main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Next Location to be Ireland, Donegal/Malin Head

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Grilled Hutt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    The video was great, nightangel! Especially given the distance involved.

Are you still observing? Can you give us your impression of what you saw?

2. AnneNeville

AnneNeville Jedi Master star 4

Feb 17, 2016
    nightangel I'd love to hear a description of what you saw, even if the video was too much.

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    They made the scene with the smoke several times and my camera catched more than my own eyes. I always tried to catch it when the smoke started. One time there were 2 guys on the hills when there was smoke, but not 100% sure if these were helpers or actors. The distance was simply too far and I watched as much with telescope as I could. I have more videos, but often I tried with maximum digital zoom as addition to optical zoom and the quality is not really good then.

They filmed on different parts of the green area around the huts, so maybe a fight scene taking place at several spots. Also the video I posted yesterday with the guy running or walking down and the helicopter catching it was done today again, so it seems to be a scene.

4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Thanks for the update, nightangel. I'm sure most of us here appreciate that what you're doing is a lot harder than it looks.

One thing's for sure: There's a lot more going on on sneeze world than a sabre handoff.

Baron_Papanerd, arjank and nightangel like this.
  5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    for me it looked like a gathering of the KoR and they were surrouned by fire&smoke. Maybe they attacked Luke's place.

thanks and I say good night now. It seems no night/evening shots today. ;)

6. AnneNeville

Feb 17, 2016
    nightangel Thank you and goodnight. I appreciate your news and hope you see things that make you happy and excited again.

nightangel, arjank and Force22 like this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    nightangel

Sorry to disappoint you but i'm told the video you've gotten is of a stunt performer dressed as a KoR walking to a point just over the ridge and out of view of anyone watching. The helicopter was likely to be rehearsing the tracking shot of the KoR coming from the cliff to the left of this pic you took.
    [​IMG]

They were filming the KoR chasing Luke from a beach (shot elsewhere) up over the ridge and onto the down slope you can see. Apparently Kylo will chase Rey from the opposite direction down from the little castle building...
    [​IMG]

...which is what I think you saw today....does that make sense?

They are supposed to have caught up with Luke here or may be Luke has had enough of them chasing him and decides to fight it out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of these shots were supposed to be performed by stunt doubles of Mark, Daisy and Adam, may be someone can confirm this??? The close up work is still to be done and that includes the village set apparently, probably filming as we speak, this is why there is no visible damage to the huts yet i'm told.

edit: this looks to be out of date!!! sorry[face_blush]

8. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Making Star Wars seem to be interpreting that scene nightangel saw as the KoR gathering round a crashed ship here.

Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  9. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I wonder if Luke brought the ship down using the Force ...

nightangel, Satipo and titansupes like this.
  10. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    I'm wondering about the whole hutts exploding theory. The locals heard there was explosions so thinking it was the hutts made sense. But now that it's a ship that's on fire and seemingly Kylo's that crash landed onto Ahch-To I have to wonder if that's what they heard of and its this ship instead. We will see over the next week.

Baron_Papanerd and Dark Horse like this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Episode 8 SPOILER Set Pics! More FALCON! Part 17

12. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Certainly makes more sense.

13. AnneNeville

Feb 17, 2016
    Kylo alone and stranded on AchTo is looking likely. Redemption time. ;)

14. temtam

temtam Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 27, 2016

MSW just described this sequence!

• There is smoke.
    • A ship appears to have crashed.
    • A group of men dressed as black knights with black helmets approach the smokey debris.
    • All of the knights then kneel around the smokey location.
    • It appears as if one of the knights perished in the crash or someone important is about to step out of it.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viiis-knights-take-a-knee-at-ceann-sibeal/

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  15. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    Where did you get that from? Him fighting Rey off of a cliff and trying to kill Luke after his moms ship gets blown up doesn't exactly scream redemption at all to me. It's not like the First Order is just gonna leave him stranded and be like Peace out, kid.

16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Eh? o_O

17. temtam

Feb 27, 2016
    That's a good thing!! :p

18. AnneNeville

Feb 17, 2016
    It's simple. Things cannot stay static over a film. If the bad guy shows up in act one, angry and fighting, but gets stranded with his foes in the same space, there must be change. The Knights killed, the ship gone, Kylo alone and separated from Snoke. This is ripe for the redemption plot, unless you expect one of the main new trio to get killed off in Act 1 or 2. We know the story leaves AchTo eventually. Would Kylo be left behind in a hut? Not likely.

Remember Rian had cast and crew watch Letter Never Sent, a film about ... three people stranded together in Siberia.

K Ray, nonesuch, What Girl and 2 others like this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  20. AnneNeville

Feb 17, 2016
    I totally misread that post. It's fine to call Kylo anything you like. He deserves it.

Anyway, I have been thrilled by every spoiler that has come out. It's adding up brilliantly, and the story I expected is happening much earlier than I anticipated.

I don't think Hux will run to fetch Kylo, especially if there is intense B Plot action between the FO and resistance.

What Girl likes this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

again with all this Technology we have, It Is the year 2016 and still people can't make something much better then with a camcorder with VHS from 1989;) And my sister only took a Photogrophy class In High School she is now 33 years old High School long gone and she still makes better videos then that and better photos. I don't Own an I-Phone or any cell phone for that matter so I can't speak for myself on this one:D

22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    As he said, try shooting on a super long zoom.

Btw, I'm kind of happier with it being a bit blurry and distant. I don't want too detailed spoilers. Those kids with masks sitting on the Falcon felt like Too Much. That felt like stepping over the line. All very much IMHO.

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

When the first Spoiler Videos and Photos came out for TFA several People on Here, I can't remember who, reiterated the same thing so The same thing has been discussed on here before, Where there is smoke there Is fire...;) I guess my main beef is with the Technology I hate Talking on Phones, And I hate I-Phones, I hate FaceBook, and I hate Twitter, I don't have an Account with Facebook or Twitter I just use them as a tool for news to things I like, such as The Yankees, Star Wars, and, Ron Howard. I just as recently started using Message Boards in 2014 after almost dying from Lithium Poisoning and Kidney Failure...

24. temtam

Feb 27, 2016
    I don't think you understand that if you take a picture of something far away, it comes out blurry. No matter how good your cell phone camera is. Your sister probably takes photos of things that are close up, or in reasonable distance.

The person who took these photos are hundreds of yards away from it. Cameras these days are good, but they cannot zoom in that far. This is why its bad quality. You need special optical equipment for that, which I don't think nightangel has.

nightangel What camera/equipment are you using to take these pictures if you don't mind me asking? :)

nightangel and arjank like this.
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

not a beef with the people taking the photos and videos just a problem with the tech, surprised that in 2016 it is not better when we have TV's that make the TV's we had in the 90's look like something out of the stone age, just pointing out the Irony...:cool:

also several people back in TFA threads for this very same thing brought this up back in 2014 ...