main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Episode II and the Expanded Universe *

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorranH

CorranH Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    hello hello???? the new jedi order

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    This thread is only for connection to AOTC so you'll get no help on NJO try the lit board you'll find all the NJO you can handle.

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    in SBS everyone dies.

wk

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Uppers!

I suppose this is the best we're gonna get, until someone fixes DL's brain .....

wk

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Like weezer said, if you wanna talk about NJO, go to the Lit. boards. This thread is about the EU in relation to the movies.

6. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Rogue Planet relates to both :D :p

wk

7. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yes, yes it does.

There was a thread that got locked before I could get to it asking if Mara Jade was in AOTC.

I just wanted to point out that she kinda is in my all time favorite GL word play name...

Mari Amithest :D

8. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    What about the hoverchair that Cliegg Lars is sitting in? Does it bear any realtion to the hoverchair of Mako Spince in Dark Empire?

Or was the whole hoverchair thing a false rumour?

9. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    It's in there, still.

Common Sci-Fi device. ( See X-Men. )

10. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I still want to know why AS doesn't mention Luminari's cool lightsaber style.

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Is it confirmed that they are spaarti cylinders?

..And Mari Amithest...i don't get it...yet.

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Mari is similar/short for Mara

Amethist is similar to Amethyst a simi precious stone/rock. Much like Jade is.

Get it.

13. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Whoa now! That IS pretty cool! Good old George.

14. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I wonder how the little girl looks.

If she has green eyes and red hair, I think that Purists just barely got out of having a Mara Jade-free AotC. [face_laugh]

15. TwistedMentat

TwistedMentat Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    My question is simple:

Are there instances where EU is contradicted by the movies?

If yes, can you name a few?

If no, I will be on my merry way.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S. Tis is not a flame/bash/troll thing. I'm just curious.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There are no contradictions between the EU and the movies. If you find any, it is probably merely a result of your not doing sufficient research on the subject.

17. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Could someone give me a hand and help me hold my tongue? Just get the other end. Use the legs. :p

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I would just like to say that Bib is right.

As an aside I used to think that Bib, Sturm, and the rest of the EUDF were full of hot air.

Then Sturm was made a mod. No wait...I mean then I actually (god forbid) listened to what they have to say and you know what they are right. ;) :D

19. IceCold4x4

IceCold4x4 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    This is old but i just had a bolt of lightning
    Quote: Padme Bra

Quote:
    ""IIRC, the quote about Vader meeting Yoda was that Anakin wished that he'd met Yoda to thank him for training Luke. That banishes any contradictions, because it simply means that Anakin nver met Yoda post-PT.""

"I would buy that, except that the quote is, he wish he'd met THIS Yoda."

When you said that he wished he had met THIS yoda, maybe he meant that yoda had changed, remember how he refused to train anakin. I think he is saying that he would like to met the yoda that agreed to train a 20 something year old. EDIT : IMHO. Who knows with literature you can read so many things into a paragraph. If you have ever read the cliff notes to tom sawyer then you know what I'm talkin about. Tom Sawyer as a social commentary on homosexuality, PLEASE ROTFLMAO.

20. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    A place to call home especially in just a few weeks, after seeing the movie...

I always thought Garm Bel Iblis would be a good choice for a cameo in II or III.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm sure the EU could just pick some random background Senate guy and make him be Bel Iblis. It's done this before, with people like Quinlan Vos.

22. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Movies have contradicted the EU, buut then the EU backtracks and attempts to tie it all together.

Still, the entire PT pretty much throws the whole C'Boath thing out the window, if I remember my timelines correctly. It's been a while.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Movies have contradicted the EU, buut then the EU backtracks and attempts to tie it all together.

That's exactly the reason why there are no errors.

Still, the entire PT pretty much throws the whole C'Boath thing out the window, if I remember my timelines correctly. It's been a while.

Not at all. C'baoth (and the Outbound Flight Project) perished shortly after TPM.

24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Could someone give me a hand and help me hold my tongue? Just get the other end. Use the legs.

[face_laugh]

Now let's hold on...As I often say, there's contradictions. They just haven't been officially fixed yet. And sometimes a "contradiction" depends on your POV.

For example, PadmeBra probably thinks that Zahn's Spaarti cloning cylinders go against the ones in AotC ( different growth rates for clones. )

Me and Bib will just say that Spaartis ( or the Kaminoans' ) weren't the only cloning devices used over those 2 years of the Clone Wars.

See?

Edit : Another example...

The ROTJ novelization implies that when Vader was Anakin, he never met Yoda. ( Paraphrasing Anakin's thoughts ), "He wished he had met Yoda, thanked him for Luke's training."

To PB, it's a contradiction.

For some of us, Anakin is specifically thinking of wishing to see Yoda to thank him for Luke's training.

The first way to make sure everyone is happy is to show that their thoughts aren't necessarily "wrong", because sometimes they aren't...from their point of view. ( Gosh that line is so cliche. )

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    To back Sturm up, the quote from RotJ says just that: Anakin wished he could meet Yoda to thank him for training Luke. I don't have the novel handy, so I can't type the exact quote. But it's my favorite novelization to date, and I've read & re-read it I don't know how many times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.