*Episode II and the Expanded Universe *

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CobaltGrC Jedi Padawan

The question I have is: Are stormtroopers in the OT clones? If not what happened to cause the use of clones to be discontinued... and if they are then the whole Clone thing in the "Hier to the Empire" series with Lukes getting strange feelings when he runs into Thrawns clones kinda feels a little off.

If all stormtroopers are clones then Luke shouldn't have been botehred by this.
  2. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Remains to be seen. We'll have an answer by Episode III.

I doubt it, though.

I see it as an evolution in three steps. Battle droids - Clonetroopers - Stormtroopers.
  3. dash101 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, no one is certain of that..

but we'll soon see I guess..
    In Ep. III

-dash101
  4. THE_DOODE Jedi Master

star 4
    This movie will be awesome but just think how much effort will go into Episode 3

it will be the best movie ever !
  5. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Actually, Luke only felt "disoriented" when he faced a clone of himself.
  6. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
    "If not what happened to cause the use of clones to be discontinued"

WEll,if they are discontinued it's probaly cause:

1. Clones take ten years to grow. The minimum amount of safe time is 1. Grow em to fast and they go insane. Some of the first clones created and assigned to the fleet go insane after awhile. Obviously created before it was discovered that the safe amount of time to grow a clone is 1 to ten years.

2.Why wait ten years when you have trillions of beings to recruit from the greater galaxy.

7. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, there's a short story found in the Galactic Battlegrounds Strategy Guide that confirms that SOME stormtroopers are clones, while others are trained at academies.

Also, the unmasked stormtrooper found in Marvel # 86: The Alderaan Factor looks EXACTLY like Temuera Morrison!
  8. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Two things:

1. Interestingly, in that revised third screenplay draft, the clones are referred to as "stormtroopers," when Obi-Wan first sees them on Kamino. Hmmmm...

2. Holy crap. Mavrick, you're right. Nice coincidence... ;)
  9. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    I just thought that I would bring this UP,

If you look at the lightsabres page you find that Plo Koon's is Mace's from TPM, Bultar Swan seems to have inherited Adi Gallia's (more on this in a moment) and Kit Fisto's is the one that Eeth Koth and Mace Windu exchanged in Emissaries to Malastre.

So it seems some of the continuity/lightsaber colour issues are being sorted out correctly, Plo now will have a blue one.

So did Eeth Koth and Kit Fisto exchange sabres in the concordance of Fealty? Only time will tell.

the TPM Adi Gallia lighstabre however is Red (JPB/EtM), so Bultar Swan's must be a copy of Adi's. Because padawans lightsabres often resemble (according to the visual dictionary) their master?s sabre, I wonder if Bultar was Adi's padawan for a while?

Also if Plo has Mace's old sabre due to the Concordance of Fealty, why has Mace got a new one? Maybe he lost it during a mission?

JEDI TEMPLE (INT)

PLO KOON: Hey Mace, I think we should give our sabres back to each other since the Concordance of Fealty has ended.
    MACE WINDU: Er, yeah Plo I was meaning to tell you about that. You know when I went on that mission to (insert planet here) I sort of (mumble) dropped your lightsabre into a deep hole and couldn?t get it out (mumble)
    PLO KOON: Sorry Mace I couldn?t hear you. What did you say?
    MACE WINDU: Yeah, er how about you just keep mine and I?ll build a new one?
    PLO KOON: Where?s my old one!

Just thought you?d like to stay informed, more when I get it.
  10. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's see if we can work this out:

Fenn Shysa (to Leia Organa): "--An' I'm sorry I snapped at ya. Look, maybe we'd get along better if I told ya somethin' o the situation aroun' here, a situation what started long years ago, when I was part of a group o' supercommandos charged with the ultimate protection o' Mandalore. It was a job I was proud of."

This is probably before the Clone Wars.

"But when Palpatine made his move to set up a Galactic Empire, the government o' Mandalore sent us inta the Clone Wars on the Emperor's side."

