen just fill us in on some of the new character names would you? How about telling us whether Daisy Ridley plays Han and Leia's daughter or whether she is a Jedi or not? And I must have missed what type of superweapon is on the Sith Homeworld? I could go on....

17. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    We have a lot of repetitive information from sites we're not sure we can fully trust who got their information from sources we know nothing about who may have been leaked information that is far from being up to date or accurate and there could be a great deal of misinformation as well.

That, plus the fact that the information is mostly recycled stuff with nothing about any new ships, creatures, or even really locations (except the verified Puzzlewood and Skellig) does not help the matter either.

So, in a word, no.

Claire1976 likes this.
  18. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    So far none of the spoiler sites have said another site's story was wrong. Even when the Descending Hand story broke. They have only tweaked details. So I actually don't question the validity of the info coming in.

As for Daisy, considering that her stunt double, Chloe Bruce is one of the best martial arts and SWORD choreographers in the world, I'm certain she's a force user, uses a saber and has insane athletic prowess (which jives with one of the first reports that came out on her character). Her stunt double was at Dubai and michael skellig island so expect to see Daisy fighting when she finds Boyega and when she finally reaches Luke (who we know, from spoilers was there as well). As for whether she's a Solo or not, I don't really care. The family relations in this saga are pretty overused at this point and really have no bearing on the overall story. I similarly don't care if Boyega is related to Lando.

Like I said, it's really not that hard to put together (though you seem to be hitting a few bumps doing so). We have lots of info so far and I have no doubt much more is on the way.

19. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001

Oh I forgot. Re: the super weapon. It will definitely be something "more powerful than the Death Star..." Dun-dun-DUUUN!!

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there have been characters no one knew introduced in every film.

TK327 likes this.
  21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm hitting bumps? Please smooth them over with your 'lots of info' then.... because from what I can see (which is exactly the same 'lots of info' that you have) we don't have this movie 'mapped out' at all. Someone asked you for the plot earlier, you did not bother to reply.

Rabs likes this.
  22. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Oh really???

23. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    I've already answered regarding the storylines I believe will be in the film in an earlier post. You asked me 2 questions- one irrelevant to the plot of the film (is Daisy a Solo child), and one substantive (is she a force user). I answered based on spoilers that have been reported over the past several weeks. Rather that state your reasons for why my conclusion is wrong or the "info" is soooo incorrect you just move on to another question asking for something already answered.

So as I said, if you're hitting some bumps, I understand. But there is indeed a lot that has been leaked to the point that we can map together the storylines. Even if we don't know if Boyega is Lando's nephew or what his favorite drink at the cantina may be.

24. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    Just provide the link of a spoiler site calling out another site for a false story. I'd be happy to read it.

25. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Off the top of my head, there was the time TheForce.net tried to call out LatinoReview for the "jedi hunters" rumor.

But then they had to walk that back quite a bit, so it didn't really work out.

Other than that - it hasn't happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.