DFW, TX Episode I: "Could have been a lot better"

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by m0rpheus, May 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0rpheus Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ewan on Episode I by way of Episode II:
    ========
    Episode II already has one advantage over the first one, McGregor said: the screenplay.

""It's just a better script,'' he said.

So, was McGregor unhappy with the script for ""Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace''?

""No-o-o,'' he said diplomatically. Then, after a pause: ""It could have been better.''

""Could have been a lot better,'' he added.

==========

Anyone here want to argue with the Jedi who killed that poor excuse for a Sith? (Only to be killed by the coolest Sith ever) I dare ya!I think not.
  2. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll kick his scrawny Scottish buttocks halfway from here to Glasgow if he DARES speak that kind of blasphemy again! LOL!

The streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers.

Who's house?

Run's house!

I said who's house?

Run's house!!!

Martin..... :D
  3. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gee, how did I know Brandon would be the first one to bite?! :p
  4. stone Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah queen, no kidding.

sad thing is... they are both right.
  5. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm more right than Eric is. ;)
  6. scudknight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Poor excuse for a Sith? OOOOOOOHHHHH you better not let DC see that.....
  7. m0rpheus Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think stone is talking about BOTH me and Ewan, Kurgan!
  8. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    What does Ewan care. He's already signed up for Episode 3. He'd have to really piss off Lucas to screw that up.
  9. DarthCynthia Jedi Master

star 2
    I saw it, scudknight LOL. I'm sure Jedilona and I will have to bap Eric over the head w/ Darth Maul lightsabers next time we see him [face_laugh]

I'm just kidding.. LOL. ;)
  10. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Gosh, promote someone to Jedi Knight and they think they can start talking smack....

Some people's Padawans :(
  11. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't care how much pride one has, even Lucas has to admit that "Episode I: The Merchandising Menace" was sub-par. Sure, we all paid to see it, but it was more the principle of the thing.

Kinda like paying (even for the rental) of "Batman And Robin". And I'd still watch "Ep I" over THAT dreck.

Damn you, Joel Shumacher. Damn you to Hell.
  12. Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Knight

I know this has probably been discussed before, but I will discuss it anyway. I was at the first showing of Episode I at the Galaxy theater. Going into the movie every-
    one was excited and pumped. (Even though some idiot prankster was shining his red dot on the screen.) And so we watched the movie.
    And after the movie I couldn't have been more pleased. I loved the movie. It seemed to me like everyone in that theater loved it too. There seems to be many criticisms of this movie. Some say that it was too geared to the child audience. Well the whole Star Wars isma is all about Fantasy. It appeals to the child in all of us. You could say this of Episode 1,4,5, or 6. Especially 6. I want to come back to this child appeal thing, later. Another criticism is that of the commercializing and Merchandizing of the movie. I doubt that anyone could disagree with this criticism. Even George Lucas. But there was more than a decade of anticipation for that movie and the cultural tone from 4,5, and 6 has really changed. It seemed to me that before Episode 1 came there was a growing group of Star Wars unenthusiasts waiting. Waiting to smash on whatever happened. To me it speaks of this child appeal that we never loose, only loose touch with. I love Star Wars, X-men comics, etc... They appeal to my childside. Yet sometimes I get criticized for endulging in these fantasy worlds. "That stuff is for kids" "You need to let that stuff go." I don't ever want to take life that seriously. But then maybe I don't take it seriously enough. There's got to be a happy medium.

Shy Gon Den
  13. jedilona Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm getting that saber ready DM....
    Which way did he go?

LOL ;)
  14. DarthCynthia Jedi Master

star 2
    LOL @ her sithster Jedilona..

girl.. you're changin' icons quicker than I can keep up with.

jk!!!! ;)
  15. jedilona Jedi Master

star 4
    I know LOL
    There's just too many of them.. [face_laugh]
  16. Marababe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey I'm with you Shy Gon. I mean here I am mother of two and waiting in line at midnight to see a movie that half the people I know don't understand why I would waste a vacation day on. But I loved it and can't wait to do it all over again! Wow! This gets me all fired up to do something now. Let's go camp out!!!
  17. Shy_Gon_Jin Jedi Knight

Woo Who!!!!!!!!! That's a great point! Star Wars bringing strangers together. May this be the gateway to world peace. Maybe that's a stretch. Maybe not.

Shy Gon
  18. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    To all those that complain about Episode I--how many times did you see it in the theater again? How many times have you watched it on your BOUGHT VHS tape? How long will you drool over the DVD when it comes out this fall? How much of the 'Merchandising Menace' did you buy?

You all know that you loved every second of the whole experience, and had a big old grin on your face.

"I gots to get me a phat palatial Hollywood estate..."
  19. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    Slow your roll, Speed Racer. Nobody's saying that we regret seeing it. I think Tim said it best when we went and saw "The Last Hope," making the point that the bar was so high for this that there was no way it was going to live up to anyone's expectations. I have always said that it was like the first chapter in a book, having to establish characters and what not.

And I don't own the video. I'm boycotting until the DVD comes out. So there. :p

"Never trust a big butt and a smile." Ah, Ricky Bell, how true those words can be.
  20. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm waiting to see Episodes 2 and 3 before finally judging TPM. I've never really had any proplems with TPM. Sure, it wasn't what I thought it was going to be but I tried to not have any expectations.
  21. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    I'll be

Checkin' out the fans,
    The highs and lows,
    Keepin' one eye open,
    Still clockin' the ho's

Who diss TPM :cool:
  22. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Shouldn't you have Jar Jar as your icon Brian? :D
  23. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    You....are...my flock!

;)
  24. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    Brian, that song is haunting me. I even did it at my karaoke show two weeks ago.
  25. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK Time for me to add my dollar or two on this here subject. (not 10 cents)

Now my view is going to be double sided so Read first...!! Then comment... Got that Chad :p

How many of us sat out there for more than a week to see this movie?

After we saw the movie I can recall NO ONE having anything bad to say. As a matter of fact I recall me Tim and the Mrs,Eric,Brandon,Stone,James and our long lost jedi warrior Jon sitting at the camp site for another 30 minutes to an hour talking about how great it was.

Lastly how many have seen this movie under 4 times...?

Now I will agree there were some things I could have done without or even care to see more of. All movies (IMHO) should have a relationship with its name. The primary name being STAR WARS. I would have cared to see more of just that... War in the Stars. NOW BRING THE RAIN....... He He get it Darth rain

I kill myself

RED 5 OUT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.