He might have messed up his dates. Odds are pretty good he didn't actually fight in the Clone Wars and that he simply helped Palpatine in the early days of the Emperor. Or maybe the Mandalorian Protectors were involved in the Clone Wars (though I doubt Boba Fett was), fighting alongside their former enemies, the Jedi? The whole Jedi vs. Mandalorian thing doesn't need to be a Clone War event anymore, as it occured long before the Clone Wars.

"An' it was durin' briefin' sessions on the enemies o' the Empire, Princess, that I became acquainted with yer comely features."

Perhaps he means her mother Padme?

"At any rate, the war was finally won--but at a terrible cost. Of two hundred an' twleve Mandalorian Protectors what went inta battle, only three survived."

This is probably not the same battle as the one where the Jedi killed all the Mandalorians except for Jango. Since it seems likely that Jango's Mandalorian group was in fact a band of Mercenaries, its possible that the Government of Mandalore set up an entirly new group (not mercenaries), one to protect the planet.

"Our chief officer, who'd become disenchanted with fightin' fer other people, set off on his own an' ended up the canniest bounty hunter in the known worlds. That, o' course, was Boba Fett."

Hmmm. This could yet work. We now know that Mandalorian Shocktroopers cant begin their training until age 13. Boba would be 13 at 19 BBY, one year after Episode III, effectively making him untouchable until Episode III comes out, and letting Episode III do to Boba Fett whatever it wants to do. I'm not sure how this would make him a commanding officer, but he certainly could have "gone into battle on the Empire's side".

"The other survivors were meself an' me boyhood chum, Tobbi Dala. Tobbi an' me returned to Mandalore to start over, but we found things had changed durin' our leave. Our homeworld had been overrun by slavers, sanctioned by the Empire, an' they'd turned Mandalore into a conscription center fer slaves needed to work the fact'ries. farms an' mines what kept the Imperial war machine runnin'. That's when me an' Tobbi went underground to form an outlaw band. An' we've been fightin' to give Mandalore back to Mandalorians ever since!"

So, the Mandalorians left Mandalore to help the Empire and after they all get nearly wiped out in battle, they find their planet controlled by slavers, setting up the Marvel story.
  11. Matthew Trias Chosen One

star 6
    "Well, there's a short story found in the Galactic Battlegrounds Strategy Guide that confirms that SOME stormtroopers are clones, while others are trained at academies. "

Actually,I think it's pretty obvious from the story that all the troopers were clones. The guy who thought he wasn't? Clone.

Remember,the Clones don't know they're clones. They also have implanted memories. REad what he says in the beginning about clone stormtroopers never retiring. Then read his thoughts on retirement. Very likely that he was a clone.

The fact that the stormtroopers in that story are clones doesn't mean that the Empire continued using clones. The story takes place a year after Episode III. Nineteen years before ANH. Clone troopers were probaly phased out.
  12. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    "Actually,I think it's pretty obvious from the story that all the troopers were clones. The guy who thought he wasn't? Clone.

Remember,the Clones don't know they're clones. They also have implanted memories. REad what he says in the beginning about clone stormtroopers never retiring. Then read his thoughts on retirement. Very likely that he was a clone."

Very true. The thought had occured to me, however, its nice to have an out, just in case Episode III says all stormtroopers are clones.
  13. Kast_Morben Force Ghost

star 4
    I just though I'd move this UP

Here's a picture from the Graphic novel, look in the bottom right hand corner, that's Aalya Secura!

Aalya Comic Picture

EDIT: Notice how it says that brave Jedi are falling, yet she isn't dying! Wooooo!
  14. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Qulin Vos is in the TPB too. :D
  15. Jedi Merkurian ST Thread Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    OFFICIAL Continuity Fixes as of the Revised Essential Guide to Characters:

*Callista's Jedi Master, Djinn Altiss(sp?) was a maverick much like Qui-Gon Jinn. One "rebellious" thing he did was to train apprentices (like Callista) who were older than infants. The reason that Callista didn't advise Luke about "PT era" style training is because she herself was not trained that way and was unfamiliar with those methods.

