main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 7 ???

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by JEDIMASTERMOSS, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIMASTERMOSS

JEDIMASTERMOSS Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Would'nt it be great if some one else took up the Star Wars saga? a new director perhaps with new visions? Do'nt everyone curse me out at once!!! I know many of you would consider this treason!!

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Honestly? It's not so much the "George is the only one who can do it" as it is the "not sure there's more story left to tell."

Now, I'm a big book fan. Love reading all those adventures. I just don't think it'd work on the screen, anymore.

3. JEDIMASTERMOSS

JEDIMASTERMOSS Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Would'nt it be great seeing an older Mark Hamill as a Jedi master? He never really got proper Jedi training except on Dagobah!! Never got to duel anyone with a saber except his Father!!!

4. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I wouldn't mind seeing Mark being a Jedi, again. Not sure if he wants to to it, but ya never know!

They can do it on the TV show, if it comes to pass.

5. Beara

Beara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Spamming the boards is not allowed.

Leona

6. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Greetings, JediMasterMoss, RosieWook & Beara.

[I'm not an Atlanta resident. Posting from Hawai'i here. I hope you don't mind.]

I must agree with Master Moss. I actually posted about this myself on our Hawai'i board a while back. I think it'd be great to see Mark Hamill reprise his role. I mean, it'd be great to see him play "Jedi Master Luke Skywalker", quite possibly the head of the Jedi Council in the NEW Republic, following in the footsteps of Master Yoda in the Old Republic days.

I'd love to see Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams & all the other classic trilogy celebrities reprise their roles. I think the old-school Star Wars fans (like me) would love to see them again as the "old gang".

Sure, we'd need to see the new generation (or generations), as well. I haven't read any of the Expanded Universe books YET (I've put it off all these years) but I have heard that Han & Leia have had AT LEAST 3 children (all Force-sensitive?) and that the Yuzhan Vong (spelling?) were quite the post-Empire adversary. Personally, I'd love to see Episodes VII, VIII & IX be about that & the rebuilding of the New Republic & new Jedi Order.

Anyone else here agree?

It saddens me that Lucas insists that there will be no Episodes 7, 8 & 9. Heard those rumors since I was a young kid. And, now, in my adulthood, I am told that we're not going to get to see those movies.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee

7. Tie_Defender

Tie_Defender Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    Wouldn't it be cool to see GL give rights to someone else and produce a prequel trilogy In KOTOR, KOTOR 2 Time area

Such as the Mandaloren Wars

Can you imagine the jedi following Revan to fight Mandalore and his supercommando warriors

Then fighting Malak and his Dark Jedi on the Star Forge

Then fighting against Darth Kerath or what ever for the final movie

8. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello, Tie_Defender.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mr. Lucas mentioned something about the possibility of a "prequel" film to the prequel trilogy. I was at CIII but didn't go to his appearances. [I'd seen him in person prior to that event.]

I'm not familiar with KOTOR or KOTOR II (have seen the games in stores but never bought nor played them). I respect & am interested in Star Wars' "EU" but, at this time, know very little about it.

Right now, I AM interested in getting into "Star Wars Galaxies". That's just more money to worry about, though.

By the way, I took a pic of one of the characters (a villain?) seen on the KOTOR game (the cover of II?). I haven't posted it on my website yet but please be on the lookout for it later. You may be able to put a name to the character for me. It's the white-faced character with red markings on his/her forehead. Spooky. Creepy.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.
    Jay Tee

9. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    They've already announced it'll be set between trilogies.

And while I do keep hearing Boba Fett rumors, I wouldn't hold my breath too much. They haven't even started scripting, yet.

10. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hi, Rosie!

Is that the live-action t.v. series you're referring to or a feature-length theatrical film?

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

11. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    TV series. No more films.

George is the only one who can make Star Wars films, now, and he wants to do other things, understandably.

Not to say that the TV series might not end up as movies of the week type formats, but it won't be like the Big 6.

12. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    To Jay Tee and everyone, Yes, I remember that GL spoke about *nine* movies way back in the late 70s, and now he denies ever having done so. :( I did run across a site awhile back where someone had posted some old magazine or newspaper clipping, quoting the nine movies bit, though. :) But who knows where I put that link? *checks bookmarks to no avail*

13. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Hi, Wookie Girl!

Yeah, why does Mr. Lucas break our hearts like that? I understand he must be tired & no one's getting any younger but, still, I wish he'd just take a few years off, then tackle the last 3. EVERYONE knows Episodes VII, VIII & IX would make a butt load of money and the fans sure would love it.

Oh, well. Count our blessings, I guess.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

14. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Like spend the mountains of money we gave him?

15. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I think there comes a time when you let a series rest. Star Trek fell into the trap. It was very respected. Hell, Wrath of Kahn, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Undiscovered Country, First Contact, the original tv series and TNG tv series are some of the greatest sci-fi movies and tv shows of all-time. The problem is, is that they didn't know when to stop. I fear another episode or tv series may do the same to the SW saga.

16. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    That's always a danger. But by the time they get their act together and actually release something? It will have been a while.

I'll be impressed if they manage to get the cartoon out by 2007. And the TV show? Who knows with that one!

But I know, from talking to several folks at LFL, they're well aware of what happened to Star Trek and will try to balance things. If interest starts fading, then they'll start pulling back on Star Wars.

17. Camden

Camden Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    I could make episode 789

18. Camden

Camden Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2005
    episodes 7, 8, 9 i mean

19. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I've heard rumors that the character of "Master Skywalker" may make a one-shot apearance on the upcoming live action TV show. It's just a rumor, but that's probably the best bet for ever seeing any of the "big 3" reprising their roles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.