main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Next Location to be Ireland, Donegal/Malin Head

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Grilled Hutt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    What Twitter guy?..

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    hmmm, or maybe they do film Kylo's training by Snoke there? [face_dunno]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I think am not sure its that guy who is in love with Daisy's sister?

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The Iceland rumours come about from that dubious casting website.
    It was for another movie altogether.
    Vulture.com ran with it.

5. Jakku

Jakku Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    I won't force everyone to look at Putin's chest again.

What does that comment mean, nightangel? Putin is a politician / quasi-dictator who constantly reinforces an image of himself as a muscular man of action, and stud. He does this in support of his own political power.

Adam Driver in the Leibowitz photographs is a jobbing actor trying to earn a living. He's got the individual look that's good for modelling work. He did whatever Vogue told him to do in order to get his fee. (Vogue presumably wanted pictures that would draw the eye of their female readership.)

Why tar them with the same brush?

6. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Just maybe people don't like Driver, you can't force someone to like someone. Not fussed myself but others don't see him as some kind god. It's not your fault, its just this place went through a stage of endless pictures of him. It obviously got people pissed and tired due to the of the fornication of the guy. I actually feel sorry for him. xxxxx

7. Jakku

Jakku Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015

If someone makes it clear that they viscerally hate a character in a movie, and are hostile to any 'positive' plot possibilities involving that character, and then start making derogatory comments about the actor playing the character...it does suggest that personal animus is blurring the boundary between reality and fiction.

I think it's likely that this place will continue to have quite a lot of pictures of Adam Driver, given that he plays one of the main characters in the trilogy? Adam Driver burnout at this stage suggests the rest of the trilogy is going to be deeply depressing for some. You'll just have to hope that he gets killed off in the first moments of VIII, and goes away to do quietly admirable indie films that you'll never have to watch. [face_mischief]

But I don't think that's going to happen. Brace yourself for more AD misery...

8. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    They did, but it is possible that they really are filming in Iceland for something which is why they tried to scam people. They also looked at caves in Mexico. We will hear something in the next monthish if it will happen either way.

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    May be the scenes filmed at the Ireland shoot with Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, and Adam Driver are merely a dream sequence or Force Vision like Luke In the Cave?

10. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I don't have anything against Adam Driver, but I just really dislike this kind of posing. It is just too macho type. But I see that some people may like it. I just dislike it, that's all. [face_dunno]
    I just think Adam should not have done it and if Vogue wants to get female readers with this stuff, they may not get all women with it.[face_worried]

Dark Horse likes this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

well he was a U.S. Marine ?

as for Iceland it is not just ICE as the name implies....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and these are just a few there are tons more just type in www.google.com, Iceland in June!

12. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    The scam artist formerly known as KY10REY has them down for filming in Iceland in July.

July just got a little shorter...

User Actions
    Following
    [​IMG]
    Mark HamillVerified account@HamillHimself
    Mark Hamill Retweeted Anthony Atamanuik
    Don't toy w/ me Tony! Shooting #Ep8 Friday July 8th but Director @rianjohnson is also a BIG FAN so fingers crossed!

User Actions
    Follow
    [​IMG]
    Anthony AtamanuikVerified account@TonyAtamanuik

London, July 8th, seats still available to see @trumpvsbernie moderated by the majestic @HamillHimself Tickets Here

13. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    maybe iceland is only for shooting plates with the 2nd unit? like they did for TFA...i've just read ky10rey's last post and he/she states the star wars crew is currently in germany (without the cast)...???!!?? i still dont know if this twitter fan is full of BS or the real deal. they seemed to know a couple of things before everyone though: dunmore and the shooting schedule amongst other things so who knows...

14. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I think that they had some legitimate information about the Irish filming schedule but then heavily embellished it. I'm basically ignoring them now because they've had a string of misses recently, and have repeatedly been proven to be off base.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  15. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    There are a crap load of star destroyers and mon calamari cruisers there

16. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yeah, the Twitter Guy was has been very accurate so far with the Location Shooting Schedule so far; and he does list Iceland for a substantial amount of time. So I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that they will film in Iceland. For some reason though, some people get their panties in a bunch, if you speculate certain things. But hey, if they don't film in Iceland, I have no problem eating crow. [face_dunno]

17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Arrived home in Germany with a flight delay of over 1 hour. [face_tired] And I went from warm sunny Ireland to heavy raining and colder Germany. o_O

18. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    nightangel, I was going to ask you: when you saw them taking down things like the Ceann Sibeal set, did you get the impression they were deconstructing it or destroying it for good?

19. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Until I left I only saw them taking down the tents. So I did not see any deconstruction of the huts. ;)

20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    "....destroying it for good."

Temper Tilly Skywalker already did that.

MK Delta likes this.
  21. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016

Okay, no worries, thanks!

22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I found now out why my flight yesterday had a big delay, we had heavy weather conditions in Germany with a lot of thunder&lightning, heavy rain and even hail. I think Star Wars just filmed in the wrong country, they would have gotten all the needed rain for free in my country. o_O

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

could be that they are just plate shots if indeed it is true, but remember folks Iceland is not covered with ice and snow in July, it is lush and green with beautiful waterfalls and white sandy beaches :cool:

probably very similar to Parts of Canada in the Summer.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    As far as I am aware, nobody on this site knows Adam Driver personally. So anyone who "doesn't like him" is unjustifiably being a judgmental snot.

25. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Rading this, they were so lucky. I did not meet or see any of the actors during my 2 weeks in Ireland. :_| But I'm happy for them. :)

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...nary-experience-of-some-lucky-irish-fans.html

I never said I dislike Adam Driver or have something against him (I never met him), I just heavily dislike the posing of these kind of pics and whished he would not have done it. I just feel sorry for Adam indeed, since these pics are heavily macho like and if he is different in real life, then it is not good to do this kind of stuff. [face_plain]