main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

perhaps Jar Jar comes back as darth jar jar...

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Not only that, it would make the whole saga we know now wet paper. It would mean Anakin couln´t do it, his sacrife meant nothing in the end, same for Luke.

Honestly, every new rumor makes this movie look worse and worse. I hope this is not true.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @nalkwan
    would he be the lead Inquistor?
    he did help the Emperor in Episode II, so it makes sense that he would help him again.:p

4. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

lol it's all coming together... Jar Jar was his secret Inquisitor the entire time!

if these rumors are true, i may have my very one star wars trilogy to bash... i missed out
    on bashing the other two

starocean90 likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    1. brewer_fan@brewerfan_mke 26m
      @devincf @badassdigest you knew palpatine was in but sat on it till Latino Review revealed...why?
    2. Devin Faraci@devincf 26m
      @brewerfan_mke @badassdigest because I think it's a spoiler.
    3. brewer_fan@brewerfan_mke 10m
      @devincf @badassdigest you dont post your own spoilers? not bustin balls, just curious on the E VII reporting.
    4. Devin Faraci@devincf 9m
      @brewerfan_mke there's a lot of stuff I know that I won't post because it's too spoilery. I don't want to ruin the movie.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think we need a new rumour thread for people that are happy to speculate about rumours safe in the knowledge that they may turn out to be complete BS.

This "FAKE! You're all gullible idiots!" Is getting very tiresome. We know they are not all true. No one needs to save us from the horror of possible BS.

If you don't ever believe in rumours at all what's the point of even looking in this thread?

I have zero interest in Domnhall Gleeson (no offence DG) but I don't sit in the DG thread telling everyone they're morons for speculating about who he might play.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If lightsabers are in VII, it means they were unable to create a greater weapon and had to resurrect lightsabers.

starocean90 likes this.
  8. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

Something stopping you from creating a new thread? Or you know, allow people to talk about what they want to talk about, and ignore what you don't find interesting...

9. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Please, do I really have to point out the difference? We saw Palpatine fall, the Death Star was destroyed, and he was meant to die in order to make Anakin´s profecy true.

Resurrecting a villain to open a story that was perfectly closed is cheap storytelling.

Abadacus, Bob Octa and ChildOfWinds like this.
  10. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    You're borderline trolling a/ the rumour thread (though you don't believe in rumours) with your rudeness. I'm bored of it.

Bob Octa and MakingStarWars like this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Play nice everyone.

If people want to say they don't believe a rumor, that's fine. If people want to believe it, that's fine. If you want to be somewhere in between, that's fine. No matter how you feel about the rumor, you are allowed to discuss it, so let's not tell people what they can and can't discuss.

Abadacus, Buddha Fett, Mange and 2 others like this.
  12. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I get the making the point once. I don't get making the point over and over again when you don't believe in rumours full stop.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    You don't need to make the opposite point over and over either in that case. People are free to believe or not believe what they want, you are free to try and refute their opinions, or just to ignore them if it bothers you. Continually telling people that don't believe a rumor(s) to stop or that they are annoying is off topic for the thread, which is not allowed. If you have any more questions/thoughts on this topic feel free to PM me.

Let's get back on the topic of these rumors.

14. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    If palpatine is back, let's hope it does not involve time travel and alternate universes
    honestly i can see them bringing Palps back, and on it's own i wouldn't have tossed this rumor out
    i even think it can be done interestingly - however lumped in with all the other rumors i don't even know what to think anymore

15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I've done it twice. DMd.

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    First God invented light (or something). Then She invented the ignore button.

After that, there was no need to create anything else. The forum was perfect. ;)

Healthy skepticism is when people are open minded about ideas, willing to test them out and speculate until proven false. Unhealthy skepticism is when one simply says No to every possibility.

As for Palpatine's return, if they made him really monstrous looking that might be amazing. Super tall and thin and creepy and maybe more evil than before? Could work, IMO.

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    *shrugs* well again....it's all about execution.
    Though TBH....I would kind of have a weird respect for Lucasfilm if they do something crazy like have Palpatine's soul possesses a Skywalker kid (I'm just gunna say either Driver or Domnhall) and in the end either Luke (or that possesed kid's sibling) is forced to kill him because there is no other way to permanently kill Palpy. None of this "Oh if we just exorcise you, then you'll return completely back to normal. No side effects at all" bs[face_dunno]

TK327, Bob Octa, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed about execution. Whether it is Palps or someone totally new (like Driver), whatever path they go down, the execution needs to be great.

TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  19. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Having him return would give a good tie in to the rest of the saga, I never had a problem with him
    Returning... If executed right. Could've went in another direction
    But it gives the fans something to latch on to as big true baddie of the entire saga

But how they'd handle his ultimate demise ... That I think could be problematic with him returning - suppose that could be left to ep 8 or 9 threads tho

20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe Palpatine finally is able to turn Luke to the Dark Side after many years in captivity.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    No problems with Palpatine returning. The Core saga has always been Jedi/Sith. As for the Prophecy, they can just reinterpret it. Even Yoda says it could have been misread.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm starting to believe whatever they come up with they're going to nail it. I've been very impressed in what I've seen thus far and some of the things I've heard (who knows what's real) I absolutely love. I honestly cannot think of a single rumor that has been out there that would be a deal breaker. I don't know if Disney decided to buy off Faraci, but judging from his past pessimism and his current optimism, I think we'll see a great story. Even if Palpatine is back (although I love Ian McD). Hopefully the execution will be flawless.

23. The Weird Side

The Weird Side Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 7, 2014

Making a villain that is better than Palpatine is a tough order to do. Even the old EU wasn't able to do it and they could come up with all sorts of crazy stuff. In the end, he was such a good villain that the heroes wouldn't have come close to killing him if he hadn't used himself as bait on the Death Star.

However, I don't think we need a villain greater than Palpatine. Well at least not a singular villain that surpasses him. We just need a scenario that puts our heroes in peril to a greater degree than in ROTJ.

Ultimately, I think the antagonists or the problem to overcome must be different. Not vastly different, but just enough so it doesn't seem like the same car with a different paint job.

Abadacus, Bob Octa and ChildOfWinds like this.
  24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I've been thinking about this more and I do like the idea of him being more in-human and monstrous looking. The initial idea of Palpatine returning doesn't sound all that appealing (again, I point to you, Darth Maul), but like I said, I could get behind it if done right. I guess it could also work in tying the overall Saga together instead of steering us in an entirely new direction. I do kinda like the idea of keeping the same threat over the span of all nine films. Hmm...

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    They don't need to necessarily create a villain better than Palpatine. They need to create a villain who's tough enough that the ST is exciting and suspenseful, with the end goal being whatever they need to accomplish at the end of it. In essence, the villain is just someone that various forces can rally against and become united at the end.

I stand by my conviction that the main purpose of the ST is to create a New Republic and Jedi Order/Council.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.