main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    [face_laugh] Well has it picked up enough!?!?!

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    There's like five layers of "what" about this.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    MODified: Removed multi-thread spree.

Is that young Rey or your daughter? Could be both.

Still... WHAT. [face_clown]

4. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Creepy .... Very very creepy post

5. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    There is no indication there is a hand with the saber. There could be, but there's no indication of such. There's mention of a hand ever in fact. But sometimes I wonder if Naka's hand being revealed early on, made it seem like it was a "hand" and it got misconstrued as a robot hand? I heard the same thing BAD did on that front. However, it seems like that part maybe was a misconception.

starocean90 likes this.
  6. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    well thank the Force on that. U think maybe robot hand was to try to justify it surviving re-entry? Because that be a rather hard sell with a normal hand.

7. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    No idea. In a place with a mystical Force, I tend to just think anything can happen, myself. Maybe it should have burnt up and didn't. Will of Force, man! Heh.

8. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Wouldn't the hand technically be Luke's flesh and blood hand? That's the one that got cut off on Bespin attached to the the saber anyway.

It wouldn't be a robotic hand.

The original report also very specifically stated it as being a hand with a lightsaber, not just a lightsaber.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Force is an energy field. Why wouldn't it be able to shield the saber and protect it?

A Force prophylactic.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Perhaps it was originally the hand + saber, but then they figured just the saber made more sense.

Obviously, if it's the saber from TESB, it didn't leave Cloud City like how Luke did. Uggies probably found it.

11. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Jason,

Thanks for indulging us for a while. Question: Any evidence of a scene between Leia and Hutts in the call sheets/ whatever documents you're looking at? For whatever strange reason, that rumor has been my favorite.

cwustudent and Krueger like this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I agree. Also, your avatar is the greatest thing in the entire universe ever.

13. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Thank you! Not every Hutt was a crime lord. Some were just working stiffs, like the rest of us.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I
    Funny that MSW's description of the early parts of the film is practically identical to Devin's, minus the actual hand and adding a few characters (the peasants). If LFL were spreading misinformation, which many thought was the case with Devin's report, why make misinformation so similar to the actual plot?

15. Jonniverse

Jonniverse Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2015
    MODified: No Advertising.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "He ends up in possession of the lightsaber that once belonged to Luke, and to Luke’s father before him. It was last seen tumbling down an air shaft after Darth Vader sliced off his hand and revealed that he, he was Luke’s father. In this film … it’s an important piece of the puzzle that will reveal Luke’s fate and whereabouts."

17. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I still find it fishy that the movie is supposedly going to start with the opening of the lightsaber landing on Jakku that is just plain ridiculous. Star Wars Films has and always will start in space with some sort of Starship. That's SW's MO.​

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Empire Strikes Back truly is the center film of the Saga now.
    Just hope that we get a good explanation as to how the saber was retrieved.

19. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I think it's still possible that we'll see a ship. Not an important ship, but just a random ship cruising. The camera then turns its attention to a floating lightsaber.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    New movie, new era, give us something different. Even if this particular idea is insane.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

yeah still ain't buying it. i mean what about things like Escape velocity? atmospheric re-entry? star wars maybe Sci-Fi but you can't ignore some of the laws of physics. that saber should be a piece of burnt metal by the time it "Supposedly lands" on Jakku.

22. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    The moment SW allowed sound in space, it broke all the rules. Let it go.

Besides, all they have to say is the Kyber crystal inside the saber prevented it from being destroyed in re-entry.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm getting the impression more and more that the movie does NOT open with a floating lightsaber and that it changed during post-production. I'm guessing we're starting off with the FO craft from the perspective of Finn as a stormtrooper, not knowing he'll be the hero of the story.

Darth Mikey and StoneRiver like this.
  25. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

Was thinking that myself. Personally, I believe the movie will open with a pan down (or up) shot to The Finalizer in space approaching Jakku, with Kylo's Shuttle leaving the docking bay and descending to the planet. I think the Saber will already have previously crashed, Kylo know about it, and Poe is already on the planet when the movie starts. The specific plot points of these events will be revealed later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.