main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode I, II, and Clone Wars Summary for someone who is going to see ROTS

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthAJ, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Please I need a summary of all the events (0r important events) for someone that hasn't seen Ep. I and II but is seeing ROTS.

Thanks.

2. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    oh man who has the time to write all that? The plot is too layered to summarise in any straightforward way. You need to look at how all the main characters' arcs effect each other-
    qui-gon, obi-wan, anakin, yoda, Mace, Palpitine, Chancellor Valorum, Padme, Nute Gunray, Maul, Dooku, Watto, Shmi, the Lars family, etc, etc. Even thinking of all those characters was an effort :)

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Episode I -

It is the year 32 BBY (or, 32 years prior to Episode IV), and a trade dispute between the Trade Federation and the planet of Naboo has led to a blockade of the planet. Chancellor Valorum of the Galactic Republic secretly sends two Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn, to resolve the dispute. Unbeknownst to them, the Trade Federation is in league with the mysterious Darth Sidious, who secretly orders an invasion of Naboo and the killing of the two Jedi upon their arrival. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan escape the assassination attempt by the Federation and flee to the surface of Naboo.

On the planet's surface, the Jedi meet local native outcast Jar Jar Binks, who brings them to an underwater Gungan settlement to escape the Trade Federation army. Meanwhile, the Trade Federation invades Naboo and captures their leader, Queen Amidala. The Jedi meet the Gungan leader, Boss Nass, and ask him to help the people of Naboo, but Nass refuses and sends them off in a submarine. The Jedi, with Jar Jar Binks in tow, reach the capital of Naboo and rescue Queen Amidala from the Trade Federation droid army. They depart for Coruscant, the Galactic Republic?s capital planet, to ask for help from the Senate. A droid named R2-D2 heroically repairs the Queen's starship as they narrowly escape an attack from the Federation base ship.

Due to the attack, however, the ship is forced to land on the desert planet of Tatooine for repairs. While searching for needed parts, they befriend young Anakin Skywalker, a slave boy, whose master is Watto, an alien junk dealer. Anakin is gifted with piloting and mechanics (he has built an almost-complete droid named C-3PO). Qui-Gon Jinn senses a strong presence of the Force in Anakin, and feels that he may be the Chosen One who will fulfill a prophecy by bringing balance to the Force. By entering Anakin into a podrace, Qui-Gon orchestrates a gamble in which the boy (alone, since he was unable to include the youth's mother in the bargain) will be released from slavery and they will win the needed parts for their ship. Anakin wins the race and joins the team as they head for Coruscant, where Qui-Gon plans to seek permission from the Jedi Council to train him to be a Jedi. Meanwhile, Darth Sidious sends his apprentice, Darth Maul, to kill the two Jedi and capture the Queen. Maul appears just as the group is leaving the planet, and fights Qui-Gon, who then manages to escape on the ship.

On Coruscant, Qui-Gon Jinn informs the Jedi Council of the mysterious attacker he encountered on Tatooine. Because of his mastery of the Jedi arts, the Council becomes concerned that this may indicate the reappearance of the Sith, a long-gone religious order who followed the Dark Side of the Force. Qui-Gon also informs the Council about Anakin, hoping that he can be trained as a Jedi. After testing the boy and deliberating with one another, the Council refuses, deeming him too old for training according to Jedi Code. They are also concerned due to their sense of what seems to be a clouded future and a strong presence of fear in the boy. Meanwhile, Senator Palpatine (of Naboo) uses Queen Amidala's situation to his advantage by persuading her to call a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum so that he can get himself nominated as the new Chancellor. After doing so, the Queen decides to return to her home planet to repel the invasion of her people. She is frustrated by the Senate's deliberation and lack of action, and feels that by the time Palpatine is elected Chancellor it will be too late. The two Jedi accompany the Queen back to Naboo.

Queen Amidala, back in Naboo, forms an alliance with the Gungan people, uniting in battle against the Trade Federation. After much fighting against the Federation's droid army, defeat for the alliance seems imminent. However, victory is won when young Anakin Skywalker commandeers a fighter and destroys the Federation's droid command ship, rendering the droid army useless. Meanwhile, Queen Amidala and her force fight their way back into the palace and capture the le

4. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    i didn't read that, but whoa

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    It's all from Wikipedia.org. All you have to do is type in "Star Wars" in the search feature and you can find a synopsis for all six films.

6. darthramzafft1

darthramzafft1 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    You just saved me so much money buying Clone Wars books its not even funny.
    [face_dancing]

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I cannot abide people who will see sequels before they see originals. Tell your friend not to be stupid and see the first two films in the series before seeing the third one.

8. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Oh well. I'm not big on the whole "plagerism" thing so I told my source.

I aim to please [face_peace]

10. jeromew

jeromew Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    I would say that there is a galactic war between the republic and the separatists. Sidious, count dooku, and grieveous are fighting for the separatists. Obi-wan, anakin, and the jedi are fighting for the republic. There may be a really bad guy lurking somewhere screwign things up but we don't know who he is. Some people think Anakin will save everyone, but Anakin is sort of shady and is breaking a lot of the rules of the jedi / good guys.

I'm guessing they don't want a long explanation like the kinds we've seen if they don't have time to see the prior episodes. It might not even be necessary. Someone in another thread mentioned you coudl do without I and II and the saga would be better. I don't agree but to a large extent you don't need the prior episodes to appreciate III.

11. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    I disagree. Someone I know who had never seen EpI or EpII saw EpIII and was totally lost. He didn't have a clue what was going on. He knew what would happen, but didn't know what had happened. The death of Count Dooku meant nothing to him. The whole "Palpatine orchestrated the Clone War" meant less than it would have, and Anakin's turning meant very little because he hadn't seen the relationship of Obi-Wan and Anakin. Padme dying meant nothing as well because he didn't know who she really was or what she had done.

I agree with Strilo in saying that people really should see originals before seeing sequels. That is the reason that I will be showing my children the PT first and then the OT, simply because a later part of a story means more when you have seen the first part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.