main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode I is Just like Episode VI

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by FRIENDOFTHEJEDI, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRIENDOFTHEJEDI

FRIENDOFTHEJEDI Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2005
    Have you ever noticed how simalar Episode I and VI are. I mean Jabba is like Boss Nass. The core reactor in the Death Star looks like the core reactor in the Droid Contol ship. When Darth Vader(Anakin Skywalker) was burned it is like when Qui-Gon Jinn was burned. And the endings where the same; Fireworks and a big party!

2. i_dont_know

i_dont_know Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2005
    Yeah, a fair few people have noticed this. Nice spotting though.

Return of the Jedi parallels "The Phantom Menace" and "Revenge of the Sith" most strongly.
    The Phantom Menace parallels "Revenge of the Sith", "A New Hope", and "Return of the Jedi".

This will sound odd to someone who hasn't watched the movies repeatedly, but it became apparent to me (a while ago actually) that the saga starts green and ends green. TPM and ROTJ have the most scenes set in a green environment.
    The only green setting in Revenge of the Sith is Kashyyk, and that turns fittingly grey after most of the Wookies are wiped out.

Check out the "Visual Storytelling" thread if you haven't already.

3. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    I thought that was what Lucas kinda wanted to do. I somehow remember that in the making of TPM!

4. CAPTAIN_CHOLO

CAPTAIN_CHOLO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2006
    Yes, I noticed this too ... After watching the entire saga in that sequence.

5. CAPTAIN_CHOLO

CAPTAIN_CHOLO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2006
    I almost forgot to ad that Anakin's "victory scream", as well as that from those Naboo pilots, after blowing the droid control ship, sound pretty much like Lando Calrissian, after blowing the second Death Star.

... And they both ocurred at the end of the film.

6. DarthMyBoy

DarthMyBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2003
    I think the endings to the movies are cool. The episodes in each trilogy each have similar endings...

I & IV both have celebrations

II & V have 2 people and 2 droids looking out pondering the future

III & VI have people gazing off (Kind of a stretch, I know)

7. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    that is true about the screams!

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    And the Gungans and Ewoks.

9. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Yeah, i think Lucas has said that the mirroring of Episodes I and VI are to "bookend" the saga.

But then ROTS sorta mirrors ROTJ as well.

So if you think about I, III and VI are the same film. So really, half the darn saga is just ROTJ!! :eek:

10. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    IMHO, to most, if not all cynical fanboys, TPM looked too much like ROTJ (the last and "worst" film in the O-OT - yes, we hated it back then, too); both of them were too kiddy, and kind of a stupid way to start/end the Star Wars Saga; both of them had annoying kid-friendly characters: Jar Jar and Wicket; both of them had unbelievable plot twists: Anakin "accidentally" destroying the Droid Control Ship, and the completely revolting idea that the Executor would go out like such a punk; both of which were, apparently, pretty upsetting to a lot of fans, even to this day.

And fans like me were as disturbed at the way Vader suddenly turned good in ROTJ, and... (sniff) died; he was supposed to be evil forever, right? And why did he have to die? He was my favorite; as a lot of others were disturbed by kid Anakin (which I wasn't) in 1999.

To me, though,TPM makes ROTJ make a hell of a lot more sense, for the reasons others listed in above posts.

P.S. Because of the Gungans, I now have come to think that the Ewoks are alright, but all my friends would laugh at me... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.