main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Episode II and the Expanded Universe *

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Hehe, I just found something quite interesting in Episode 2:

In the movie, C-3PO is talking to Padme and he says "That's something I cannot relate to. As a protocol droid, I'm either active or inactive. There's no in-between."

Now compare that to his demeanor in the Agents Of Chaos books. I guess Threepio has changed a bit over 50 years!

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    What do you mean, Bib?

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    JOCASTA NU : No co-ordinates? It sounds like the kind of directions you'd get from a street tout... some old miner or Furbog trader.

Doesn't Anakin mention furbog traders in TAS?

EXT. NABOO LAKE RETREAT - NIGHT
    The silent lodge. The triple moons of Naboo reflected in the tranquil waters of the lake.

Is it just me, or are a lot of these planets gaining third moons? :eek: I don't have my Secrets of Naboo handy...

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    In Agents of Chaos, Threepio is constantly worried about his own mortality and he fears his eventual "death."

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Up again, since the first one apparently didn't up it.

7. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Ah, looking at my SoN book, it indeed lists Naboo as having three moons. ( Published in early 2001, by the way.)

Whaddya say PB...Lucky guess by the RPG writers or did Lucas exchange information? :D I vote the former.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Maybe all the EU is ghost written by a very exhausted George Lucas. ;)

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
  10. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    [image=http://www.nenya.net/sw/anakin_hand.jpg]

Your thanks should go to Tai-Zec. The man who brought you the VISUAL DICTIONARY.

No, this is not a joke. Enjoy.

11. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Holy ****! :eek: ( Thank you Sil! )

12. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Let's give Sil a hand!

...heh heh..ahem.

So...big day for episode II related EU.

Those holocrons in the VD sure look like the ones seen in the Tales of the Jedi and Dark Empire comic book series'.

And Jango was raised on Concord Dawn...and raised by the Mandalorians.

13. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    This Visual Dictionary stuff is very interesting, let me add my comments from what I've saved as a text file...

The Jedi wiped out the Mandalorians, a mercinary group, and Jango Fett was the only survivor.

I find it to be strange that LFL decided to place this occurance before 22 years BSW4, as it was always known to be "during the Clone Wars", and no set date was ever given. I guess that they figured it was better here, since it would tie into Jango hating the Jedi. But then that throws out of whack Boba himself fighting against the Jedi in these battles, as seen in Marvel # 68, something which didn't even mess continuity if left alone.

And coupled with this...

Jango Fett was raised on Concord Dawn.

...It seems that LFL is ret-conning Fett's background, making most of the past stories actually be Jango Fett, which I believe was your theory, wasn't it Mavrick? After all, Boba is a clone of Jango, so it could make sense. This would pretty much garauntee that Boba Fett has false memories of some sort, if he imagines himself to be taking part in these events. And my theory of Fenn Shysa also being a clone may come true as well.

Darth Tyranus recruited Jango Fett 10 years before Episode II.

I'll bet you anything that sometime in 2003 or 2004, we'll be getting a prequel era novel about Dooku leaving the Order, meeting with Sidious, Sifo-Dyas beginning the cloning on Kamino, and Jango meeting with Tyranus on Bogden.

In Mandalorian tradition, boys are tested at age 13 to face the trials of manhood. The rites are occasionally fatal.

The only reason I see this as being mentioned is that it must hint at something. How old would Boba Fett be in Episode III? 12, I think. :)

Slave-I is a Firespray class ship from Kuat designed to patrol the prison planet of Oovo IV. Slave-I displays the colors of the patrol ship.

Oovo IV was from Racer. And I'm wondering if the background of Slave I from the Bounty Hunter Wars will be used. As I explained once many months ago, it could be that Boba and Kuat of Kuat redesigned the vessel shortly after AotC, which would explain its different interiors between Episodes II and V.

The Sith Holocron in the Jedi Archives vaults is the only one known to exist. Few Jedi know it is there. Count Dooku is rumored to have used it for teachings.

If "known to exist" is to be taken at face value, that means older Sith Holocrons must have been lost or destroyed.

Think it's the same one that Sidious had Maul retrieve from Hath Monchar in Darth Maul - Shadow Hunter? Maybe not, since Sidious / Palpatine probably wouldn't let it fall into the hands of the Jedi. So each side has their own...

Zam Wesell was trained on Denon, the second-most important planet after Coruscant. She is trained in the teachings of Mabari.

Ah, the second most important planet in the galaxy and this is the first mention! Retrocontinuity is so great. :p

Shmi finished C-3PO's coverings with parts she bought from Watto.

If Threepio is finished as Anakin and Padme walk up to the Lars homestead, then why the heck does Padme complete his coverings in the shooting script?

14. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999

Also,we see that the clone troopers wesr armor based on the the armor of mandalorian warriors and that some clones develop CLONE MADNESS or insanity. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How long will it before Spaarti becomes a kominoan word meaning human !!!!?HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sturm,the holocron in SH was a regular holocron. Not a Special sith or jedi one. Anyone could access provided they knew how to operate it. (It was like a rubix cube)

15. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    "I find it to be strange that LFL decided to place this occurance before 22 years BSW4, as it was always known to be "during the Clone Wars", and no set date was ever given. I guess that they figured it was better here, since it would tie into Jango hating the Jedi. But then that throws out of whack Boba himself fighting against the Jedi in these battles, as seen in Marvel # 68, something which didn't even mess continuity if left alone. "

Weren't the mandalorians in that comic mandalorian watchmen of the mandalore system . Not mercanaries?

16. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "I'll bet you anything that sometime in 2003 or 2004, we'll be getting a prequel era novel about Dooku leaving the Order, meeting with Sidious, Sifo-Dyas beginning the cloning on Kamino, and Jango meeting with Tyranus on Bogden."

Doesn't Dooku first meet Jango in Open Seasons? As seen on the cover of issue #3 of course.

"If "known to exist" is to be taken at face value, that means older Sith Holocrons must have been lost or destroyed."

In JA: SE #2 The Followers the Jedi know about rumors of Sith Holocrons on many worlds. They have investigated them all and found no leads. They are just myths and legends, or very well hidden (They even send a team, Bant and Kit Fisto, to Korrbian). Then one turns up on Kodia, beneath the sea. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan go after the Professor Lundi to stop him from obtaining it. The Holocron is lost though, and everyone escapes before the rising tide and swallows them up. Ten years later, at the next low tide Obi-Wan and Anakin go to Kodia again, find the Holocron has been taken away and follow the theif. They eventually capture the Holocron. This is the Sith Holocron from the Visual Dictonary, the one in the temple. :)

17. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Also,we see that the clone troopers wesr armor based on the the armor of mandalorian warriors and that some clones develop CLONE MADNESS or insanity. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Where was that said? :eek:

Sturm,the holocron in SH was a regular holocron. Not a Special sith or jedi one. Anyone could access provided they knew how to operate it. (It was like a rubix cube)

Oh yeah.

Was the last appearance of a Sith Holocron in the Tales of the Jedi comics?

Weren't the mandalorians in that comic mandalorian watchmen of the mandalore system . Not mercanaries?

Shocktroopers, or Supercommandos. Apparently what Jango was before becoming a bounty hunter.

Doesn't Dooku first meet Jango in Open Seasons? As seen on the cover of issue #3 of course.

Don't know, haven't seen it. Though I think Open Seasons takes place five years before AotC, doesn't it?

Edit - Ah, cool stuff from The Followers,Wedge. I'm gonna read that in May.

18. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "In JA: SE #2 The Followers they Jedi know about rumors of Sith Holocrons on many worlds. They have investigated them all and found no leads. They are just myths and legends, or very well hidden. Then one turns up on Kodia, beneath the sea. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon go after the Professor Lundi to stop him from obtaining it. The Holocron is lost though, and everyone escapes before the rising tide swallows them up. Ten years later, at the next low tide Obi-Wan and Anakin go to Kodia again, find the Holocron has been taken away and follow the theif. They eventually capture the Holocron. This is the Sith Holocron from the Visual Dictonary, the one in the temple."

I'm guessing it's a different one. Rumor has it that Dooku explored the Sith Holocron, and he left the order 3 years before the Anakin/Obi-Wan section of the book occurs.

Moving on, Open Seasons spans a long period of time, Sturm, from Jango's childhood to adulthood. The JF one shot takes places 5 years before AOTC.

Maybe Boba reforms the Mandalorians with Fenn Shysa? Who knows...maybe light will be shed on this when that Boba Fett children's book comes out.

I believe it was Chris McElroy's theory that the Jaster backstory would get tacked onto Jango's backhistory. I always thought that theory would get blown out of the water by the fact that Jaster mentions the Imperial Stormtroopers in that section of the short story.

19. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Hmm. Well, then the Visual Dictonary lies. There are more than one Sith Holocrons in the Temple. Or Ms. Jude Watson just screwed up while trying to make a story out of the Holocron.

20. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Hmm...well the VD mentions that the archives vault contains the only known Sith HolocronS (plural).

21. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    True. True.

So, Jude Watson just made a big deal of a plot point, namely finding a rumored Sith Holocron, when it is already a mute point. As Dooku has left the order by the time Obi-Wan brings back the Holocron from the story.

Sigh. :)

22. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Clone madness

There ya go. Go to the bottom Sturm. Talks about how trhe accelerated growth of a clone can drive em mad.

Little do the kominoans know that years later the true rason of the insanity would be discovered and that a way to counteract it would be found. ;)

23. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Hmm...it's odd though. This new backstory gives quite a good reason for why Jango would ever choose to have himself cloned a thousand times over...he wants to revive the Mandalorian Army.

24. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
  25. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Hmm.

This book has EU info in almost every page, whether big or small.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.