main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Episode 7 spin offs

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Let's say this movie goes good, get's good reviews, and the fans love it, and Disney decides to make a few spin offs. What Character or Character's would you like a spin off about?

Here's my list:

Boba Fett

Imperial Knights

Darth Maul

Old Republic Jedi

Quinlan Vos

Cad Bane

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    New characters who star in the films that we haven't heard about yet.

3. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    KOTOR movie please.

Boxster likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The only spinoff worth a darn would be: Obiwan Kenobi's Adventures In Babysitting Luke Skywalker

5. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Joe Johnston's proposed Boba Fett film would be a no-brainer. He already has a good working relationship with Disney, and it is one of the most popular characters in the franchise.

Yancy

Boxster, kainee and TreborSabreon like this.
  6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Adventures of Master Dooku and Padawan Jinn. COME ON! We need more Dooku-Jinn tag teaming the bad guys. Though I think I would rather see it as a CGI cartoon like TCW than a live action film. I just cannot see someone else claiming Dooku and Jinn's faces. I can't. Voices, is one thing. Faces, completely different and just wrong.

Or Tales of the Jedi Order ranging from stories between Yoda-Dooku to Kenobi-Skywalker.

And another prequel film is a must. One telling about the Sith-Jedi war from1,000-2,000 years ago.

kainee likes this.
  7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Sep 9, 2012
    I wouldn't mind another prequel movie!

kainee and TreborSabreon like this.
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Nor I. I wouldnt mind one set between 1 and 2 to fill in that 10 year gap.

9. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Nute Gunray movie
    (No!!!!!!!!)

10. samo21

samo21 Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    Spin offs are something I'm hoping for. We could have a set up like the Avengers where we have a main story line film that comes up every 2-3 years, along with related but different movies in the mean time. Also there's plenty of potential for shows about Rogue Squadron, Bounty Hunters, etc. Too much potential to handle!

kainee and TreborSabreon like this.
  11. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Sep 9, 2012
    i'm just hoping that imperial knights are in this new universe!

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  12. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Star Wars is a vast universe with social classes that were not explored very deeply in the films... Smugglers, bounty hunters, pirates, etc.

I wonder if we could see films that don't have the Jedi as the central story arch? I for one would welcome Star Wars from a perspective other than Jedi vs Sith.

Thoughts? Would you be interested in this type of exploration or would it not be SW without the Jedi vs Sith focus?

13. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    You can focus less on Jedi vs sith, and more on light side vs dark side within the individual characters. Something that introspective might be better as ep. VIII but I think the fans would eat it up.

As to your question, I think Star Wars has become a kind of genre all it's own and trying to take the focus off of Jedi and bounty hunters and smugglers is like trying to make a heist movie where nothing gets stolen.

That said, I agree that the "Jedi = stalwart knights of no emotion vs sith = sadness will always lead to murdurous rage" needs to go.

Vespasian likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well I don't think the movies will be the same without Jedi vs. Sith, but maybe they could make them focus on other stories as well just as much instead of the whole movie being based around a Jedi and a Sith. I think I good idea would be to have two or three main stories going on, such as have a Jedi as the main character fighting a Sith, have a Bounty Hunter(s), such as Boba Fett tracking down a group of Rebels lead by Han Solo and have a large space battle lead by Admiral Ackbar fighting the Empire.
    I know this sounds a lot like TESB and ROTJ, but I think having all three stories going on throughout the whole film would be great, plus of course there would be other completely new things happening as well.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Lando Calrissian Junior and his kick-ass afro.

I'm rather sure the main character is going to be a Jedi, or at least aspire to be one. The Force is the central concept to the Star Wars mythos, like it or not. Other than that, sure, we're going to see gunslingers and fighter pilots and probably a couple of surprises, for good or bad.

kainee likes this.
  16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Jedi will almost certainly feature prominently, but a significant non-Force-sensitive secondary cast (and primary cast in the spinoffs) would definitely be welcome.

kainee likes this.
  17. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Gangsters or smugglers....the underbelly of the SW universe

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Panaka's grandson who is as pessimistic as he was.

kainee and fishtailsam like this.
  19. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Superheroes. It should take it beat from Superheroes.

The NEW Republic should have BEEN been set up. If a Lightsaber does not ignite there will be a problem. But I think there should be a mounting new threat, a force or someone that wants everything dead or subjugated. Doesnt have to be Sith or a powerful Alien race, but then the Jedi come to the rescue. All kinds of things you could do with that.

I believe the only Villian there could be is 'The Son'

20. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    There's no way the first trilogy under the Disney umbrella will forego the spectacle of lightsaber battles!

21. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Discuss!!!

would be nice to see it again in the final movie.

22. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    oh please no

davvi36 likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I thought it was a boring re-hashed idea to build a second Death Star in ROTJ. I have no interest in seeing it again.

[face_plain]

24. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Ask and you shall receive....

I dont know. I have mixed feelings on the Death Star.

The Empire is gone. I wonder if the technology for it would be gone too?

I liked the Death Star, but it was proven twice to be non-effective.

I do think it would be cool if we had a crap ton of Death Stars controlling the regional governors.....

25. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    "this time it will be indestructable!!!"

exhaust ports covered= check

generator shields on a planet not inhabiting teddy bear warriors= check

"this time it will be indestructable!!!"

kainee and clone3131 like this.