main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Episode I DVD Release

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Jul 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

We have several people who are interested in crashing a local retailer on October 16, 2001, dressed in Star Wars costumes to pick up copies of The Phantom Menace on DVD.

I thought we could use this thread to discuss details surrounding this event.

One question is which retailer? I personally thought Media Play in Orem. I'm sure they'll be open at midnight(Late Monday night/Early Tuesday Morning) on October 16.

So what do we want to do? Midnight on the 16th? Early evening that same day? Both?

Do we want to get the local press involved? Should we work the details out with the manager of the store?

I want to hear your ideas! So post away! ;)

Later,

2. Keighvin

Keighvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2001
    Press coverage would be nice - especially since a member of the crew is already affiliated with a local paper. Anything larger than that's your call (could probably get a little bit story on Fox 13 News).

We should let the store know what we're up to - I can't see how they could have any objection to the publicity and sensationalism it would enshroud their business in. If that were the case then perhaps we could use a back room to suit up in, so we don't have to arrive in costume. We could then filter out the back of the store and come around front to arrive in style.

I'm all for doing it when the crowd will be thickest - not just with fans like we'd get at midnight, but a time when we could cause a stir for those to whom this will be truly fantastic. They'd have the most fun, and we'd get the best reaction out of them.

3. KadeBendu

KadeBendu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2001
    I agree with Keighvin about going when the crowd will be the greatest -- maybe the evening of the day of release. If we went at midnight we'd be catering to a more elite group of people.

I definitely think we ought to let the manager of whichever store is chosen know that we would like to come. I would guess that they would be more than willing to cooperate.

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    But you have to make sure that the manager won't tell the other employees. Their reactions would be better than the customers'. ;)

5. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Yep I totally agree with everything!!
    We should definitely do it when the crowd is the biggest.
    Hmmm.......how exciting.....

6. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Has there been any further discussion on where the group will gather for the Ep1 DVD release? I've reserved my copy at Media Play in Orem, so I'm hoping that is still a location which is being considered.

Thanks-
    Tiffany

7. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Tiffany,

Yes, our first choice is Media Play in Orem. I am making arrangements. ;)

Later,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.