Episode I - Comin' right atcha!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by jthornto, Dec 13, 2011.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    Episode 1 (The Not So Favorite Episode for Gen Xers) is coming back to the theaters in new-fangled 3-D on February 10, 2012. Who wants to go see it?

Let the snarkiness and planning begin.

[image=http://goingtocomiccon.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jar-jar-binks.jpeg]

2. zeraduel RMFF Secretarian

star 1
    Depends, is Jar Jar Binks still in it or did he get edited out? [face_praying]
  3. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
  4. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
  5. The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Master

star 1
    I know it's not everyone's favorite, but I love Episode I. Always have. Jar Jar is a small price to pay for Darth Maul, and Qui Gon Jinn. Sure, I'll always favor the OT, but I love me the entire Saga. I'm in!
  6. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    Any scene with Jar Jar has him replaced with Anakin's evil, goateed twin. Yippee!

7. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sorry, the thought of any SW movie in 3D is making my stomach turn! Enough with 3D already! Nope, not planning to waste any more money on an already aweful movie. (my .02c worth)
  8. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    Totally going! Crappy movie or not, I'm a fan!=D=
  9. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    How about this, JJ? They plan on making all of them in 3D...but only if the previous one is successful. So, in order to see Ep. 4 in 3-D, or even back on the big screen again, we have to support/suffer (depending on your point of view) the prequels.

There are some parts of Ep. 1 that are good and worth seeing again, right? I have a renewed appreciation of Qui-Gon after having watched the Clone Wars and would like to experience his performance again on the silver screen.

10. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    TPM is my favorite prequel (because I can't take the other 2 seriously), so I'll be there.

Does this mean we have to start the line a week in advance?
  11. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Given the character's appearance in this film, I'm even looking to bring Depa out of the mothballs for the occasion.
  12. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4

=D= =D= =D=

I love Jar Jar....and I will be there :)
  13. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Well, it's the 3D thing I'm not too keen about. Don't want to watch the others in 3D either. I'm kinda a purist, having seen every one of them on the big screen on opening days (including the original back in '77!). Yep, Han shot first! I can't really stand 3D movies (Avatar was graphically great but a horrible story line). I'm not planning to watch Titanic in 3D either, or PussNBoots, or Muppets, or anything in 3D!! $20 for movies that are just as good in 2D, just to get your money? Not me! I now have bluray player, 46" LED screen, popcorn maker, comfy chair, and bathroom right around the corner (and I can pause to go to the bathroom). I don't see going to the movies anymore. Too darn expensive, too loud (ears hurt most of the time after going to a theater), and 3D is just too darn overrated.

I just saw EP1 through 3 on SpikeTV channel. They show all of them on a regular basis. I still can't find anything in EP1 want to see again. Not a Qui Gon fan, Darth Maul not evil enough, Jar Jar the butt of all jokes, and just a stupid story line (what the hell are mediclorians?, George originally had the force as something we can control with our minds, not some stupid sembiote).

Sorry if I'm getting out of line here, I'm just as happy to watch the originals on my "big" screen at home. And that's true of just about all movies these days. If I get to see a movie for free in the theater as part of a troop event then, yeah, I might go. Other than that, paying for overpriced movie tickets is out of the question for me. (rather spend the money on my droid and conventions).

Have fun when it does come out, though.

14. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4

It was decided at the meeting that nnaydolem will contact The Continental and see if they will coordinate a showing where we can show up in costume and do a group viewing.

They're located at 3635 South Monaco, near I-25 and Hampden.

15. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I'd like to see EP 4-6 in 3D... so that is the only reason that I would actually maybe pay to see 1-3 in 3D. But I would love to troop it... just because trooping at opening nights is a lot of fun. And the Continental would be the place to see this. It's where I saw ROTJ and TPM when they first came out.
  16. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Yeah, and nnay, if we do this and who ever pays for tickets to see the movie that night can we get a section reserved for us so we could sit together? That way we don't have to rush in to get the seat and be more of the entertainment, please.
  17. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Theater has been contacted. I spoke to their General manager today. he was very receptive of the idea. I put an email together for their marketing department, which is in California, to find out about the charity side of things. I will follow-up with him next week, since it is Christmas and all. :)

Just an FYI for you :)
  18. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Do we need to put some pictures together for them MA?
  19. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think so at this point. The guy wasn't with the theater for the ROTS, but he was well aware of what the event was and what we did. I'll send you the letter i sent to him after our conversation.
  20. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sweet! I'll break out Mama Vader. Weather willing, I'll be there, but I may need a place to crash if it's an evening show.
  21. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    MA has made contact, things are looking good, more to follow as the details come together, but the early report is the Manager is a huge Star Wars fan and is aware of the group....we are awaiting approval from the corporate types.

Great job =D=
  22. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Hola! Gave the manager a call today. Due to the holidays hasn't heard anything back from corporate. He is expecting next week..we are to touch base on Wednesday or Thursday. But he's excited! [face_dancing]
  23. anthonymaul Jedi Master

star 4
    I think this looks pretty damn cool...I cant wait to see it....
  24. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Lots of progress to report from MA, more details coming soon! But it sounds like a go and we get to pick the charity!

Any suggestions? Urban Peak? Something new?
  25. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    OK, we are a GO for Febuary 10th for EP. I. Looks like we might be able to have some info about the event on the Marquee...more details on Sat.

Hopefully, we will have a special guest at the meeting to fill in all the details :)

A huge shout out to Melody Ann. Great job!=D=
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby