Episode II: Attack of the Clones DVD!

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    4 days!!

Have you guys (and gals) seen the TV promos for the disc? It has a weird feel to it....Not very "Star Wars-esque", especially with that music they're playing. ?[face_plain]
  2. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, I have seen the TRU ad online and they are advertising either version for under $10. And I believe that you can take the ad to Wal-Mart or Circuit City and get a price match.

Here is the ad from Rebelscum:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/publications/TRUaotcAD.jpg

3. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Ken. (And Finney, for mentioning it earlier)

I know where I'm buying my disc next Tuesday. :cool:
  4. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
  5. MasterJediCharles Jedi Knight

Has anyone heard of any early DVD action here in the Central Valley? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  6. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    so will this thread sink to the bottom of the boards when the DVD comes out?
  7. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    lol, just like all the other ones...
  8. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it will, and the review thread for Episode II will jump to the top again.......UNLESS everyone wants to put their thoughts about the DVD here in this thread. I guess we'll know for sure in:

2 days!!!!
  9. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    LESS than a day... 18 hours!
  11. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Right on, guys. Been fun, this countdown has. I'm still a bit wary about that TRU deal. Perhaps they meant to print $19.99, and left off the 1? We'll see tomorrow.
  12. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    welll even if its not $9.99, im sure Wal-Dirt will have it for about 15 bucks.
  13. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    well no matter how much it costs, the main thing is that by this time tomorrow we will most likely have seen the dvd and all the cool crap that comes with it!
  14. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn right, Finney! So far, it looks like everyone is offering the disc for $15, except for this mysterious TRU offer. Tomorrow is the moment of truth!
  15. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    i have seen the ad for TRU with my own eyes, if it isnt $9.99, then it is false advertising!
  16. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    whoa! today's the day!
  17. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife has the day off to go to the Dr. today.....She is going to be at the Merced TRU @ 10am to pick up a copy for me. I'll report if she is successful or not later today.
  18. Jedi_Za-boon-kal Jedi Knight

star 1
    walmart is offering the either version( DVD or VHS) for 9.99 as well
  19. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    The Merced TRU had plenty of copies when I went by there at 11:30am today. Apparently the "runners" were out in full force there this morning. I'll let DSGeorge give that story, though...... ;)
  20. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yep, Jirin , I thought about pulling out my Sandman-issue blaster and smoking some fools!!! 8-}

In all seriousness though, there were indeed some runners, they were a bunch of overgrown ogres with bad B.O.!!! Luckly there were plenty of copies to go around. Damn, they way they were acting you would think they were damn Hot Wheels!!! ;)

"RUN RUNNERS!!!"

Hey how many of you have seen "Logans Run"?

What did you think of it???

If you didnt like it, strap yourself into the 'Carosel' machine!!!! [face_laugh]

21. Obi1kenny Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yup, got mine at TRU last night after work, widescreen and all.

ALSO!

Dude, you have a Sandman gun?
    I got to see this thing, does it have the lighter inside of it that shoots out the quad flame? I just recently got interested in this movie and the gun.

Also, I'm going to be building a Pulse Rifle from Aliens soon, I hope.

22. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    I didnt even know that they made a Sandman pistol.... That would be quite cool to have one that worked!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.