main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Title - The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OZQUAD44

OZQUAD44 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Now that is a very likely scenario, and I would love to see a full on multiple Jedi battle. We have not seen one of those for a few years. But this could mean:

they're putting the major battle at the beginning of the movie, just like they did in TESB..... I would love it, but seriously, are they going to mirror the structure of TLJ with TESB in the same way they mirrored the TFA structure with ANH. seriously? And

The TFA force vision of the KOR in action was the future, and not the past! And

What if Kylo was the one to turn during the battle, and save both Luke and Rey!

The three outlaw samurai, here we come!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    I do like you, and your effort!! I just don't like those banners. Please forgive me, for I do not know why I am.

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  3. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    My thoughts as well...what is both Luke and Rey journey is not just training but go around the galaxy to gather the last jedi....including maybe Benicio del Toro, Kelly Marie Tran...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  4. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    We have not seen one of those on the big screen ever. Cause Jedi vs Battle Droids doesn't cut it for me. At all. Battle Droids are the most sanitized "good guys don't kill people" thing ever. I'm a huge fan of PT but that irks me to no end. All the Jedi mastery is wasted on fighting numbnut robots. Talk about unworthy opponents.

Also, order66 had them shot in the back so we were robbed of Storm troopers vs the Jedi battle too.

OZQUAD44 and nightangel like this.
  5. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    That's a good theory. Perhaps even better. Not like there's a bunch of Jedi Luke was training and hiding on Ach-To, but that Luke had managed thru means available on Ach-To, a secret Temple, Jedi holocron, to locate the whereabouts of other existing Jedi previously thought dead or non-existent. So he trains Rey best he can for now, and they set off to find them and bring them together to fight Snoke and Kylo.

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  6. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Thanks! I was just messing around 8-} No worries. Apology accepted :vader:

EzraSnoke likes this.
  7. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    My personal theory is that 'The Last Jedi' refers to three people:

Luke Skywalker - The Jedi Master
    Rey - The Jedi Apprentice
    Kylo - The Fallen Jedi

So ‘The Last Jedi’ means the group of three different Jedi, with each person representing a very different kind of Jedi with a very different perspective on what being a Jedi even means. And it's a fitting title given that 'the Last Jedi' all seem to end up on an island together.

8. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I don’t see how Kylo represents a different perspective of a Jedi, since Jedi (regardless of different beliefs they may have) are essentially lightside Force users. Kylo may have different views on the Force but he is definitely not a “different kind a Jedi”. That is like saying a fascist represents a different kind of a democratic leader when you know these concepts are not just different versions of the same thing, but completely opposite, incompatible ideals.

Plus he never even completed his Jedi training, as he was still an apprentice when he quit. There is a reason why Vader said in TESB, "The Force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet."

nightangel and Gigoran Monk like this.
  9. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    Ben Solo was a Jedi prior to his fall, so he absolutely has a perspective on them. From TFA, his perspective clearly means that he wants the Jedi to be destroyed. I expect TLJ to expound on his reasons for that.

10. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Like I said, he was an apprentice.

And Satan was once a fallen angel. That still does not make him an angel just because he used to be one, regardless of his opinions on God.

Don't get me wrong, I also hope that TLJ expands on Kylo's beliefs and reasons for not being a Jedi. But he is definitely not one right now.

nightangel likes this.
  11. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    So, Rey AND Luke it is, then.

12. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Which is perfect cause Rey isn't a Jedi right now either. There's only one Jedi right now and that's Luke. New Jedi cannot rise unless Skywalker (Luke) returns. But what does return really mean? Returning as in leaving one place and going back to another or believing that Jedi can rise again with his help, fostering new generation? cause he is at the ultimate Jedi place now, basically returned to the place of Jedi origins/creation/whatever. So I'd say that "return" is more symbolic like he is going back to taking students, believing that not all is lost.

Shakez and nonesuch like this.
  13. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Good point.

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    exactly this ^

15. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I know, I was replying to the idea that Kylo could be considered another Jedi "from a different point of view". Rey could, even without the training, she is already almost there any way. Kylo not. He is anti-Jedi. He is the opposite of a Jedi right now.

That being said, it’s not difficult to imagine Rey being a Jedi by the end of the movie, thus justifying the plural. It’s a bit hard to consider Kylo as part of that group so soon, unless he quits the FO early on and resumes his training under Luke in the same movie that is supposed to focus on Rey and Luke, which I sincerely doubt it’s going to be the case. I just don't think the title here refers to Kylo as well, even though he might come back to the lightside and become a Jedi in a later movie.

nightangel likes this.
  16. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    I agree in general. I believe that TFA set up Rey and Ren as characters who will bring the balance to the Force since they are the two awakenings, the dark and the light. So importance of that fact cannot be stressed enough. And they are going to Ahch-to the planet of the Jedi origin. So that's super important.

That said, you are right, that may not automatically lead to both becoming the new Jedi at the same time or even in TLJ. However, "focus on Rey and Luke" doesn't remove the idea because we are not supposed to know Kylo will be there too. Rian wasn't going to spoil that in an interview, so he focused on something that is a common knowledge, a non-spoiler - Rey and Luke. I've no doubt that they are the focus but when the third part joins the fun he'll be in the focus with the other two. Especially since that will reveal how he fell, why he killed the padawans, etc. Not all is going to be doom and gloom cause Rian says the movie will be fun and Three Outlaw Samurai's pulpy fights were inspirational.

Also, it's possible that significant amount of time passes between the opening and the end, not just 2 days like TFA.

17. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Yes, I could see Kylo being labeled as a 'fallen Jedi', but how could he be labeled as a 'last Jedi'?

You have Luke for obvious reasons, and then you have Rey who we can assume will soon be one of the 'last Jedi'. IMO, Kylo just doesn't fit into the title in any way.

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  18. NHB0M

NHB0M Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2016

When was it confirmed that Kylo would train with Luke and Rey on Ach-To?

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  19. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    NHB0M Not that he'll train, lol, but that he'll be there with them. he trained already lol.

20. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
    Kylo unlike Anakin wasn't an anointed jedi knight when he fell. Luke only became a jedi after he confronted Vader and the Emperor (when he threw his lightsaber away), passing his trial. At this moment Luke is the only remaining jedi that we know of, unless Rey completes her training in VIII wich i doubt.

21. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think it's Luke & Rey....Luke being the Last of the Old generation & Rey being the Last / First of the New generation..............

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Do we know that for sure? He fell when he was 23, which puts him at the same age as Anakin in RotS and Luke in RotJ.

23. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    It's treason, then.

24. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I think far too much significance is given to the "Jedi" title. Is he officially a Jedi? No, but he's very, very close. But how close is he? I don't know--super close, though. It seems arbitrary. It's kind of like being given a field sobriety test--you pass or fail based solely on the judgment of the officer/master.

yassir.khan likes this.
  25. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    It’s not arbitrary. It’s fairly simple and logical actually. A student of medicine is still just a student, not a doctor. A padawan is still just a student, not a Jedi yet. That was stated in TPM.

And a Sith or a Knight of Ren is most definitely not a Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.