main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL ***Episode II - ATOC Countdown Thread!!!***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by XackAttack, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Peter Jackson has said in interviews that he isn't going to change the title of the film. I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.

Phil

2. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    124 Days and counting.....

The title "The Two Towers" for LOTR is lame, but then again, what kind of name is "The Phantom Menace?"

3. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'm suprised with all that has happened and all the political-correctness(is that a word) that they would change the name "The Two Towers". I, myself, don't have a problem with it. Heck, I wish they would rerun "The Simpsons" where Homer's car is booted in the middle of the Trade Towers. It's one of the funniest episodes.

Ok, I'm on my soapbox now. I grieve with the rest of the nation for what happened on 9/11 but you can't hide the fact that the World Trade Center towers did exist. In AOTC, there's talk of a scene being deleted where a ship crashes into a tower during a chase. We, as Americans, experienced the ultimate horror on that 'day of infamy'and I think we can handle a movie where there is a shot of the WTC in the backround or a scene where something explodes.

Sorry for the rambling but it's something I had to get out.

Mark

4. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I sympathize with you Mark, Ok, I grieve with the rest of the nation for what happened on Sept. 11th but we need to move on, the World Trade Center towers did exist, let's keep that legend living forever. Let?s be positive and think what that tragedy did for this nation, it UNITED us?

This is a thought I wrote a while ago, actually is what I want written in my tombstone when I move to the next life: ?Remember me when I?m gone from here, remember me but not with tears; remember all the good times and forget the bad ones, because is better to forget than to remember me and cry? When I pass to next life no matter how tragic it is, all I ask my friends is that when they think about me I want them to remember all the happy moments. I always bring a smile out of anyone around me, and that is the way I would like to be remembered.

My whole point is that I always hear Bush and everyone else saying: ?United We Stand, Let?s show them that we are not scared, today we stand stronger?? I agree with Bush, real powerful words, but what bathers me is the extremist and the trend followers that take advantage of the situation. The original Spider man campaign got cancelled and the movie pushed back because of WTC (the first trailer and the movie posters). The Freddy Got finger DVD, the ?I rather be in Afghanistan sowing soccer balls? line which is the punch line for the end of the movie, was deleted even the end of the movie was changed. There is numerous movies, TV shows, video clips etc. that have to be changed because is related to WTC. They call it ?is out of respect? but what happen to ?Let?s show them that we are not scared?

5. Darth_diarrhea

Darth_diarrhea Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    i totally agree it's hard to never forget the trade towers and what happened when no one wants to talk about it or have anything to do with it. :(

6. XackAttack

Oct 2, 2001
    123 Days!

Wow, days going by quick.

7. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    We're closer than you think. It's 122 days to AOTC.

Phil

8. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    And now, 121 to go.

WOOHOOO!!!

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Totally off topic, (but since when don't we stray off topic?) but when did they "move the Spider-Man movie? I don't think they did at all. At WizardWorld last August, I got a Daily Bugle Press Pass (way cool huh?) The release date was May 3rd. Guess what, it's still May 3rd. It never changed! AAAAAAHHHH the rumors, the rumors that are now facts! Sorry gotta take the medication now.

10. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    I don't remember exactly when, but early in 2001 I heard that they were planing to release Spiderman during the first two weeks of December. Sorry if I was mistaken.

By the way only 120 days, 4 hours a couple of minutes to The Greatest Moment for CF'ers, the #1 event of 2002...

11. XackAttack

Oct 2, 2001
    117 Days And Countn' !

The new Spider Man movie looks a little corny, but I'll check it out.

12. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    It's 118 days to Episode II, actually.

Phil

13. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Now it's 117 days until Episode II.

Phil

14. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    341,280 seconds (or so) to go.

15. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    If only we were that close. As of 1:47 A.M., it's 10,012,380 seconds to the premiere of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

Phil

16. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    The title "The Two Towers" for LOTR is lame

Lame? How so? That's the title of the second book, after all, and was chosen (albeit by the publishers rather than Tolkien, if memory serves) because so much of the book's events involve either Orthanc (Saruman's tower in Isengard) or Minas Morgul (formerly Minas Ithil, now corrupted by the Nazgul).

17. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Is now 6:17 pm, just 111 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes & 60 seconds 'till SW EP II; AOTC Midnite Showing.

18. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    107 days till AOTC. Just joining in on the countdown. :)

19. Soulraven

Soulraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    My blatantly stolen countingdown.com Flash animation informs me that there are only 100 days until AOTC. Tomorrow is double-digits, baby!

I am not sure how you all arrange this type of thing as I was in San Antonio for TPM, but tell whoever is organizing this thing that they need but ask and I will do what I can. It's true that I live in LaSalle county and it's a 2+ hour drive to McClurg Court, but I have 2 weeks of vacation, some sick days, and a burning desire to be at the front of the line with y'all. There's no such thing as being too prepared.

20. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    It'll be 100 days at midnight tonight, actually. Right now, it's 101 days until Episode II. Today's the 4th, so 24 days (until end of February) + 31 days (March) + 30 days (April) + 16 days (May) = 101 days.

Phil

21. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    So wait a moment... EpII is coming out on a Thursday? Goofy!

...And, technically, if there is a midnight show, which there most likely will be it is only 100 days plus a few hours. :D

22. Soulraven

Soulraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, I suppose it depends on what you count as a "day". I think (and now you have me doubting myself) I was only counting full, 24 hours days, just like I don't gain any weight from eating broken cookies. It states specifically on the box that there are 20 Calories in a cookie, it doesn't say a single thing about a half-cookie, ergo there are no Calories in a half-cookie.

Either way, it's close(r)!

23. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    So, that means if I took a cookie, broke it in half and then I ate both halves, I don't gain any weight? Cool :D
    Or does this rule apply to only pre-broken cookies halves?

BTW 99 days, 12 hours and 30 minutes till EpII!

24. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    In my world the 'no-cal' rule only applies to pre-broken cookies. Once you pick up an individual cookie with the intention to eat it, it doesn't matter what you do to it, it retains the same caloric value. HOWEVER, nothing is preventing you from accidentally dropping the package of cookies! ;)

25. Rex_Karrde

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey KongZilla is GOOD to see you around.

BTW 99 days, 6 hours, 58 minutes & 30 seconds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.