*Rannik Solusar earned the disapproval of the Jedi Council by marrying & fathering a son, Kam. Kam's training was incomplete when he fled DEEP into the Outer Rim/Unknown Regions during the Jedi Purges. He didn't come back until after the Battle of Endor.

*Ki-Adi Mundi was given special permission to marry & bear children because of cultural/species considerations.

*The "Jaster Mereel" story = Urban Legends

*Corellian Jedi are...Correllian.
  16. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Uh... what about Anakin's age.

It it generaly agreed upon that he had a birthday during TPM ?[face_plain]
  17. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    "*The "Jaster Mereel" story = Urban Legends"

Actually, it seems to still be pending. Jaster Mereel was a Mandalorian warrior that Jango fought alongside with, and a good friend. His armor is the armor Boba Fett wears.

More than likely, Boba goes to his father's homeworld of Concord Dawn and adopts the personage of his father's late friend at some point.

As for Anakin's age, he either had a birthday the month after or the month of TPM.
  18. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I posted this over in lit to but...

You lit guys seem to know your stuff with all of the info in the AOTC novel shouldn't you be able to pin it down pretty close.

From what I gathered Anakin's birthday was on the same day/just before his arival on Anison
  19. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I posted this over in lit to but...

You lit guys seem to know your stuff with all of the info in the AOTC novel shouldn't you be able to pin it down pretty close.

From what I gathered Anakin's birthday was on the same day/just before his arival on Anison
  20. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    What kind of EU references are in the Aotc novelization.
  21. WildKarrde7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, I would like to know that too. Are there any EU references in the AOTC novel? I don't want to read it yet, but I am curious.
  22. Mavrick889 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok now, here are the list of possible continuity problems with the EU in AOTC and the already created OFFICIAL and possibly official fixes:

The Lost Twenty - The New Essential Guide to Characters has already said that this is only the Jedi MASTERS who have willfully left the order.

Cloning - No real errors, surprisingly. They aren't called Spaari cylinders (they aren't really called anyrthing), but they do look like them, and the movie does establish that the Kaminoans arent the only cloners in the galaxy.

Jedi and Marriage - Ki-Adi Mundi, Rannik Solusar, and Nejaa Halycon are all special cases, according to the New Essential Guide to Characters.

Boba Fett and Jaster Mereel - Already, a tentative fix is in place, one created by the New Essential Guide and the new Jango Fett comic series. Jaster Mereel was a Mandalorian friend of Jango's and Boba now wears his armor. Concord Dawn was Jango's homeworld.

Tusken Raiders - Females in AotC are meant to stay at home raising children, however, those in Outlander are allowed to fight alongside men. Perhaps we're seeing different clans?

Age of the Republic/Full scale wars? - HolonetNews.com confirms that the Republic went through a reformation 1000 years ago, right after the Battle of Ruusan. It got rid of its navy, army etc and the Jedi went through some changes as well. No full scale wars have been fought since.

No navy? - Many EU sources refer to a Republic Navy, but we now know that they were referring to the Republic Planetary Defensese, nicknamed the navy.
  23. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    I mean any specific references to EU stuff, like the mention of Rishi's Maze from the Zahn Trilogy
  24. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sorry man, thaere are no EU references at all in the AotC novel, not even anything like TPM's Sith origins.

few meaningless things tho= Palo was Padme's boyfriend, The Genosians give Dooku the deathstar plans, Jango is from the Bogden moons. There is nothing in this book that connected to any of the other EU that's already out.

Damn R.A. Salvatore, he at least put in some EU stuff in Vector Prime.
  25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Not exactly. Salvatore wanted a sort of rogue Jedi in his novel, so the LFL editors told him to use Kyp Durron. That's about the extent of his EU usage in Vector Prime.

As far as knowledge of the GFFA goes among the authors, I'd say Salvatore is in the bottommost percentile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.