main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode I Podrace: "Use this power source"?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    In PM, Qui-Gon gives anakin a power source to use for the upcoming pod race. is this item of any significance? Does this help anakin win the race? Plus, where did Qui-Gon get it?

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    No. No. From the Jedi.

3. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    "from the Jedi" is kind of vauge.

Do all jedi carry pod racer power packs just in case?
    How about Shark Repellant?

4. achtungdaibut

achtungdaibut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I thought it might have been a power source for a lightsaber.

5. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    It's something he stole from Watto's shop. The bloody thief.

6. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    They probably had multi-use power sources. That's my guess, anyway.

I don't think Qui-Gon would stoop so low as to steal from Watto, although you never know.

7. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    Why not? He cheated in the dice game. That's essentially stealing a bet.

8. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    Well, maybe he bought it while Anakin was working on the pod?

9. Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn

Darth_Qui_Gon_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2005
    Well what is it? Is it like a battery for a car or something, to start the spark or what? And why wouldnt Anakin already have this. And why would Qui-Gon already have this? Why was this line even put in the movie. Are we supposed to believe that Anakins victory/fate was manipulated by Qui-Gon? Since Qui-Gon is the reason that Anakin was trained, and he did free him from slavery...

is this a character buildup for Qui-Gon, telling us that he manipulated things to get what he wanted. Not like horribly bad things, but he felt Anakin was the chosen one and yet he had to give him a push out the door so to speak. If Anakin really were destined for greatness, Qui-Gon wouldnt have had to have such a hand in it.

10. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Rem when Qui Gon asked Obi one over the com if they had anything to sell in the ship and Obi wan said 'nothing of that value , only the Queens wardrobe (clothes)' Maybe they actually sold them to get whatt(o) ;) they could and Qui Gon used the money to buy the power source / thing for Anakin.

Im off to see Mrs Darth-Tater

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I think you are thinking too much. Maybe Qui-Gon got it from the queen's ship. Maybe he got it from the Jedi as a standard thing they can carry. Who knows. I guarantee it is not some part of a plan by Qui-Gon. He didn't even know of Anakin until they landed on Tatooine.

12. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Well what is it? Is it like a battery for a car or something, to start the spark or what? And why wouldnt Anakin already have this. And why would Qui-Gon already have this? Why was this line even put in the movie. Are we supposed to believe that Anakins victory/fate was manipulated by Qui-Gon? Since Qui-Gon is the reason that Anakin was trained, and he did free him from slavery...

I think all pods use a sort of "external battery" to power the starter. This would cut down on weight and a pod racer could use the extra space not taken up by a battery to add extra fuel injectors (like Anakin's pod). I makes sense for a vehicle that you will probably only start once in a while whenever there is a race. A regular integral battery might lose its juice if it sat for a while in between races, like a car's battery if you don't drive the car in a long time. Anakin probably had a few scattered around his house to use and maybe Qui-Gon just selected the one that had the most juice, or was still on the charger, or whatever. I don't think it was a magic device Qui-Gon used to ensure Anakin won the pod race. Sometimes a power source is just a power source.

13. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    You are thinking way to much, like Strilo said.

14. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    ""from the Jedi" is kind of vauge.

Do all jedi carry pod racer power packs just in case?
    How about Shark Repellant?
    "

[face_laugh] :D [face_laugh]

You're the shizz DS.

15. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    You guys are thinking too much into this. He probably took it from Anakin's tool box in the "Spare Power Sources Container."

Monologue - "Hmm, were gunna need to test her in a little while, why don't I go get Anakin a Power Source from his tool box.

A few minutes later...

To Anakin - "Here use this power source."

Logical and simple. Just how I like it.

16. Darth-Tater

May 9, 2005
    You re crazy.

17. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    No,it says specifically in TPM novel that Qui-Gon took it from Watto's shop. He knew Anakin would need one,so he swiped it. :)

18. Darth-Tater

May 9, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.