main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode I - Comin' right atcha!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by jthornto, Dec 13, 2011.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    awwww thanks...[face_blush]

2. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    AMC theaters will have a special giveaway for those who see it opening weekend. The AT-AT is by far the coolest.

From their FB post:

Like Star Wars? We're so excited about Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace returning in 3D that we're giving everyone who comes out opening weekend a FREE collectible Fighter Pod! Click to learn more about this AMC Exclusive! http://amcurl.com/iD5

[image=https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400815_10150482430222413_207108197412_9095706_1501428423_n.jpg]

3. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I just picked up a gold heart pin with C3P0 and R2D2 at the local Cinemark. It's for Variety children's charity

4. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

See the January meeting notes thread for details on the event.

5. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
    Cross posted in the Mountain Garrison joint-ops section as requested by Mel. :)

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK...Brad the GM just gave me a little news we will all like. but for now do not post this on FB. :)

It's going to be in the RPX!!! Tickets go on sale this Friday, at this point the show times are 7 & 10.

so great news...he was very happy, but asked we keep that under wraps for now.

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    You all know which one I want!! Someone, please pick up the R2 for me!!

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I've been looking for those all over?!?! Can I bribe you pick one up for me, please?

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    YES!!!! RPX all the way baby!!!

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    so waiting for the Art monkey [face_monkey] to get with the manager...according to our meeting we should have flyers ready to go this weekend!!!!

11. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Who is printing the flyers?

Are we doing these in color or B&W?

Did We officially decide on what Charity?

12. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think color would be great Cory.

I can print some to get us started at least.
    Does anyone else have access to a color printer?

13. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I can print some out. How many would we need? Who should I get them to and by when?

14. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    ... then Color You shall have. [face_monkey]

15. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Brad has been emailed the Logo for the Marquee. [face_monkey]

16. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks JT, I can swing by and grab them this weekend, if that is not too soon. As for #, may 150?/200? I would like to get a stack to everyone to hand out at work etc.

Cory, could we have JPG that we could email or have everyone download and print if they wanted? LMK

I will chat with MA and arrange to get some to Brad.

17. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I should be able to do that. Or close to it.

Cory, you can email me a PDF, which I think would be higher-res...or whatever format you want. Not a problem.

Awesome about the RPX screen!

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    starting tomorrow....

we can plaster the RPX allll OVER the place!

19. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I am at a slight loss as to what body copy we need to see here.

Do I list dates, show times? when tickets go on sale?

I'm waiting on logos for Continental and Regal theaters from Brad.

soon as I have the charity confirmed, I will add that but again, is there info that specifically needs to be attached to that?

Our logo of course but can I have a little suggestion or confirmation on info for the flyer? please?[face_batting]

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    SInce time is of the essence on this, I have the layout done but still need info for the flyer. Brad has not gotten back to me yet with the logos I need and I am leaving town for the weekend so there will be a couple more days til this is complete. If anyone had expectations of this being done before the weekend... sorry. [face_worried]

Hopefully by the time I return, I will have those logos and some suggestions for the info that might need to go on the flyer...
    here's where I am at. [face_monkey]

[image=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/photocor/RMFFFlyer.jpg]

21. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    No Jar Jar?!?!
    Looks great, gra-co. As soon whoever has the answers to your questions provides them, I'd be happy to print them out.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    waiting on brad to call me back...

hey cory...all the info is in the thread, meeting & we did talk about it on the phone you silly nilly.

HEY, ticket are on sale TODAY.

23. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey Rocky Mountain Fan Force, where did you first see Star Wars?

And more importantly, where do you want to see Episode I in 3D?

I, like many of you can say?..the Continental Theatre!
    Rumor has it; our upcoming experience at the Regal Continental 10 RPX offers the best picture we have ever heard!

The RMFF will be out in FORCE to meet and greet all STAR WARS fans attending the 7:00 and 10:00 p.m. showings on Friday, February 10th. Our plan is to collect donations for Urban Peak, a more detailed list of items that are needed to follow.

A great kick off to an amazing 2012! After all we are a Force to Be Reckoned With?.Lets go folks!

Sound off RMFF, are you attending? Please note what costume you plan to wear and perhaps an ETA. I will be posting an invite via FB shortly....assuming that I can figure out how to acutaly do that [face_whistling]

24. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I have re-done the Depa robes, found the makeup, will be re-figuring out the hair this weekend, working out the face jewelry this weekend, and found some brown hairspray to cover up the years since I last did this costume...so, there will be at least one Jedi Council Member in attendance at this illustrious event.

25. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I've committed to another theater (it's more roomy for AL), but if anyone is going on Saturday to the AMC Highlands for the Fox event, I'll be there. I'm feverishly working on a Naboo Officer to go with the scrubber droid (which has a few minor things to finish up). Be on the lookout for a really cheap long burgundy leather jacket (can't afford whole leather right now, so cutting up a cheap leather jacket may be my only option). Won't have hat or gauntlets ready, but everything else will be a go. I've got two weeks to finish, if anyone wants to come over to my place on Saturday the 5th to help out that would be great! Maybe we can do an impromptu costuming party that day at my place so all of us can get ready for this great 3D opening (still won't see it in 3D, though). Free use of sewing machine...